Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Grade him now:
He's a god, and there is no scale for how good he is! (for the cheer leaders) 4 2.37%
A+ (Not a single thing has he done wrong) 4 2.37%
A (most excellent) 8 4.73%
A- (very little to change) 9 5.33%
B+ (very good) 13 7.69%
B (needs to change only few things, but otherwise he's great!) 9 5.33%
B- (way better than GWBush) 10 5.92%
C+ (better than average) 3 1.78%
C (average) 4 2.37%
C- (Meh! ...slightly below average) 2 1.18%
D+ (in Carter territory now) 8 4.73%
D (definately as bad or worse than Carter) 8 4.73%
D- (divisive and narcicisstic - might be the worst ever) 36 21.30%
F (definately the worst ever) 46 27.22%
He's the absolute worst and there is no scale for how bad he is! (for the Neocons) 18 10.65%
Who cares? Both sides give us cronies who only have the best interest of the political class and couldn;t give a crap about us. 15 8.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Thankfully Bush didn't have the significant mindless cult following Obama does. Can you imagine?
For the O-cult, the messiah can do no wrong, and anyone who disagrees is radical/fringe/uneducated etc.

The double standard is amazing...
What was written above is merely a strawman. I can't think of anyone except conservatives who refer to Mr. Obama as "the Messiah," or think he can do no wrong.
Obama doesn't have a cult following. In fact, some of his biggest critics are liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 07:50 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,548,343 times
Obama is a very difficult president to grade. To be sure he is deeply divisive and a bully, but so have other presidents. Unlike Clinton's presidency it has been fairly untainted by scandal. I mean, it has had the usual amount that most 2 term presidents have had. He seems to be both very good and very bad:

Obamacare- worse that awful.
Bengazi Affair- near treasoness
Iran Deal- appeasement at its very worst
unfathomable increase in national debt/deficit
elimination of coal industry with loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs (directly and indirectly)
Arctic drilling for oil from someone who is an avowed environmentalist

On the other hand...

Troops pretty much out of Iraq
Worked hard for an exit strategy in Afghanistan
Recognizing that salaried workers are being abused for unpaid overtime
Trying to curb the blatant use of "independent contractors" as an excuse for businesses to not have to take accountability for employees wages and benefits

I rate him a D+ in the end as setting people against people has been so disgusting to me that I find it unconscionable. He should bring people together and he has made no attempt to do so.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:54 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What was written above is merely a strawman. I can't think of anyone except conservatives who refer to Mr. Obama as "the Messiah," or think he can do no wrong.
Obama doesn't have a cult following. In fact, some of his biggest critics are liberals.
This is incorrect.
He does. Not only is it clearly obvious by looking at approval polls (the greatly approve vs greatly disapprove - two large groups - compare that to W) but they are all over this board, and elsewhere, defending him no matter what. It's all someone else's fault.
Go ask some Republican voters what they think of W. See how many praise him vs saying "no, he wasn't that great." Then do the same for Dems with regard to O. The difference is quite clear.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:11 AM

78 posts, read 101,144 times
I'm very disappointed with Obama. He talked a mean game but he's too weak a leader to live up to his promises. Now the U.S. is in the worst condition I've ever seen it and I sincerely doubt that either Trump, Hillary or Jeb Bush can make things better. I look at the faces of my young grandchildren and feel sad.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamofYoungsville View Post
I'm very disappointed with Obama. He talked a mean game but he's too weak a leader to live up to his promises. Now the U.S. is in the worst condition I've ever seen it and I sincerely doubt that either Trump, Hillary or Jeb Bush can make things better. I look at the faces of my young grandchildren and feel sad.
Do you really think the nation was better in November 2008 than now? What facts do you base that on?

Back then, the economy was in free-fall and we were heavily involved in two wars.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:52 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Exactly.

I also think less people had such fast Internet in 2000 to be complaining or raving about anyone at such an intensity.

I personally give credit where credit is due. Obama's dealing with Romney in the second debates by taking the high road when Romney mispoke, and Romney's eyebrows going up giving the look of a psychopath that I've only seen in the prison populations that i work with was epic IMHO. I hope that historians keep that alive for years to come, much like the Kennedy Nixon debate. Unfortunately, most historians probably don't know that look.

At the same time, Obama's "taking the high road" by not getting a single payer option, giving so many concessions to the Republicans, etc, has been a great downfall of his. He's an idealist who lacks DC street smarts.

I rarely biitch about Bush, but now that you mention it, how are we better off after his presidency? Those 2 wars we didn't need? The one time $300 "tax refund" that went in the bank?

Old 09-01-2015, 07:02 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamofYoungsville View Post
The worst conditions you've ever seen it? We're you born after 2008?

There are many more Obama haters and most say unfounded and unfactual BS like this. Perhaps that is why some *think* they see "Obama cheerleeders" because for every ~5 emotional "Obama bashing" posts not based in reality, ~1 person jumps in with *gasp* factual info!!

So the 5:1 "hate to love" ratio that this poll reflects is very real. It speaks to the haters' mentality that you can't even accept the facts *literally in front of your face* and still think there are more pro-Obama than anti-Obama posts here.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:50 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Not like it's going to help by trying to reason with O-cult members... but I would suspect viewpoints about how well the country is doing - or not doing - is about a lot more than just the unemployment rate.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:04 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h
It has been almost 2 years to the day that I posted the same question and poll here
Yes and the only RIGHT OPTION in your poll is in the lead on that thread (And this one I might add)

Old 09-02-2015, 12:10 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,901,614 times
D+.

Positives:
Normalization of Cuba relations
Osama bin Laden dead
Lgbt rights
Oil and gas industry strong
Environmental protection
Obamacare

Negatives:
Polarization of politics and class
Economy as a whole has been rather stagnant
Iran
Obamacare

Overview:
Most of his positives likely would have happened regardless of who is president. Overall one of the worst presidents with a few highlights. But then again, it could have been worse under Biden!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies