Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Grade him now:
He's a god, and there is no scale for how good he is! (for the cheer leaders) 4 2.37%
A+ (Not a single thing has he done wrong) 4 2.37%
A (most excellent) 8 4.73%
A- (very little to change) 9 5.33%
B+ (very good) 13 7.69%
B (needs to change only few things, but otherwise he's great!) 9 5.33%
B- (way better than GWBush) 10 5.92%
C+ (better than average) 3 1.78%
C (average) 4 2.37%
C- (Meh! ...slightly below average) 2 1.18%
D+ (in Carter territory now) 8 4.73%
D (definately as bad or worse than Carter) 8 4.73%
D- (divisive and narcicisstic - might be the worst ever) 36 21.30%
F (definately the worst ever) 46 27.22%
He's the absolute worst and there is no scale for how bad he is! (for the Neocons) 18 10.65%
Who cares? Both sides give us cronies who only have the best interest of the political class and couldn;t give a crap about us. 15 8.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:01 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Last year I voted F but this year I took him up to a D-.

Through no attribution to his own actions (lest he try to jump on credit as he is well known to do) but rather only to leave room for Wilson and FDR at the bottom with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 09:57 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I am curious to know what specifics have you in such contempt? I am rather sure it's not so "obvious" and I also would like to know what specifics lead to you to your conclusion.
?"
Here's what Merriam Webster has to say...

a feeling that someone or something is not worthy of any respect or approval. : a lack of respect for or fear of something that is usually respected or feared.

That is how I feel about this person. He has made a joke of a once respected office.

Specifics have been laid out by many posters on here. Just keep drinking the KoolAid and let Rome burn while Nero plays the fiddle.

It is my true hope that our country can come together after this scourge is sent off to the sunset at the end of the term.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:23 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You didn't give any examples with your grade other than a few FOX news talking points.
Oh, there it is. Any time a person has their own thoughts a liberal progressive ideologue blames FOX. Please note that I didn't attack you, I only asked politely for some examples so I could actually process your statement within the context of how you meant it.

You, on the other hand, believe that all my thoughts come from some media source... which makes sense coming from a person who's notions obviously do.

Again, you assume to know about me (and others) and continually display just how little you actually do know.

The ASSUMPTION Rule in full effect.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
For the first time in my life I have 100% free health insurance. Obama pushed hard for this and succeeded. In my eyes that makes him a God. George W Bush, on the other hand, gets an F-.
Wait!!! FREE?

You believe all the doctors, nurses, EMS services..etc. are working for free?

Someone is paying for your insurance. If your care is FREE (in your mind) this means you are on some form of Medicaid. Medicaid is the worst form of care, and in many states ranks lower than no care at all.

What's worse, Obama could have expanded Medicaid within a few months. But instead he and his super majority chose to hijack 16% of the economy to write hidden amendments and grease the palms of the insurance and healthcare industries which helped to get him/them elected. Insurance executives are the people who wrote ACA!!! Do you honestly believe they didn't craft the damn thing to steal from tax payers?

HE is an example of the worst kind of political crony.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Wait!!! FREE?

You believe all the doctors, nurses, EMS services..etc. are working for free?

Someone is paying for your insurance. If your care is FREE (in your mind) this means you are on some form of Medicaid. Medicaid is the worst form of care, and in many states ranks lower than no care at all.

What's worse, Obama could have expanded Medicaid within a few months. But instead he and his super majority chose to hijack 16% of the economy to write hidden amendments and grease the palms of the insurance and healthcare industries which helped to get him/them elected. Insurance executives are the people who wrote ACA!!! Do you honestly believe they didn't craft the damn thing to steal from tax payers?

HE is an example of the worst kind of political crony.
First, nobody "hijack[ed] 16% of the economy." Claiming so fall into the meme "A government takeover of health care' which won PolitiFact's Lie of the Year.

Second, there is nothing wrong with providing HC for people who cannot afford it. We, as a nation, subsidize many things for the good of the nation. If one lives in Montana, that has about a million residents, the rest of the country subsidizes the roads. The nation as a whole subsides poor states, sending more aid than they pay in taxes. That's who we are.

Third, you are jumping to conclusions assuming that someone getting free HC insurance is on Medicaid. Because of the ACA, children under 26, who wouldn't have HC, are covered at no additional cost.

I know you are angry because you are a shrill conservative who didn't want HC reform and you lost. Meanwhile, actual numbers show that the ACA has sharply reduced the number of uninsured Americans, especially in blue states that have been willing to expand Medicaid, while costing substantially less than expected. The newly insured are, by and large, pleased with their coverage, and the law has clearly improved access to care.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
First, nobody "hijack[ed] 16% of the economy." Claiming so fall into the meme "A government takeover of health care' which won PolitiFact's Lie of the Year.

Second, there is nothing wrong with providing HC for people who cannot afford it. We, as a nation, subsidize many things for the good of the nation. If one lives in Montana, that has about a million residents, the rest of the country subsidizes the roads. The nation as a whole subsides poor states, sending more aid than they pay in taxes. That's who we are.

Third, you are jumping to conclusions assuming that someone getting free HC insurance is on Medicaid. Because of the ACA, children under 26, who wouldn't have HC, are covered at no additional cost.

I know you are angry because you are a shrill conservative who didn't want HC reform and you lost. Meanwhile, actual numbers show that the ACA has sharply reduced the number of uninsured Americans, especially in blue states that have been willing to expand Medicaid, while costing substantially less than expected. The newly insured are, by and large, pleased with their coverage, and the law has clearly improved access to care.
Shrill conservative?

First, if it's a mandate then it is a takeover. Are we fined if we do not have insurance? Politifact Holy cow! If Politifact says sh%t isn't sh%t you'd believe them.

Second, The entire premise of my response was that ACA was nothing more than an expansion of Medicaid, and it was and is.

Third, children under 26? Adults as old as 26 can stay on their parents PAID plans, which means the parents are still covering them. What about those who's parents do not have plans? Again... Medicaid.

You must be a shrill liberal trying to spin yarn into gold.

Quote:
Oh no, not the 'Democrats controlled Congress' meme again.
The Dems never had 60 Senate seats post-2008. They had between 56 and 58 seats.
Yes they did! When Spector was elected as a Republican, only to then turn Democrat, they had 60 votes. They had their super majority for more than 20 months. This is the ONLY REASON they were able to pass ACA. It was a political sleight of hand, a con, a misdirect. This is why Americans were so pissed off and gave the pubs an historical landslide in 2010.

Please stop changing history as you see fit.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-30-2015 at 05:13 PM..

Old 08-30-2015, 05:43 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
He's not just the worst President, he's the worst excuse for a human being we've ever had as President. But both parties are hopelessly corrupt and controlled and in cahoots so that goes beyond partisan politics.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:40 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Oh no, not the 'Democrats controlled Congress' meme again.

The Dems didn't completely control the Senate. Al Franken was seated nearly eight months after winning his Senate seat. Even if the Senate was controlled by Democrats (e.g. 50 seats), the statement ignores two other facts. a) there were Democrats in the Senate that vote as if they were Republicans. b) Republicans liberally used the filibuster to block legislation.

The Dems never had 60 Senate seats post-2008. They had between 56 and 58 seats. For that very brief period they had 58 seats with consistent support from Bernie Sanders and inconsistent support from Joe Lieberman. The Democrats hardly had 60 Dem seats, and hardly 60 reliable Dem votes. Then in a special election the following January, Scott Brown won Teddy Kennedy’s old seat, and was sworn in on February 4th.

Democrats' 60-vote majority in Senate: So close and yet so far - latimes.com
Sorry, but the Republicans faced the same problem when Bush was president.

And yet everything that happened was "his fault alone."

Old 08-31-2015, 04:43 AM

Quote:
That's actually true. In Obama's two early plans, the ACA and the Stimulus, he modified the plan to take into consideration concerns the Republicans voices only for the ACA to pass without a single Republican vote. The stimulus passed the House 246-183 vote—with no support from Republicans. Senate action followed on a 60-38with three Republican moderates—Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine and Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania—voted for the bill.

Perhaps you forgot McConnell's quote, saying his number one objective was to deny Obama a second term?
Are you kidding?

The Democrats COMPLETELY shut Republicans out of the process of debating and passing the ACA and the Stimulus.

Harry Reid only got the ACA passed by using a parliamentary trick.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:46 AM

Quote:
The Affordable Care Act, which Republicans said would be a disaster, has sharply reduced the number of uninsured Americans, especially in blue states that have been willing to expand Medicaid and the ACA is costing substantially less than predicted. The newly insured are, by and large, pleased with their coverage, and the law has clearly improved access to care.
None of that is true.

Quote:
The economy has added an average of 237,000 private-sector jobs per month and the best since the the Clinton Administration. In fact, Obama's record on unemployment rates is better than Reagan's. Under Obama, unemployment was higher when he took office, and it's now lower than it was at this point under Reagan.
Again, not true.

Quote:
So again, how does this translate to "Obviously, he is the worst president in the history of our country?"
Because, looking beyond the pro-Obama propaganda, he is the worst president -- apart from Lincoln, who tore up the Constitution and created the mess we have today.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-31-2015 at 05:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies