Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 09:12 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Nowhere, because it's not a child.
Well, that's the uninformed opinion of today's witch doctors who dance around with their beads and potions but cannot cure simple ailments like colds or major ailments like cancer or a thousand other human diseases.

Yet we are supposed to believe in their opinion that a fetus isn't a child? Yeah right.

A short hundred years ago they would have cut your vein and let blood out to try to cure a headache. They are slightly more educated than that today.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:12 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
yes it is.

thus the impasse....

Old 08-14-2015, 09:15 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Chill out? You said yourself, those of us who happen to be pro life forget about kids after they are born. That is an outright lie. We do not. As for parents being deadbeats, many of them are, but these same parents had opportunities to abort and they choose to keep their babies. In many cases it was due to knowing the government would give them more money.
Reading comprehension is not your friend I see.

Nowhere did I say ALL pro-lifers. Again, just to make sure you get it, nowhere did I say ALL pro-lifers. I was responding to a comment about hypocrisy. There are plenty of pro-lifers out there, some of which I work with, that only care about the kid until it takes its first breath. As soon as that child is born, he is a welfare leech who's mom should have been more careful. A lot, again not ALL, pro-lifers are like this. They could care less about feeding the kid or helping the mom once the baby is popped out.

You aren't like that? Fantastic! The world needs more people with common sense. A lot of people here in AL could not care less about poor children or their moms. Make that poor woman pregnant and they want to regulate it to save the poor fetus. Once that poor fetus turns into an actual mouth to feed all of a sudden they don't want to help.

To clarify, mainly for the anonymous repper who makes cowardly comments, I am pro-choice, but only to a point. I am one of those people that believe it should be legal up to 20 weeks or so. Would I ever want my wife to have an abortion? Of course not! What other women do however, is none of my business.

Last edited by southernbored; 08-14-2015 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: fragment

Old 08-14-2015, 09:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, that's the uninformed opinion of today's witch doctors who dance around with their beads and potions but cannot cure simple ailments like colds or major ailments like cancer or a thousand other human diseases.

Yet we are supposed to believe in their opinion that a fetus isn't a child? Yeah right.

A short hundred years ago they would have cut your vein and let blood out to try to cure a headache. They are slightly more educated than that today.
Medicine is advancing all the time.

And philosophy is always coming up with new ideas.

But children possess sentience. They have a sense of themselves. A fetus doesn't.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:

But children possess sentience. They have a sense of themselves. A fetus doesn't.
well we know that at 8 weeks, the fetus will recoil from what you and I would view as painful stimuli.

we know that at some point pretty early on the fetus reacts to sound and in particular to the distinct sound of its mothers voice.

at some point science has determined that brai waves in the fetus show signs of what you and I call dreams.

so clearly along the pathway of growth, it seems that the fetus in fact becomes utterly human.

DC, these are not good arguments.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Quote:

I do not think this is black or white. It is not like all of a sudden one has sentience. It is a progression and if you think it has been pinpointed where it begins think again.

Again, rationalizing away the brutality of abortion (ie the fetus feels nothing) is not a good way to back the free choice position.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yes it is.

thus the impasse....
Yes, but to take your logic even further, eggs and semen are potential children, too. And yet mother nature flushes away eggs every month from women, and men masturbate and throw away their semen all the time. At some point, the building blocks for human beings are just building blocks, they aren't human beings yet. We recognize that what makes us human is a human essence, a self-awareness, a sentience. If that sentience isn't present, for instance a car accident victim whose brain has died, we recognize that the person that was once housed in that body is gone. In fetuses without sentience, no one has ever moved in.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:21 AM

624 posts, read 379,313 times
Quote:

So when a boxer is knocked out, are they no longer human?

How about when a person is out to sleep for an operation? While they are not conscious, are they not human?

One problem when Michael Jackson used drugs to sleep is that it inhibited dreaming. It inhibited unconscious thought. There was no thought at all.

So do all people that are put to sleep cease to exist as humans?

How about people in comas with brain waves, but no actual evidence of thought. Are they dead?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:21 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:

Find out why the smartest doctors want NOTHING to do with abortion and the vast majority of them wouldn't even consider one.

Because abortion is a political hot potato. They know it's medieval and gruesome, but they aren't going to risk their careers to speak out about it.

Doctors who perform abortions are pariahs in the medical community.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:26 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
So when a boxer is knocked out, are they no longer human?

How about when a person is out to sleep for an operation? While they are not conscious, are they not human?

One problem when Michael Jackson used drugs to sleep is that it inhibited dreaming. It inhibited unconscious thought. There was no thought at all.

So do all people that are put to sleep cease to exist as humans?

How about people in comas with brain waves, but no actual evidence of thought. Are they dead?

I think you need to learn how to science!

Someone who is sleeping is not the same thing as a fetus, and neither is someone who has been knocked out. Please learn to science!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies