Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 04:52 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
45 pages and counting. Uh, yeah someone certainly does "give a flip" about what these dudes are doing.
Nah....Some of us just find it funny that it keeps on going and going after they've been told over and over that we really don't care what they do. Their decision has zero impact on the rest of society. If they realized that they'd stop posting.

The problem is that they WANT their decision to mean something to society when it doesn't. Those who want a mate and family will find each other and those who don't will do whatever it is they want to do. No one loses anything here.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:00 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
A better question would be: how is this a loss for men?

And I honestly don't care if women laugh and walk away from me, because they are not that interesting in bed and romance with them is something I find painfully boring.

But it should be said that for a certain segment of the female population (note, NOT ALL WOMEN ARE LIKE THIS, SO DON'T MISQUOTE ME!) who are honestly hurt by the idea that a man, even one they are not interested in in the least, who does not see them as desirable and is more interested in amateur entomology then trying to woo them. It is a slap in the face to some women when they meet a male who is not interested in their sex appeal and will not give them any special treatment because they are attractive.
So why post here? You have every right to not like the company of women. Go live your life. You don't need anyone's blessing or understanding. It's YOUR life.

You're wrong on women caring that you're not interested. We have no interest in men who aren't interested in us and I'm sure vice-versa. People are attracted/not attracted to others for many reasons so we expect that there will be a significant number not attracted to us in particular. It only matters to us if we are interested and he isn't but you can't change the way someone is wired. They either are or aren't and you deal with it and move on. It's really not the big deal you seem to think it is to us.

I had the biggest crush on a guy who turned out to be gay when I was young. Once I realized he had no interest in me it was easy to move on. This is really a no brainer. Do what you want. No one really cares one way or the other.

WRT the picture, how do you know she's lost to men? I'm a feminist and I'm married. Being a feminist doesn't mean we don't date. And there are those who prefer their women to be built for comfort not for speed. My dh has a friend who wouldn't date a woman he could put his arms around and touch his finger tips together. He considered them too skinny. To each his own. That's what people are telling you here. Do what you want. No one cares. If you want to go your own way then go. No one's going to lose any sleep over your decision any more than they lose sleep over dh's friend's decision. We all have our preferences. Live yours and be happy. That's certainly a better option than marrying some poor woman you'd make miserable because of your feelings about women.

Go....be gone....do what you want....No one cares. You seem to think they do but they don't. We're all way to concerned with our own lives to worry about what you do with yours. I have two neighbors who are single men who live alone. I have no idea why they're single nor do I care. It's their life. I assume they're happy with their choices.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 09-04-2015 at 05:16 PM..

Old 09-04-2015, 06:02 PM

371 posts, read 258,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was a late bloomer and didn't really start dating until I was well into my 20s and lost my virginity closer to 30 than 20. Maybe that's why I don't see what all the fuss is about. I mean really, sex is overrated, and so are relationships. And yet, society expects me and other men to do x,y and z to "impress women" and "get girls" and go through all these hopes, do all this effort, just to attract a female. And once we get said female we are suppose to "grow up" and basically prostitute ourselves to a 9-5, even if we hate said 9-5, give up our own ambitions in favor of having kids, supporting a wife (so much for "independent women") and family and have no dreams aside from maybe getting a McMansion.

Enter MGTOW, an idea that was around before it had a name. It is about men rejecting the ideas of society and not denying ourselves to satisfy some woman's expectations or what society expects of men. It is NOT about men who don't want to grow up. The opposite, actually: I have a nice job, pay my own bills and even volunteer at a local animal shelter. I just don't spend any more time pursuing women because relationships as a whole are really not worth it. I would rather spend my time becoming a better writer of horror and fantasy or backpacking than trying to meet women at bars or online.

And it is not about hating women. I have more female friends than I do male friends. I have nothing against women as a whole. We don't believe women should be back in the kitchen. Most of us understand that women should be free to pursue whatever ambition they desire. Likewise, we want our own dreams to be OURS and not what society tells us. MGTOW is not anti-woman, but it is pro-men being free and liberated. Women do not have to stay in the kitchen and with the kids any more (thank God) and men don't have to climb the corporate ladder and jump through hopes to attract women and be hubbies anymore (thank God)

Also, MGTOW is as much a middle-finger to the older generation of men as it is to certain (but not all) women. We are telling our fathers and grandfathers that we see the lies they didn't see and that we know why they have grown into old, bitter men: they fell for it. The idea that I as a male have to become a walking ATM machine for a baby-factory who doesn't really care for me and I have to sell my soul for a "dream" of an ugly house filled with brats is dead. That McMansion is a gilded cage...emphasis on the cage part

And finally it is not about feminism. It may have been inspired by some ideas of feminism (if women can be liberated, than so can we) but this is not men giving up because women "refuse to be ladies". Even if I was around "Stepford Wife" kind of women I would still not want to go back to dating...in fact, that would be even worse! At least modern women can actually work and provide something material to a relationship in theory. Back in the day they were just free-loaders. Honestly: is a relationship and sex so important that I would give up my freedom to a free-loader? Not for me, it isn't, and not for a growing number of men.

That is what MGTOW is. It is men's liberation finally here and finally spreading. Deal with it
Unfortunately I married young and had 4 kids before I was 30. I am a guy BTW...both me and the wife agree we ONLY got married because she was pregnant and it was the right thing to do. We loved each other of course and still do but I wish I had known what I know now about marriage,kids,etc because my life would have been DRASTICALLY different. I have told her so. She said the same thing. I would have bought an RV taken my dog and books and traveled the country and eventually the world. It is what it is. Love my kids to death about the only thing that keeps me going in this miserable dead world anymore is the see them succeed where we failed and not make rash quick decisions we push college before ANYTHING ELSE. So I agree with you and I see where you are coming from. Because of my own decisions I am a cynical mean *******.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncorrectPolitically View Post
The best part of MGTOW is that it teaches you the psychological tactics white knights and women use to manipulate men. They can be seen very clearly in this thread. For example:

If you're not that into dating or sex, you're labeled mentally ill. Why? Because if you're not chasing women for sex and taking them out on dates, women lose their power and influence over men. Women control men through sex and manipulate men's egos through sex. MGTOW is HUGE in Japan right now (they call them grass eaters/herbivore men) and the men that don't chase women there for dates or sex are given emasculating monikers. As this same thing continues to spread to other countries, like the US, expect the level of male shaming to increase many fold.

That was just one example. If you look carefully, those that oppose MGTOW use easily recognizable shaming tactics. For the complete list, Google 'MGTOW Shaming Tactics'. Learning the MGTOW mindset drastically reduces women's power over men psychologically - which is the same as a death blow to women. The MGTOW mindset in effect removes women's manipulative powers over men.

Once men understand that most of their life problems and struggles disappear when women's power over them dissipates and when women's presence in their lives is controlled, the same phenomenon gripping Japan will take a strong hold in the US. You can already see it happening. It's just a matter of time before our own government begins to panic. Note that this is now a global trend.

You can negatively label MGTOW all you want, but it's not going to reverse the process. One by one, men will discover that the MGTOW mindset is a positive one for men and reject the shaming. The MGTOW mindset is an extremely powerful mindset for men. The more you try to malign it, the more powerful it will grow.
Good grief. Men used to take stances on important stuff going on around the world.

If none of y'all don't want to date, or to have sexual relationships, or to marry -- OKAY! Don't! Again, if you feel so comfortable and happy with your decision, you wouldn't be so angry and feel the need to proselytize. You'd just quietly go about your business, as do women who make similar life choices.

Ultimately, it's Darwinian. MGTOW is a great example of natural selection at work.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:41 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
I strongly support MGTOW......Leaves more options for me..

Old 09-06-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
Unfortunately I married young and had 4 kids before I was 30. I am a guy BTW...both me and the wife agree we ONLY got married because she was pregnant and it was the right thing to do. We loved each other of course and still do but I wish I had known what I know now about marriage,kids,etc because my life would have been DRASTICALLY different. I have told her so. She said the same thing. I would have bought an RV taken my dog and books and traveled the country and eventually the world. It is what it is. Love my kids to death about the only thing that keeps me going in this miserable dead world anymore is the see them succeed where we failed and not make rash quick decisions we push college before ANYTHING ELSE. So I agree with you and I see where you are coming from. Because of my own decisions I am a cynical mean *******.
Marriage and raising kids has never been easy, but your experience is a whole other story. Study after study clearly shows that people who wait longer to get married (and who are university educated), generally speaking, have much higher levels of economic, professional AND personal success. They're happier and more fulfilled in their LTRs.

Although my own marriage ended, I am well aware of those well-documented facts.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:32 PM

14 posts, read 16,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Good grief. Men used to take stances on important stuff going on around the world.

If none of y'all don't want to date, or to have sexual relationships, or to marry -- OKAY! Don't! Again, if you feel so comfortable and happy with your decision, you wouldn't be so angry and feel the need to proselytize. You'd just quietly go about your business, as do women who make similar life choices.

Ultimately, it's Darwinian. MGTOW is a great example of natural selection at work.
Thanks for proving my point with the shaming thing, newdixiegirl.

BTW, it's the higher IQ, more educated folk that are having far, far fewer children. The less accomplished and lower IQ folks are breeding like rabbits.

Seems your Darwinian ideal of natural selection has reversed - with feminists being the impetus of that reversal, newdixiegirl. But you go on ahead with your proselytizing. God I love feminists.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncorrectPolitically View Post
Thanks for proving my point with the shaming thing, newdixiegirl.

BTW, it's the higher IQ, more educated folk that are having far, far fewer children. The less accomplished and lower IQ folks are breeding like rabbits.

Seems your Darwinian ideal of natural selection has reversed - with feminists being the impetus of that reversal, newdixiegirl. But you go on ahead with your proselytizing. God I love feminists.

I'm hardly the one proselytizing, IP. You are the one who has posted multiple (long) comments on this thread, not I.

If you so disapprove of "feminism," can you explain in which ways, exactly, you are a traditional man who lives his life according to traditionally masculine ideals?

Old 09-15-2015, 09:48 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Uh, women who make similar choices do not quietly go about their business. They talk about women needing men like fish need bicycles, go on and on ad nauseum about the patriarchal oppression of women, complain about being treated as sex objects, complain about how they have to work twice as hard to get half as much respect as men, etc.

The men's movement today is just where feminism was 50 years ago. People mocking it and dismissing it today is just how people reacted to feminism in the 1960s. 50 years from people will be just as mystified at the "men have no problems, why are they whining?" attitude of today as we are at the failure of people in the 1960s to recognize the very real problems faced by women then.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:55 PM

5 posts, read 4,946 times
Soooo what about "relief"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies