Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 10:30 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,762,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This murderer's manifesto says he was inspired by Columbine, Va Tech and Charleston.

He one upped them in that he filmed and posted the murders to social media. In doing so and the subsequent non- stop media attention will likely inspire enraged, emotionally unbalanced people to top this.
Yup, I believe the First Ammendment should be ammended immediately and EVERYONE including Children should pass a background check, 8 hrs of training and a written test before receiving an Internet/SmartPhone/SocialMedia license.

Also all MAC/IP addresses and Cell phone numbers need to be entered into a National Clearinghouse Database. Oh wait NSA I forgot, mybad.

We need to close the SocialMedia Loophole before more people die because of it.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:42 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,489,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I'm trying to figure out how the killer knew the reporter and cameraman would be there. It is extremely unlikely he happened to be driving by with his gun, saw the TV vehicle there, and decided at that moment to shoot them.
Most likely he waited at the TV station for them to arrive in the morning then followed the news van to the scene.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:54 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,410,808 times
He wasnt mental ill , he was a gsy black man that thought he was owed somthing and since he was fired, go hunt down and kill all of them

Old 08-27-2015, 10:55 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,528,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Do you think the first shooter video game technique was easy to do? Who would have thought to make the shooting look like a popular video game. How could they even shoot like that? The raw video from the cell phone show the gun point to the left of the reporter.

This appears to be more of a PSYOP than reality.
Don,

why do you think everything is some conspiracy theory??

real people died, both yesterday and in Sandyhook...yet you try to brush it off as some 'made-up story'

jshid

Last edited by workingclasshero; 08-27-2015 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: you you = yet you

Old 08-27-2015, 10:57 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
For the last two days I've watched the talking heads make solemn pronouncements about the mentally ill while having split screen debates with the no gun pro-gun crowd. Not once has anyone called it for what it really is. Not once has anyone pointed their fingers at the Sharptons and the Jacksons of the world.

Yeah....I bet if you go to the killers apartment you will find images of Al and Jesse all over his wall and his search history will reveal an abnormal degree of searches for "Sharpton" and "J Jackson"........that is TOOOOOOO funny dude. You can't make this stuff up. Life is truly stranger and funnier than fiction.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 08-27-2015 at 11:09 AM..

Old 08-27-2015, 11:34 AM

23,604 posts, read 17,287,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Dude's bonafide nut. The question is how did such a nut get a lethal weapon?
So every gang kiling was done by a nutjob?

this guy was the product of the alsharpton school of hate and racism where they all wore tinfoil hats and saw racism in everyone and every behavior.

This guy had log term plans, escape plans.

The DOJ sent an army of agents to canvass the state to find someone whoever heard george zimmerman utter a banned word so they could prosecute him for a hate crome. This scumbag revealed a need to seek social justice. He may have been a nutcase or just a killer no different from any gang member who kills.

Hate crimes are now political and no longer in the realm of the legal system.

Guns are not he problem, race baiters like sharpton, BLM, hands up don't shoot, the congressional black caucus with their hands up don't shoot demo....all based on lies used to foment unrest and tip the bewilderded and confused into acts of violence.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:45 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,777,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Every time something didn't go his way he screamed racism.
Reminds me of this black guy in college that every time he got a low grade or flunked a test he screamed racism.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,824,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I'm a news-junky and typically find Local News in the area where these killings happen - they often give more insight to the event. I felt then (and fell now) that the entire town of Sandy Hook felt GUILTY because it was no secret at all that Adam Lanza was a VERY disturbed child/boy/man - according to everything I read. They all knew him, and knew his family situation ....... and they did nothing, said nothing. Isn't it a lot easier to BLAME an inanimate Gun, than to accept some responsibility for ignoring the Lanza Family problems? It's human nature to look for somebody/something to "blame" - GUNS are a very handy object, particularly when the Leftists and the President & Media harp on it constantly.

Now in Virginia - a different situation, but some real similarities. The Television Station knowingly hired a man with a very disturbing past record of instability. He couldn't hold a job for more than 2 years, he went from Station to Station and left them with "problems" - he even sued a Station in Florida. Only the Management knows why they thought it was a "good idea" to hire Flanagan in 2012, but I would bet that they have a lot of regret and feelings of guilt about that. The fiancé still works for this Station, I'm sure her Dad was proud of her accomplishments there .... and the entire News Station is a source of strength to them all in this horrible time. It's easier to "blame" the inanimate Gun (same Leftists, President & Media leading the way) than to "blame" the Station or even ask why they would have every hired Flanagan in the first place.

IF the Station was looking for more "diversity" for their on-air talent during an election year, they didn't do a very good job of Vetting the talent they hired. As he said - "I'm a bomb waiting to explode".

Political Correctness was applicable in both situations.
That's silly.

Adam Lanza had no history of prior violence. What would you expect the town of Sandy Hook to do about an odd, anti- social kid that may have been somewhere on the Autism spectrum? Do you think he was the only odd, anti- social kid potentially somewhere on the Autism spectrum, in this town? Autistic children don't trend violent.

There are millions of adult children living in their parent's basements, throughout the U.S. Many live in a fantasy world of violent video games. Should municipalities hunt them down and do something with them? Should they be forced to live in institutions and/ or to take medications just in case?

The person who knew Adam best was his mother who taught him how to shoot and had quite a collection of weapons. Shooting was the common activity they both enjoyed. It's obvious she was not concerned that one day, he might go off. She obviously was in denial about his state and protected him.

As for the most recent situation, job hopping, station to station, is very common in the broadcasting field. There is no shortage of viable candidates for on air positions willing to relocate. Ratings are what matters.
Employers cannot and do not disclose anything beyond confirmation of employment without serious risk of litigation.

Millions of people have long histories of an inability to get along with others at work.
Millions of people have filed claims of discrimination with their employers and EEOC.

A handful might, over time, eventually trend violent as this reporter did.

He was, I believe unemployed the past two years, since being terminated. Plenty of time to blame and plan revenge in a most sensational manner.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:04 PM

27,705 posts, read 16,198,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Now in Virginia - a different situation, but some real similarities. The Television Station knowingly hired a man with a very disturbing past record of instability. He couldn't hold a job for more than 2 years, he went from Station to Station and left them with "problems" - he even sued a Station in Florida. Only the Management knows why they thought it was a "good idea" to hire Flanagan in 2012, but I would bet that they have a lot of regret and feelings of guilt about that. The fiancé still works for this Station, I'm sure her Dad was proud of her accomplishments there .... and the entire News Station is a source of strength to them all in this horrible time. It's easier to "blame" the inanimate Gun (same Leftists, President & Media leading the way) than to "blame" the Station or even ask why they would have every hired Flanagan in the first place.

IF the Station was looking for more "diversity" for their on-air talent during an election year, they didn't do a very good job of Vetting the talent they hired. As he said - "I'm a bomb waiting to explode".

Political Correctness was applicable in both situations.
I posed the question if they hired him to meet a quota.... Of course that post was deleted for multiple unknown reasons.. HOw does a persone with a very questionable resume or references get the job? Perhaps as I asked earlier and/or human resources did an awful job vetting him

Old 08-27-2015, 12:05 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,919,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Dude's bonafide nut. The question is how did such a nut get a lethal weapon?
As someone already said, he pass the NICS background check.

Question 11f:
Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful
authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs)
OR
have you ever been
committed to a mental institution?
(See Instructions for Question 11.f.)

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies