Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
She should ask him why she is paying a price for rules of the CHURCH......
She isn't. She is paying the price for refusal to do her job and contempt of court for refusing to follow the judges orders.

Her church has nothing to do with her job as a government official. If she can't separate the two she should resign.

Last edited by jjrose; 09-08-2015 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 09:47 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:

Try and try real hard......read who I was addressing. I don't need you to explain anything, when you type before you read.

Didn't think so..........

I haven't claimed Mrs. Davis is innocent or being persecuted.....my comment is more about bakeries, pizza places and flower shops........Seems only Christians have these talents.

No, anyone can have those talents. However when someone opens up a business certain laws need to be followed. Anti-discrimination laws are part of it, certain individuals seem like they want to have the benefits of opening a business. without following rules and laws business's must follow. If it is against your religious beliefs to follow certain rules and laws, don't open a business in which you need to follow those laws, pretty simple

Old 09-08-2015, 09:51 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Are Christians really persecuted here in the USA?

No, but they are frequently held to a different standard than others.

For instance, if an entertainer, musician, or sports figures is vocal about his or her Christian beliefs, people outside the Bible Belt will roll their eyes and possibly ridicule the individual.

Were that same person to speak enthusiastically about his or her beliefs in Buddhism, Shamanism, Native American spiritual beliefs, New Age or something equally 'exotic', those same people would applaud.

Carlos Santana never shuts up about his mystical beliefs during his gigs and the audience sits there doe-eyed and claps. Were Carlos discussing being Born Again and his love of Christ, I cannot believe the response would be as positive.

We Americans are enthralled with mythology and mysticism so long as it has nothing to do with Jesus.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:33 AM

174 posts, read 124,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

For instance, if an entertainer, musician, or sports figures is vocal about his or her Christian beliefs, people outside the Bible Belt will roll their eyes and possibly ridicule the individual.

Were that same person to speak enthusiastically about his or her beliefs in Buddhism, Shamanism, Native American spiritual beliefs, New Age or something equally 'exotic', those same people would applaud.

Carlos Santana never shuts up about his mystical beliefs during his gigs and the audience sits there doe-eyed and claps. Were Carlos discussing being Born Again and his love of Christ, I cannot believe the response would be as positive.

We Americans are enthralled with mythology and mysticism so long as it has nothing to do with Jesus.
No they don't. They probably just wait for the next song. I'm not sure what Santana does, but most people - religious and nonreligious - don't mind or even take in spirituality. My guess is he leans toward that stuff. Buddhism isn't dogmatic btw.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:35 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Christians feel like they're being persecuted...isn't that good enough for you libs?

Old 09-08-2015, 10:35 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Religious people are always griping about how every one against them because they hold the one true faith. Morons.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:36 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

I saw Santana in the 90s, I don't recall him talking about his religion at all. If he did I missed it. I was there to hear him play guitar.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:13 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times
Quote:

Try and try real hard......read who I was addressing. I don't need you to explain anything, when you type before you read.

Didn't think so..........

I haven't claimed Mrs. Davis is innocent or being persecuted.....my comment is more about bakeries, pizza places and flower shops........Seems only Christians have these talents.

She isn't paying a price for rules of the church. She is paying the price of not doing her job after being told to do it or risk jail time. She chose jail time.

I think it is ironic when you ask the other poster about "proof" it was Christians. For one thing, the poster never said it was Christians, just said that her house was vandalized or whatever. Let me turn the tables on you here. Where is your "proof" that Bigfoot isn't real? Where is your "proof" that God is real? Where is your "proof" that I am not a computer? See how silly that question is now?

Old 09-08-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorhead1977 View Post
No they don't. They probably just wait for the next song. I'm not sure what Santana does, but most people - religious and nonreligious - don't mind or even take in spirituality. My guess is he leans toward that stuff. Buddhism isn't dogmatic btw.

Buddhism is like Surfing. People love the look and ambience of it.

But actually doing it? Nope.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I saw Santana in the 90s, I don't recall him talking about his religion at all. If he did I missed it. I was there to hear him play guitar.
Put the bong down next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies