Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 07:45 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times

Advertisements

I am shocked- SHOCKED- to learn there are bigots in Europe!

What will American lefties do now that the cat is out of the bag?

Old 08-21-2015, 07:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by residinghere2007
The Germans are inviting the Africans to their country.

No. The German GOVERNMENT is inviting them in.
Like it or not, the government of Germany represents the people of Germany. The majority of Germans don't have an issue with this and should not be overruled by a vocal, racist minority.
Quote:
Quote:
In the article it spoke of how a building owner in Meissen renovated the building so that the refugees would have a nice place to stay. Some racist people set fire to his building, destroying it and causing the refugees, who were coming anyway, to be homeless upon arrival.
So the German government didn't care what Germans thought, and the Germans sent a message to their leaders.
The man who renovated the building was a German too who had a group of people help him with his efforts. Do you also think that he and the persons that worked to ensure adequate housing for the refugees should be valid in their desire to welcome refugee?

Quote:
Quote:
I am not horrified by any immigrant or any refugee moving into my community and if Germans are displaced and need to be resettled elsewhere I'd gladly accept them here in America.
Why should THEY have to move out of their own country?
Not sure what you are speaking about here. Someone asked me what if the Germans were moving to Africa. I stated, I am not African, nor a citizen of any African nation. I am American and if Germans were war ravaged and needed asylum, I'd gladly welcome them here.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007
...but those people attacking persons and property in Germany are not having "liberalism" forced upon them.

They're having immigrants they don't want forced on them.
The majority of Germans are welcoming the refugees. See Ellis Bell's link above. The German population overwhelmingly is being kind and welcoming to the refugees. There is only a minority racist sect that is having issues and burning down buildings/homes and terrorizing people.
Quote:
Quote:
Germans are already way more liberal than the left in America.
Let me correct that statement. German leftists and liberals are more liberal than moderate Democrats in America.
You basically re-stated what I said. Germans are much more liberal than the left in America.
Quote:
Quote:
This is just plain old racism and terrorism from the Germans focused on immigrants, refugees, and those that help them.
Racism has nothing to do with it. Neither does terrorism.
So burning down people's property and homes and chasing/beating people up on the street based on their skin color or ethnicity is not racism? It is classic racism and this minority in Germany is terrorizing them.

Quote:
Quote:
All of the countries that you mentioned went out and colonized various parts of the world and have always had diverse populations within their borders.

France and England were not diverse in the way you probably mean.
I didn't "probably mean" anything except what I stated. All the countries mentioned have always had diverse populations. France, for decades has allowed immigrants from the "maghreb" section of Africa (northern Africa) of whom were their former colonies. They also allowed various groups from around the world to settle there for the majority of the 20th century and even prior to the 20th century there were people of various backgrounds in France and Germany.

England especially has had a lot of diversity due to the extent of its colonization. It still does in its major cities, as does France and Germany.
Quote:
Quote:
Immigration can and does work in every country.
No, it doesn't. It only worked in America for about 200 years because we had a large country to settle. Those days are over.
That is your personal opinion.

Quote:
Quote:
...they are no different than the "nativist" in our past who shunned and attacked the Irish, Italians, Jews, Polish, Chinese and other persons of differing cultures and backgrounds.
Which argues against your claim that immigration can and does work in every country. Has it never occurred to you that people are naturally nativist and racist?
No one is "naturally a racist" people are taught to hate and fear others via their socialilzation. No one is born a racist.

Quote:
Quote:
The only disaster that will happen is Germany going more and more back to its horrific "racial cleansing" past. People should learn from their history, especially one so recent.
If another racial cleansing happens, it will only be because racial diversity and multiculturalism were forced on people who didn't want it. The do-gooders will create the very thing they claim to abhor.
So you are fine with people being killed by racist and terrorist. Too bad for you.

Everyone has to deal with situations and people they would rather not deal with. That is a part of being human and is actually "natural" in regards to the human experience. You can deal with others by not burning down their house or beating them up on the street.

Quote:
Quote:
Lily, you should read the OP article. It clearly shows this is about racism. See my earlier post. People interviewed didn't want Germany to "turn black." The Muslim/Islam thing wasn't even mentioned.

Wrong. Anyone who knows about recent demonstrations by Germans against "Salafists" in Dresden and other cities knows that Islam and Sharia Law are the major reason why Germans are against more immigration. Stop playing the race card. No one cares about it anymore, anyway. It's so overplayed that the term "racist" no longer means anything.

And, by the way, there is nothing wrong with wanting to preserve the ethnic and cultural integrity of your country. Liberals calling that "racist" are the real racists. They can never stop obsessing about race.
None of that has anything to do with what I stated. As stated, read the article. It had quotes from people who said they don't want refugees because they are trying to "make Germany black." Those are comments based in racism.

Won't comment further with you either as you frequently don't read articles or pay attention to conversation. Plus, I am fine with you and the minority in Germany following racist ideologies. As long as you don't burn down people's property and homes or beat people up on the street or harrass them based on your views, I don't care if you have them. If you do those things, or support others who do those things, then you are a racist and should be monitored or jailed if you commit these acts of crime and aggression against others.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies