Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Germans are worried not only about the new asylum seekers, but also about the growing numbers of other migrants entering Europe’s largest and strongest economy. Equally vexing to many is the lack of assimilation among a significant number of Muslim immigrants, some of whom came to Germany decades ago.

In the city of Wuppertal, 11 Muslims wearing the words "sharia police" on orange vests and these people warn the young partygoers that they were violating islamic law by drinking.

Some claim that because ww2, Germany now must be a place of acceptance and tolerance. This is b.s. Germany has always ALWAYS been a place of acceptance and tolerance. Regular Germans don't owe anything to anybody, especially for something happened such a long time ago.

Why can't they protect their OWN citizens and their own heritage? Sure there are skinheads and neo-Nazi groups in Germany, but they are everywhere in every country. These extreme people are in the minority.

Overwhelming majority of Germans love their country, they are not racist and they are not hateful people. Ask any non-white people how do they like Germany? Guaranteed majority of them love the country. This is a country with beautiful culture and rich history.

Germans just want to take control of their own country and feel safe again. It is not about racism.

Lily, you should read the OP article. It clearly shows this is about racism. See my earlier post. People interviewed didn't want Germany to "turn black."

The Muslim/Islam thing wasn't even mentioned. There are groups of people, albeit small right now who are going around threatening people based on their skin color, verbally harrassing people on the street based on skin color, attacking/beating up people on the street because of their skin color, burning (arson) buildings owned by a white German because he volunteered to use his own property to provide good housing to refugees.

What about all this behavior is "not about racism" It is plainly racism on the part of this growinly vocal minority in Germany and it is similar to the nazis. The Holocaust didn't just all of a sudden happen you know. People got riled up about Jews in a similar fashion - thinking Jews are evil or dirty or seedy, inferior people. Afraid that Jews were destroying racial purity in Germany. They attacked Jews on the street and hurled verbal assaults at them. They blamed their religion for their "evilness."

This is eerily similar occurrences going on and as stated people should learn from their history. I bet if they get a charismatic leader in Germany who espouses these racial ideas, that that leader will get a wide amount of support and that support to those ideologies will grow and grow to the point that something like the Holocaust can happen again.

I'm not insinuating that it will as I believe the majority of Germans in Germany are decent, good people and I feel this article was written and hopefully in Germany more is being broadcast about this vocal, terroristic minority, so that those good decent, majority Germans will be on watch for another movement like Nazi-ism.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:12 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,204,163 times
Quote:
I find relating modern-day Germans to Hitler and Nazis, as I have often seen done, is just as insulting and cruel as relating a Persian individual to Saddam Hussein.

Yes, German culture is a beautiful culture.
Cry me a river.

It's an historical fact that German nationalism and militarism has wreaked havoc on Europe -- and the world -- for the last 150 years.

It's also an historical fact that anti-Semitism and racism was not only a hallmark of the Nazi regime but that millions of Germans supported and participated in the Nazi genocide visited upon Jews, Gypsys, Poles, Russians, and numerous other European peoples.

You can pretend 1933-1945 didn't happen, but it did. Deal with it.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:16 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Bull manure. It's racism plain and simple. It's also the same excuse the Nazis used against the Jews 80 years ago.
Tell me more of this Muslim race. i have not previously heard of it.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:17 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,996 times
Quote:
It's an historical fact that French and British nationalism and militarism has wreaked havoc on Europe -- and the world -- for the last 150 years.

Fixed that for you.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:19 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Cry me a river.

It's an historical fact that German nationalism and militarism has wreaked havoc on Europe -- and the world -- for the last 150 years.

It's also an historical fact that anti-Semitism and racism was not only a hallmark of the Nazi regime but that millions of Germans supported and participated in the Nazi genocide visited upon Jews, Gypsys, Poles, Russians, and numerous other European peoples.

You condemn the whole culture because of 1933-1945? Are you serious?

Why are you so angry? My grandpa was a German who loved Jewish folks. I have been taught the Jewish folks are the most productive, forgiving, smart human beings. In my own humble opinion, in many ways, Jewish folks are superior. They are truly amazingly forgiving people.

Same with black people. Black people and white people created this beautiful American culture, It is really just history.

You let your emotion taking over and condemn the whole culture. Million of Germans lost their lives during and after war. How the modern Germans be responsible for something happened a long time ago?

I will never tell the Jewish people to "deal with it", and I will never condemn the Germans who want to protect their own cultural identity and heritage. It is not about race, it is about culture.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:20 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Lily, you should read the OP article. It clearly shows this is about racism. See my earlier post. People interviewed didn't want Germany to "turn black."

The Muslim/Islam thing wasn't even mentioned. There are groups of people, albeit small right now who are going around threatening people based on their skin color, verbally harrassing people on the street based on skin color, attacking/beating up people on the street because of their skin color, burning (arson) buildings owned by a white German because he volunteered to use his own property to provide good housing to refugees.

What about all this behavior is "not about racism" It is plainly racism on the part of this growinly vocal minority in Germany and it is similar to the nazis. The Holocaust didn't just all of a sudden happen you know. People got riled up about Jews in a similar fashion - thinking Jews are evil or dirty or seedy, inferior people. Afraid that Jews were destroying racial purity in Germany. They attacked Jews on the street and hurled verbal assaults at them. They blamed their religion for their "evilness."

This is eerily similar occurrences going on and as stated people should learn from their history. I bet if they get a charismatic leader in Germany who espouses these racial ideas, that that leader will get a wide amount of support and that support to those ideologies will grow and grow to the point that something like the Holocaust can happen again.

I'm not insinuating that it will as I believe the majority of Germans in Germany are decent, good people and I feel this article was written and hopefully in Germany more is being broadcast about this vocal, terroristic minority, so that those good decent, majority Germans will be on watch for another movement like Nazi-ism.
Fair enough. Thank you.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:25 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,559,630 times
Why don't they just use robots instead of muslims??

Germans are plain stupid.

They'll come in and wage jihad against Germans.

No good will come out of them.

Everywhere i look in muslim world there are problems.

Turkey, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia...etc.

Everywhere!!!

Old 08-20-2015, 12:39 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Their country is the size of Georgia and they already have plenty of population. Now they are introducing people with no skills except to breed everything in site and produce offspring like rabbits. People who think it's ok to just drop litter anywhere and live like pigs when the Germans are probably the cleanest and most orderly people in the world. You think this is a good idea. Wow, you should try to get a job in the Obama Administration.
The only thing America builds any more is discontent.

Welcome to Germany: Locals Step In to Help Refugees in Need

It would be best if people didn't talk about things they don't understand.

EDIT:
Quote:
Germans are probably the cleanest and most orderly people in the world.
I am a full blood German, born in Houston, TX ---- Thank you.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 08-20-2015 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-20-2015, 02:01 PM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
You condemn the whole culture because of 1933-1945? Are you serious?

Why are you so angry? My grandpa was a German who loved Jewish folks. I have been taught the Jewish folks are the most productive, forgiving, smart human beings. In my own humble opinion, in many ways, Jewish folks are superior. They are truly amazingly forgiving people.

Same with black people. Black people and white people created this beautiful American culture, It is really just history.

You let your emotion taking over and condemn the whole culture. Million of Germans lost their lives during and after war. How the modern Germans be responsible for something happened a long time ago?

I will never tell the Jewish people to "deal with it", and I will never condemn the Germans who want to protect their own cultural identity and heritage. It is not about race, it is about culture.
Exactly. The same thing applies for the U.S. Immigration in controlled and diverse numbers is ok but uncontrolled illegal immigration is not. Every country in the world has a right to ensure that these things do not occur to retain their identifying cultures and languages. It has nothing to do with race but culture.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:50 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Prejudice and assumptions.

The idea(s) behind your statement, that yields callous behavior, one person to another. Or in this case a group of people, where assumptions are made upon their character, because from that group of people are people known to have ill will (ideas) towards others. So prejudice leads to assumptions and assumptions lead to hatred, when all people really need is a kind hand to help them out of a bad situation.
It's neither prejudice nor an assumption that Third World cultures in general, and Islam in particular, are not compatible with Western Civilization.

Quote:
Do unto others as you would have them to do unto you, makes for a better outcome, wouldn't you say?
It would take hundreds of nuclear weapons to do unto Muslims what they have done to other people for the last 1400 years.

Quote:
Germany is opening the door for folks that are caught up in a bad situation and they offer those folks a place of refuge. Makes for a better outcome than if they saw these 'people' and slammed the door in their face, with a malice of forethought.
So it's a crime to say "no" to foreigners moving into your country?

I don't think so.

Quote:
One culture will learn from another culture
They can do that by staying home and reading books, listening to recordings or watching TV. Or maybe coming for a short visit.

Quote:
all the world, their eyes are watching. This time, they're not watching, America.
Who cares? Since when is America or any other country supposed to seek the approval of the rest of the world by becoming a door mat?

Quote:
The Germans are inviting the Africans to their country.
No. The German GOVERNMENT is inviting them in.

Quote:
In the article it spoke of how a building owner in Meissen renovated the building so that the refugees would have a nice place to stay. Some racist people set fire to his building, destroying it and causing the refugees, who were coming anyway, to be homeless upon arrival.
So the German government didn't care what Germans thought, and the Germans sent a message to their leaders.

Quote:
I am not horrified by any immigrant or any refugee moving into my community and if Germans are displaced and need to be resettled elsewhere I'd gladly accept them here in America.
Why should THEY have to move out of their own country?

Quote:
...but those people attacking persons and property in Germany are not having "liberalism" forced upon them.
They're having immigrants they don't want forced on them.

Quote:
Germans are already way more liberal than the left in America.
Let me correct that statement. German leftists and liberals are more liberal than moderate Democrats in America.

Quote:
This is just plain old racism and terrorism from the Germans focused on immigrants, refugees, and those that help them.
Racism has nothing to do with it. Neither does terrorism.

Quote:
All of the countries that you mentioned went out and colonized various parts of the world and have always had diverse populations within their borders.
France and England were not diverse in the way you probably mean.

Quote:
Immigration can and does work in every country.
No, it doesn't. It only worked in America for about 200 years because we had a large country to settle. Those days are over.

Quote:
...they are no different than the "nativist" in our past who shunned and attacked the Irish, Italians, Jews, Polish, Chinese and other persons of differing cultures and backgrounds.
Which argues against your claim that immigration can and does work in every country. Has it never occurred to you that people are naturally nativist and racist?

Quote:
The only disaster that will happen is Germany going more and more back to its horrific "racial cleansing" past. People should learn from their history, especially one so recent.
If another racial cleansing happens, it will only be because racial diversity and multiculturalism were forced on people who didn't want it. The do-gooders will create the very thing they claim to abhor.

Quote:
Lily, you should read the OP article. It clearly shows this is about racism. See my earlier post. People interviewed didn't want Germany to "turn black." The Muslim/Islam thing wasn't even mentioned.
Wrong. Anyone who knows about recent demonstrations by Germans against "Salafists" in Dresden and other cities knows that Islam and Sharia Law are the major reason why Germans are against more immigration. Stop playing the race card. No one cares about it anymore, anyway. It's so overplayed that the term "racist" no longer means anything.

And, by the way, there is nothing wrong with wanting to preserve the ethnic and cultural integrity of your country. Liberals calling that "racist" are the real racists. They can never stop obsessing about race.

Quote:
What nonsense. You obviously know nothing about history.

Quote:
12 years is not 150 years.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-20-2015 at 11:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies