Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:19 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Of course if the "officer" had used proper judgement consistent with his professional training as opposed to the untrained civilian, he wouldn't be facing murder charges. Just a thought, one that seems to escape the apologist.
An untrained civilian doesn't know that if he tries to drive away during a stop something bad may happen?
This doesn't mean the police was correct in shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 07:20 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He had his face on video. Not too difficult to figure out who he was.
I assume you really believe that.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:21 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
So you think people can just drive off when they are stopped by the police?
If I were stopped by a College Cop-off campus from the College-you are DAMN RIGHT I would drive the hell away.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I assume you really believe that.
Yes I do. Especially in this case. While the officer did not know it at the time the guy had plenty of arrests.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:01 AM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This does nothing but destroy your credibility.

We just had a recent incident where a cop went to the supervisor and reported his partner. I'm going to have to find the incident, but it was discussed here on C-D within the last couple of weeks.
I assume you are talking about the scumbag cop in Arizona that basically broke into a woman's home and assaulted her while she was naked. Your so-called good cop may have reported the incident to his supervisor after the fact but he did nothing but stand there and let it happen while he was in the woman's house. I can't think of one time that a cop actually arrested another on duty cop or stopped them in the midst of their rampage.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:13 AM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Definitely 2nd degree murder or manslaughter.... cop needs at least 10 years + for this
They should tattoo "Ex-cop" on his forehead and put him in the general population. Let the other inmates have their way with him for a few years before someone puts him out of his misery.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:22 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A university of Cincinnati cop shoot and killed an unarmed driver off campus.

Shooting at :55 seconds with no warning.
The officer has been indicted for murder and has turned himself in. He initially claimed that he was being dragged by the car when he shot.
The car rolled away after the driver was shot in the head.

The victim's family has retained a great lawyer - Mark O'Mara - (Zimmerman's lawyer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9_dnnxmgI
Another cop lying on a police report.

How many has that been now?

We have the cops in the Tamir Rice murder who lied on their police report.

We have the cop who killed Mike Brown who lied on his police report.

We have the cop who murdered Walter Scott by shooting him in the back and trying to plant evidence in South Carolina who lied on his police report.

The cop in the Sandra Bland case lied on his police report.

Now this cop lied on his police report.

And that's just off the top of my dome.

And that doesn't even deal with the police torture building in Chicago, or the brutality of stop and frisk in New York, or the many racist tweets and emails from various cops on various police departments around the nation.

Or the police department in Garden city Florida and their just arresting random black people and charging them with trespassing while shopping or working in a gas station.

Yeah, a lot of American police departments have huge problems.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What authority do campus police have off-campus over someone who isn't a student?
They can pull you over?
The University of Cincinnati is a State-owned university, not a private college or university.

The university police have the same power, authority and jurisdiction as Ohio State Police.

Additionally, the agreement between the University -- the State of Ohio -- and the City of Cincinnati, gives university police the authority to patrol any area of interest to the university, which includes off-campus housing areas.

UC police regularly patrol the campus, the grounds surrounding the campus, the bio-tech center, the university hospital, the power-plant and numerous streets and side streets where students live in private apartments just to name a few places.

Effectively, the police patrol the areas known as Clifton, Corryville and University Heights if someone wants to google it.

Hope that clears things up.

I forgot Fairview. That's another neighborhood the State police can patrol.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:14 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure how far Campus Police reach can extend but I know that with cooperation from the local PD/Sheriff that they can extend beyond campus boundaries. I do remember, vaguely, an article about how the Univeristy of Chicao Campus Police extended their protection to the outlying areas around the campus where many students and professors live. Kind of a moat, that not ironically separates the university from the more, ah....vibrant areas of Chicago.
University of Chicago is in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago, which is the south side but is relatively safe, very few violent crimes happen there compared to other south and west side neighborhoods. The Obama's permanent home is in Hyde Park near the University. Even if the University police extended their protection to Hyde Park, they wouldn't be extending them into violent areas of Chicago and Hyde Park is indeed "vibrant" and is a highly sought after area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
70 arrests and 10 children.

While he was killed unjustly, I'll not shed a tear.
Just because someone is arrested or has a lot of kids doesn't mean that they have no value as a person. Your comment is just despicable. His children miss him. His extended family and neighbors miss him and he meant a lot to him. It is very sad that you show no compassion for someone murdered unjustly.

FWIW, my husband is also 43 like Dubose (this guy was no young "thug"). Like Dubose he also has a lot of arrests by police. When you are a black male, you are frequently stopped by police and many times they arrest you for minor things. All of Dubose's arrest save one, was for traffic violations/suspended licenses. He was not a violent criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm amazed anyone can make much from this video.

I have no opinion either way as I don't see what the prosecutor is claiming but he may have seen better or different images.

I understand that if it is true then something is very wrong but so far I haven't seen the evidence.

I also have difficulties why this cop would do this in daylight if he wanted to execute the man in front of other cops and we can see others walk by which doesn't make the prosecutors remarks make sense to me.

The moms reaction was to me so "special" as I understand she is grieving but it sounded very strange to listen to.

Btw where was the family when the dead man committed the other 50 offenses and usually they don't get caught every time so should we double that?

If this really happened than the cop deserves to sit in prison for the rest of his life but if it isn't like the prosecutor and family want to makes to be then free the cop.

The grand jury perhaps wants a jury decide and not have that taken away, which makes sense but in a murder case it is facts and not what someone wants to see on a tape and that goes either way.
Dubose's records includes multiple traffic citations. He was not a violent criminal. Being arrested doesn't mean that someone committed an offense or a crime.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Campus cop shoots and kills an unarmed driver off campus
Absolutely senseless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies