Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 01:37 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times

Advertisements

color me shocked. white conservative males pull it off somehow to minimize what this white cop did.

note how if this video came out, nothing would have ever happened to this white cop, as he said he was being dragged. i remember reading a thread about this before the video came out and everyone defended the white cop.

same thing as the white cop in south carolina with walter scott if the video wasn't shown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 01:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Even more fascinating. If the victim had been White, the MSM wouldn't have bothered to cover the story. All of you have taken the race bait yet again.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:23 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
How is it the so-called 'freedom loving, tyranny opposing' apologists are defending the notion that a cop has the prerogative to summarily execute a citizen who puts his car in drive to evade a ticket for not having a front licence plate?

This would be a textbook case of heavy handed abuse of government delegated authority over the life and death of free citizens.

Sam duBose was John Galt.
All true... except
IF you drag the "cop" down the road in you act to escape for whatever reason then you have changed the parameters of a traffic stop to a battery. We don't expect police to be road cones when you act a fool

We don't have all the evidence... the ex officer said he was dragged... the d.a. said he had already killed the motorist...
I did see some witnesses... they will have crucial testimony for the jury in this case.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And the other stupid person is dead but hey why should he just follow the cops directions? Oh yeah because if he had he would still be alive Duh.
He panicked. It happens. Cops are supposed to be trained in dealing with such situations.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:46 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Even more fascinating. If the victim had been White, the MSM wouldn't have bothered to cover the story. All of you have taken the race bait yet again.
that isnt more fascinating.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:16 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
I'm amazed anyone can make much from this video.

I have no opinion either way as I don't see what the prosecutor is claiming but he may have seen better or different images.

I understand that if it is true then something is very wrong but so far I haven't seen the evidence.

I also have difficulties why this cop would do this in daylight if he wanted to execute the man in front of other cops and we can see others walk by which doesn't make the prosecutors remarks make sense to me.

The moms reaction was to me so "special" as I understand she is grieving but it sounded very strange to listen to.

Btw where was the family when the dead man committed the other 50 offenses and usually they don't get caught every time so should we double that?

If this really happened than the cop deserves to sit in prison for the rest of his life but if it isn't like the prosecutor and family want to makes to be then free the cop.

The grand jury perhaps wants a jury decide and not have that taken away, which makes sense but in a murder case it is facts and not what someone wants to see on a tape and that goes either way.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:55 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Definitely 2nd degree murder or manslaughter.... cop needs at least 10 years + for this

Old 07-30-2015, 06:16 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
As I said before, the standard courtroom procedure of taking a cop's word over that of a regular citizen should be re-evaluated. If there is no video, IMO it is just he said/she said. Sad, but until cops can be shown to actually be honest - their word should mean nothing.

To all the bad cops out there, if you are smart, you will get out and take a job you are actually qualified for - maybe garbage collection, warehouse work, or some other job where you don't deal with the public - with the advent of cameras everywhere, and more to come, your time is limited.
" take a job you are actually qualified for - maybe garbage collection, warehouse work, or some other job"

I would guess you hold one of these types of jobs considering you "know" so much about them.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
New Slogan ~ instead of "Protect and Serve it is now "Comply or Die".

Simple solution and we all know where we stand.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:22 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
It hard to imagine how a University Cop would feel the "right" to draw his weapon in this case let alone shoot the unarmed man. Sure the guy had a bottle, sure he has been held responsible for DUI and DWL many times. Get him off the road. But to attempt to pull him from the car without reason and to draw and fire and then LIE about being dragged by the car?

This cop had a very good record with commendations. It's hard to fathom why he did what he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies