Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 01:57 AM

10,029 posts, read 9,503,170 times

Advertisements

2 immigrants in U.S. illegally are named to Huntington Park commissions - LA Times

WTF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 02:34 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,026 times

Old 08-06-2015, 03:08 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
This is a local government decision that has no effect on anything outside of their local parks and rec department.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:23 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This is a local government decision that has no effect on anything outside of their local parks and rec department.
Just yesterday you said "federal law trumps state law." But today it is a "local decision" to harbor illegal immigrants and appoint them to government positions. Guess that federal laws dealing with immigration don't count in your mind.

BTW- what do you do for work? Hopefully you are getting paid to post here since you posted multiple times an hour for 20 hours straight yesterday.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:34 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
That's just some bull crap. People who can't even legally vote getting elected?

And to think people always call FLORIDA the crazy state! smh

Old 08-06-2015, 08:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Uh; it IS a big deal because IF I know a person's an illegal alien. I WON'T take orders from him. Even IF he has some legal "power".

Old 08-06-2015, 08:41 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
Quote:
I think this is one local issue that should get national attention. This town has gone absolutely crazy. A citizen of that town and the USA was thrown out of the meeting because they objected to these two being put on the board. They were not elected; they were appointed to an advisory board. We need a national law to make this illegal in places where government is totally corrupt and have lost their minds. Corrupt government is the only way this could have happened.

I think the legal resident should have grounds to sue for their civil rights that have been stomped on. The jerk on the TV show I was watching kept saying, "They are not going anywhere." They should be going back to where they came from which is not here. He was so arrogant about it which is the way I view most illegals taking advantage of our good nature. Time to get rid of their arrogance and get our country back.

Now I am going to ask the same question I asked the Charlotte police department when known illegals were marching on the street. These people are admittedly illegal. Why are they being allowed to march on the street without being arrested and deported. Our problem is not the illegal population. Our problem is a corrupt government that is not enforcing our laws.

We used to have a right that was called a citizens arrest. Would it be legal for the citizen that was thrown out of the meeting to arrest the illegals on the board and take them to the border and drop them off? I think that should be legal and I bet we could clean out our country better than those that are supposed to do this but are not doing it. It is time for this corruption to stop. And yes, they can go somewhere. All we need to do is elect people that will clean the country out and rid our country of these criminals. Any illegal is a criminal.

Last edited by NCN; 08-06-2015 at 09:08 AM..

Old 08-06-2015, 08:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
We've covered this but all the same it should be noted, they were not elected, they were appointed.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:45 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
appointed... not elected...

but yea idiots in cali do dumb stuff

Old 08-06-2015, 08:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:

No non-citizen should be able to hold public office or a position of power in this country, on any level! PERIOD! If they want to do so, then they need to go through the proper channels of being a US citizen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies