Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 06:38 PM

624 posts, read 379,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
for winning guy, in the womb, dependent on an individual woman is far different than any "situation" you continue to bring up. in a coma, or whatever is off topic and has no bearing on a dependent fetus in the womb.
I think you misunderstand the reasons behind my questions. I'm not attempting to make direct comparisons. I'm trying to where people draw the line on what they consider "viable".

At what point is the baby's life worth anything? It's not a matter of controlling the woman. It's about protecting an innocent life.

If you knew a parent wanted to kill their 1 day old child, would you support it? Why or why not? Would telling her that she can't be because you're focused on controlling her? Would that be your motivation and driving factor? Control? Or maybe... just maybe, might it be about the child? And maybe it would be utterly ridiculous for people to suggest that your desire was to control the mother.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
It's not a great practice to call someone moronic when your grammar is atrocious. A rather cute way to attempt to undercut my argument with an off base comparison that isn't even in the ballpark by the way. You can have a personal opinion on murder because murder affects everyone. Someone else's abortion does not affect you in the slightest. And the "I know someone" argument is well attested on this board by multiple people. It's pretty much the realm of someone who can't back their opinion up with facts to say they know someone in the field.
Murder affects everyone? How about it you murders someone with no friends, family, or connections? He was just a bum who lived in the woods? Does that make it okay?

Old 08-14-2015, 06:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
You assign false motivations to others, and then argue against that. That is lying. Period.
That is not what I am doing, what I am doing is calling people out on what they are skating around. But it seems like we are at an impasse so I won't be responding to these false claims of yours anymore.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:47 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Murder affects everyone? How about it you murders someone with no friends, family, or connections? He was just a bum who lived in the woods? Does that make it okay?
Everybody has someone that cares for them. Even the bum who lives in the woods has people that do. You are really reaching now.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
No point debating "week-of-viability" with pro-lifers. They pretend to engage, with cute images of 16 and 24 week babies and discussions of when a baby feels pain, but the "baby holocaust" happens before 8 weeks. Less than 3% of abortions are after 16 weeks. The "holocaust" and two-thirds of abortions are before 8 weeks. During the first 8 weeks a fetus is called an embryo. Pro-lifers would ban any post conception birth control/abortion during this embryonic stage.

Cumulative % of abortions:
34% ≤6 wks
52% 7 wks
66% 8 wks
75% 9 wks
81% 10 wks
86% 11 wks
89% 12 wks
92% 13 wks
96% 14-15 wks
98% 16-17 wks
99% 18-20 wks
100% ≥21 wks
Not all pro-lifers have the same view.

I am not very opposed to abortion up to 8 weeks. I can understand the "mass of cells" argument up to that point.

But at some point, the baby is alive. And not due to a legal technicality, but because this is a small human being. Sure, this human is not fully functioning and independent, but some people value life itself. Life is the most important civil right anyone possesses.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:51 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
I think you misunderstand the reasons behind my questions. I'm not attempting to make direct comparisons. I'm trying to where people draw the line on what they consider "viable".

At what point is the baby's life worth anything? It's not a matter of controlling the woman. It's about protecting an innocent life.

If you knew a parent wanted to kill their 1 day old child, would you support it? Why or why not? Would telling her that she can't be because you're focused on controlling her? Would that be your motivation and driving factor? Control? Or maybe... just maybe, might it be about the child? And maybe it would be utterly ridiculous for people to suggest that your desire was to control the mother.
most consider viability when the baby can live outside the womb. no other situation is comparable.
it matters not when you consider a life worth protecting, as long as abortion is legal the woman who is pregnant gets to make her choice if she will give birth, adopt or abort. it doesn't nor should it involve anyone else besides the woman and who she wants to allow into the decision.

when you want to step over the line and tell women they no longer have choice, that they have to give birth you are controlling them. no doubt about it.

we have had this discussion before, you continue to ask the question again and again. you either don't want to accept the answer or are being purposely dense. one day old child is not dependent on the womb.

there is nothing to compare, no situation that is like a woman and a pregnancy. her womb her choice, the fetus does not trump her right.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:53 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Not all pro-lifers have the same view.

I am not very opposed to abortion up to 8 weeks. I can understand the "mass of cells" argument up to that point.

But at some point, the baby is alive. And not due to a legal technicality, but because this is a small human being. Sure, this human is not fully functioning and independent, but some people value life itself. Life is the most important civil right anyone possesses.
so at a certain point you are ok with forcing a woman to remain pregnant against her will?

Old 08-14-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So letting a woman make the choice for herself is now considered "extremist." Who knew.
Making the choice to kill another... yeah.

At various points on this forum you've acknowledged that even at times you admit the baby is alive, you dont care. You also just mentioned that you don't care about the baby's innocence.

Anyone that realizes that the baby is a live being, but thinks that the protection of that life is offensive is pretty extreme.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Everybody has someone that cares for them. Even the bum who lives in the woods has people that do. You are really reaching now.
You're avoiding the question. It's not a real scenario. It's an attempt to understand your logic. Where do you draw the line? How do you define things?

If a person had nobody that cares, would it be okay to murder him.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
most consider viability when the baby can live outside the womb. no other situation is comparable.
it matters not when you consider a life worth protecting, as long as abortion is legal the woman who is pregnant gets to make her choice if she will give birth, adopt or abort. it doesn't nor should it involve anyone else besides the woman and who she wants to allow into the decision.

when you want to step over the line and tell women they no longer have choice, that they have to give birth you are controlling them. no doubt about it.

we have had this discussion before, you continue to ask the question again and again. you either don't want to accept the answer or are being purposely dense. one day old child is not dependent on the womb.

there is nothing to compare, no situation that is like a woman and a pregnancy. her womb her choice, the fetus does not trump her right.
Why is viability the point that matters? Is the life somehow different? Did the baby get extra life points because technology advances?

Is the baby alive before she's viable? But their life just happens to be worthless before that point? Why?

Do you believe that life is a fundamental human right? Is it stepping over the line when someone wants to protect the mist important of fundamental human rights?

You keep stating that the woman's right to kill trumps the baby's right to survive. But you have never really given a detailed explanation as to why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies