Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 08:28 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
Everything I bring up is for consistency. I'm checking for consistency in your belief system.

You avoid it of course.
lol I avoid nothing, that is your style. you never answer questions. just ask them about topics that don't even relate to the topic.

are you ok with forcing women to remain pregnant against their wills to save an innocent life?

Old 08-14-2015, 08:58 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
are you ok with forcing women to remain pregnant against their wills to save an innocent life?
Like this? A 10 year raped by her stepfather, forced to carry the baby, and deliver by cesarean section:

11-year-old rape victim gives birth in Paraguay - CNN.com

An 11-year-old girl denied an abortion after allegedly being raped by her stepfather has given birth to a healthy baby girl in Asunción, Paraguay, where a fierce debate is brewing over a law banning most abortions.

In the mostly Catholic country, 684 girls between the ages of 10 and 14 gave birth last year. Most of the minors had been victims of sexual abuse, according to government figures. A Paraguayan law bans abortions except in cases where the pregnancy endangers the mother's life. Violation of the law carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

The baby was born by cesarean and weighed 3 kilograms (about 6.6 pounds).

Old 08-14-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Like this? A 10 year raped by her stepfather, forced to carry the baby, and deliver by cesarean section:

An 11-year-old girl denied an abortion after allegedly being raped by her stepfather has given birth to a healthy baby girl in Asunción, Paraguay, where a fierce debate is brewing over a law banning most abortions.

In the mostly Catholic country, 684 girls between the ages of 10 and 14 gave birth last year. Most of the minors had been victims of sexual abuse, according to government figures. A Paraguayan law bans abortions except in cases where the pregnancy endangers the mother's life. Violation of the law carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

yes like this, but this isn't child abuse this is saving innocent lives.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:23 PM

624 posts, read 379,313 times
Quote:
lol I avoid nothing, that is your style. you never answer questions. just ask them about topics that don't even relate to the topic.

I believe that life trumps privacy.

I am for a person to have full control of what they want to do with their body unless it affects the rights of others. In the case of abortion, the woman is violating a fundamental right of the baby if she decides she wants to kill it. And in my view, once the cells have found their function, and the baby has moved beyond the embryonic stage, that baby should be protected from those that want to kill him/her.

Therefore, I fully support limiting the actions of anyone, regardless of sex, if their action is to try to kill an innocent baby.

It's a consistent view. I believe the same thing if the baby is born. A person can't kill it. I believe that they should be stopped.

Why? Because life is the most fundamental of all rights.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post

Unfortunate situation.

I believe that an abortion within the first 8 weeks would have been okay. Some may disagree with me if they define life as earlier. And if they are consistent in their views, I can respect it.

I feel bad for what the girl went through, but no part of me wishes that the baby was dead.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Unfortunate situation.

I believe that an abortion within the first 8 weeks would have been okay. Some may disagree with me if they define life as earlier. And if they are consistent in their views, I can respect it.

I feel bad for what the girl went through, but no part of me wishes that the baby was dead.
you feel bad, just not bad enough that a ten year old has to give birth.
by your user name I suspect you have never given birth nor will ever give birth. so you can't quite put yourself in the position of what a young 10 year old girl would feel and experience going through 24 hours of labor, being torn apart to birth a ten pound baby feels like.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I believe that life trumps privacy.

I am for a person to have full control of what they want to do with their body unless it affects the rights of others. In the case of abortion, the woman is violating a fundamental right of the baby if she decides she wants to kill it. And in my view, once the cells have found their function, and the baby has moved beyond the embryonic stage, that baby should be protected from those that want to kill him/her.

Therefore, I fully support limiting the actions of anyone, regardless of sex, if their action is to try to kill an innocent baby.

It's a consistent view. I believe the same thing if the baby is born. A person can't kill it. I believe that they should be stopped.

Why? Because life is the most fundamental of all rights.
the life of the woman trumps all, she also has the right to privacy even though you don't view that as important.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
you feel bad, just not bad enough that a ten year old has to give birth.
by your user name I suspect you have never given birth nor will ever give birth. so you can't quite put yourself in the position of what a young 10 year old girl would feel and experience going through 24 hours of labor, being torn apart to birth a ten pound baby feels like.
It's sad. It's messed up.

It's a rare situation.

If there was an abortion in that case, I would not blame the child.

But this situation is not the norm. Not even almost. Yet it's only extreme cases like this that you use to attack pro-lifers. The normal cases aren't as easily defensible because a large portion of them are just about selfish choices.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
the life of the woman trumps all, she also has the right to privacy even though you don't view that as important.
If the woman's life is at risk, then go ahead.

But privacy is not more important than life.

I ask so many questions because such a viewpoint seems so sick and unfathomable to me. Privacy more important than life? Really? Wow.

We should start executing peeping Toms.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Unfortunate situation.

Oh, it's more than an "unfortunate situation". It's a tragedy when a pre-teen girl is forced to give birth to the child of her rapist.

Every pro-choice poster who has responded to you is consistent in their views. Yet you obviously have no respect for their views.

That's called a double standard. Which isn't unusual among the American anti-choice crowd. Who recoil at the thought of an undocumented six-year old receiving a free school lunch. Because her life was precious until she passed through the birth canal....and became unwanted when she crossed the border.

When you advocate for every six-year-old who needs a free school meal to keep their belly full...When you advocate for pre-teen rape victims who are forced to carry the child of their rapist (instead of dismissing it as an unfortunate situation) ......THEN you get to call yourself pro-life. As it stands you're just one more person who has no uterus.... but wants to control the people who do.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-14-2015 at 10:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies