Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:49 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Might it be more fruitful for us to consider what makes these women so incapable of loving their own babies, rather than to demand that others take the responsibiliy of doing so?
I don't believe so, for one thing NO method of birth control is 100% effective other than abstinence, and that's about as likely as hitting the lotto jackpot with every ticket you buy. Who's responsibility is it then when the birth control fails?

Quote:
When it comes to imposition, consider if you will the imposition of a death sentence on their children by the women who conceived them.
Quite simply I don't believe that a blastocyst is properly listed under the heading of 'children'. If I ever see scientific proof that it should I will promptly change my views on abortion.

Quote:
To those on the left, the problem is one of logistics. To those on the right, it is a question of basic human decency. This is a fundamental difference of perspective...
You're going to have to explain this one. At this point it doesn't strike me as anything more than a lame attempt to pat yourself on the back and claim some sort of imagined moral superiority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 08:50 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And YOUR perspective may change if YOU were alone, desperate, and pregnant ...how LUCKY for you that you'll never find yourself in that predicament!

And PUH-leese ...I think the whole country has seen the "basic human decency of the right"

....go up in smoke !

AND check out just WHO has abortions ...just might shatter your idea of the right having such high standards!
People have a responsibility to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It's not that difficult.

Their were 1.5 milion abortions reported in the US in 2007. The Left is gratified about this. Better rethink your "human decency" argument.

Using the caplock does not make your arguments any more persuasive -- only shrill.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
People have a responsibility to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It's not that difficult.

Their were 1.5 milion abortions reported in the US in 2007. The Left is gratified about this. Better rethink your "human decency" argument.

Using the caplock does not make your arguments any more persuasive -- only shrill.

Complaining about caplocks shows you don't have much of an argument.

Looked up just WHO has abortions yet ???

Old 01-26-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't believe so, for one thing NO method of birth control is 100% effective other than abstinence, and that's about as likely as hitting the lotto jackpot with every ticket you buy. Who's responsibility is it then when the birth control fails?
Having a child is not the greatest tragedy imaginable.

Quote:
Quite simply I don't believe that a blastocyst is properly listed under the heading of 'children'. If I ever see scientific proof that it should I will promptly change my views on abortion.
Doi we really need to go into the "how much does it resemble an infant" argument again? It's little. It's not fully formed. Kill it. Right...

Quote:
You're going to have to explain this one. At this point it doesn't strike me as anything more than a lame attempt to pat yourself on the back and claim some sort of imagined moral superiority.
I was responding to the poster's query and taunt regarding the responsiblity for caring for an "unwanted" child. I made the point that this typifies the left's perspective -- of the child as "logistical problem", vs the right's perspective that intact families and mother-love are what need to be encouraged, not alternatives to birth.

And I am not patting myself on the back. This whole topic makes my shoulders slump in sorrow, to be frank...

Old 01-26-2008, 08:56 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
Quote:
And YOUR perspective may change if YOU were alone, desperate, and pregnant ...how LUCKY for you that you'll never find yourself in that predicament!

And PUH-leese ...I think the whole country has seen the "basic human decency of the right"

....go up in smoke !

AND check out just WHO has abortions ...just might shatter your idea of the right having such high standards!
Abortion is MURDER ! You can label it whatever makes you feel better inside but it's still murder.

Btw, why would anyone listen to anything the Germans might say about Americans, they spawned Hitler...I think that says it all !

Old 01-26-2008, 08:56 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:

Unless you can document anyone being gratified by the number of abortions being performed I'm going to flat-out label that statement as being a load of crap.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytripper View Post
I didn't vote for him EITHER time....or his daddy.

Didn't vote for Clinton....either.

CAN'T VOTE.......for ANYONE who I feel is more likely to HURT the country than help it.

That would likely be EVERY possible choice, EVERY time!

Voting no longer means ANYTHING in America, IMO.
It's no different than placing bets on a very rigged game with NO hope of EVER winning!

So.....WHY bother?
That makes me sad. Yes, it is difficult. Bush was in a move just as Obama seems to be now. Nobody really thinks what the result of their choice will be. They are just following the crowd. But that being said, Please bother to vote. Ask for a write-in ballot if the person you want is not on the ballot. That will be you doing your best for your country. Your vote is just as important as anyone elses and don't ever give up.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Complaining about caplocks shows you don't have much of an argument.

Looked up just WHO has abortions yet ???
Don't be intransigent. The whole topic is disheartening.

Besides, I'm sure you can tell us. You sound like the kind of person who would dwell on such things.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Abortion is MURDER ! You can label it whatever makes you feel better inside but it's still murder.

Btw, why would anyone listen to anything the Germans might say about Americans, they spawned Hitler...I think that says it all !

They also "spawned" my parents and grandparents...keep your racism to yourself...it's as wrong as murder.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Unless you can document anyone being gratified by the number of abortions being performed I'm going to flat-out label that statement as being a load of crap.
Go to a NARAL meeting sometime. Listen to the cheers. Hear them mock the ignorant right-to-lifers. It's like a pep rally for death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies