Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 08:21 AM

624 posts, read 379,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
No, no ban. I'd prefer if women didn't have abortions, esp. late term abortions, but I son't judge the women I've known who've made the tough decision.

It varies by country, but generally socialized-medicine European countries don't allow abortion past the 1st trimester. It's not so much a moral/murder issue but a recognition that babies are good for society... and they have better assistance programs for mothers and children.

Canada has no legal cut-off but doctors and hospitals don't do "on demand" abortions after 24 weeks. Amniocentesis/Downs results come in around week 20 and hospital staff will recommend an abortion if the results show Downs.
These other areas are apparently less barbaric than we are.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:23 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, emphasis is inevitably a sign of desperation (sarcasm). In the eyes of someone who is desperate and unable to refute someone else's argument. Then attacking the person instead of the argument is very satisfying, isn't it?
The truth of the situation is abortion needs to stay legal. It is a similar argument to the ending the war on drugs. If abortion is outlawed these procedures are not just going to stop. They will be done in back alley operations with zero oversight. At which point the health of the women will be put in jeopardy.

The right to life people need to fight for their cause in a different manner then calling to outlaw abortion. Outlawing it will only make the situation worse. As we have seen with the War on Drugs.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
The truth of the situation is abortion needs to stay legal. It is a similar argument to the ending the war on drugs. If abortion is outlawed these procedures are not just going to stop. They will be done in back alley operations with zero oversight. At which point the health of the women will be put in jeopardy.

The right to life people need to fight for their cause in a different manner then calling to outlaw abortion. Outlawing it will only make the situation worse. As we have seen with the War on Drugs.
I concur.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:49 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Maybe if you ever get a diagnosis like pancreatic cancer you're find out just how clueless modern medicine is to the human body.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:58 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
in other words when the woman has consensual sex and gets pregnant she shouldn't be able to abort. tell me why is it your business what Debbie the dental asst. down at the local dentist office, sex life any of your business? why do you feel the need to protect the "innocent" she may have in her womb?

it is a woman's right to control her own reproduction as she see's fit. according to her moral code not yours.

woe=men are sexual beings just as a man we are allowed to have sex unprotected or not. we have choice. if we have an unplanned pregnancy, no matter how it was conceived, mistreated or not. using BC or not we can give birth, have an abortion or we can go with adoption. what ever our choice, we do not need you to "protect what you perceive as innocent"

Thank you! next Time I want money im going to rob a bank because you just gave me that right.

See we have a fundamental disconnect.

You see this as a situation where a single person is involved and the only person who may be hurt is the woman getting an abortion (and I expect you don't even see it as potential for harm at all)

Those of us on the Life side, don't see it that way. We see that baby being aborted as an individual who can be harmed. Ergo the need for law to protect that individual.

There will never be a moment when you and I have the capacity to relate because of your utter commitment to the notion that the baby is not a baby until the dr. slaps it on the butt.

I do thank you for your post. It was very well done and it very well articulates the very far extreme position held by so very many pro-abortion people.

as for protecting the innocent... well we are told continually that the innocent victims of rape are in deed the reason why we must have abortion. so I will continue to seek protection of all innocents that are damaged by criminals... not because they are women rather because they are victims... you know like African American young men gunned down by bad cops.

and again, just so we are clear, you don't think a "fetus that is at 8 months and 29 days is a baby. I do. Because I do, I will continue to seek to protect that baby even from the likes of its own mother.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:00 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Ok, so me and three other guys can't do it. Fine.

Can I sit down with 300 guys ahead of time?

We'll call ourselves a government and then give ourselves the power via a law we pass to really beat you into the ground and steal from you to help my poor, now quite critical Aunt Tilly?

Is it OK now?
Ok, you obviously can't understand basic thought..... Wait... Haven't I said that before?

Injuring someone and stealing something from them is not the same as taxing, which I assume is where you are going with this since it started about helping pay for things for poor women. Also, abortion is legal, so even if you are talking about that, you would still be doing something illegal.

Get a law passed (In the great USofA, not your fantasy land) that says you and 300 guys can come beat me up for my money, and we'll talk. Otherwise, I am done with you, you are a lost cause.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:02 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Thank you! next Time I want money im going to rob a bank because you just gave me that right.

See we have a fundamental disconnect.

You see this as a situation where a single person is involved and the only person who may be hurt is the woman getting an abortion (and I expect you don't even see it as potential for harm at all)

Those of us on the Life side, don't see it that way. We see that baby being aborted as an individual who can be harmed. Ergo the need for law to protect that individual.

There will never be a moment when you and I have the capacity to relate because of your utter commitment to the notion that the baby is not a baby until the dr. slaps it on the butt.

I do thank you for your post. It was very well done and it very well articulates the very far extreme position held by so very many pro-abortion people.

as for protecting the innocent... well we are told continually that the innocent victims of rape are in deed the reason why we must have abortion. so I will continue to seek protection of all innocents that are damaged by criminals... not because they are women rather because they are victims... you know like African American young men gunned down by bad cops.

and again, just so we are clear, you don't think a "fetus that is at 8 months and 29 days is a baby. I do. Because I do, I will continue to seek to protect that baby even from the likes of its own mother.
Good point, where is the ACLU to protect that unborn child?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, they don't get to talk about it because they were never placed in a situation where abortion may be an option. It's always easy to tell other people what you would do when you aren't the one facing that choice. Plenty of pro choice people decide they can't go through with an abortion and plenty of anti abortion people decide that they have to have one. It's not the black and white situation that your side makes it out to be.

sticking with your absurdity huh?

well its an utterly moronic argument. by this, one can argue, that only those who have been put in the position of being mad enough to commit murder can speak about how bad murder is.

that's just dumb.

AND its offensive. Its twisted and its ridiculous on its face.

compounded by your other nonsense argument here the "I know someone" argument.

in your on mind you just eliminated every counter argument. but you haven't. you've just proven a willingness to go with inane nonsense and pat yourself on the back over it.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Nowhere, because it's not a child.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They are in Cali fighting for the right of illegal aliens who have committed crimes to be released in America and not sent back to their home country.

Evidently that is a far greater right than... you know... the right of American citizens to not get raped and murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies