Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 09:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

T
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
Biggest winners (not necessarily my favorites but who I think will gain the most in the polls):

Carly
Rand
Rubio

Biggest losers:

Walker
Huckabee
Cruz
Seems to me Christie will poll better, too.

The winners will likely shave some points off Carson and Trump.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 09-16-2015 at 10:04 PM..

Old 09-16-2015, 09:57 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times
Carly's mega war monger comments did not help her one bit sorry

Old 09-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yep, and I share it with over 60% of the nation that says she is not a trustworthy person. In other words an outright liar.
You have a right to believe a poll that only surveyed 1,560 people skewing them Southern, Conservative and older than the population at large.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:08 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Ana Navarro was her typical biotchy, biased self with her post-debate swipe at Trump: Even when he tries to be nice, his real self comes out.

This dame is a one-trick pony whose only concern is to defend illegal immigration, and has no business interviewing presidential candidates. But then, again, this is CNN.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:09 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Trump was at the advantage from the get go with how the debate was setup, obviously most questions would be directed at him, so he easily had the most air time. That said his performance wasn't really that great, but I don't know if it will effect his polling or not. Carson made a good statement on vaccinations and had a chance to really hit Trump, but didn't take advantage of it and I'm not sure if that was wise or not. Trump ended up sounding just as smart as Carson when it comes to vaccinations, but Carson did all the work, and he is clearly the smarter man. To me that was Carsons only highlight and I don't think he's presidential material at all. I was most impressed with Rubio, Rand, and Kasich. I don't think Kasich got as much out of the debate, but he had good answers. Rubio had great answers and I think did a good job captivating the audience. On the other end, I think Carson, Trump, Cruz, and Huckabee have peaked. In fact I could see Carson fizzling out fairly soon along with Huckabee. Carson has no energy or motivation, I get incredibly bored just listening to him. I don't think Rand is mainstream enough to gather enough support to win the nomination, but he is a logical thinker and good to have in the race and debate. Fiornia is a smoother talker, but she comes off as pretty fake, and I didn't really like her personality, but as far as the debating went she did pretty good and I think she will go up in the polls. I think Rubio was the clear winner and I could see him getting the nomination, and if not the nomination then VP.

Winners:
Rand
Fiornia
Rubio

Middle:
Trump
Kasich
Christie
Bush

Everyone else did fairly poor in my opinion. Cruz and Huckabee both are not good candidates and they really showed it tonight. Most of the other guys aren't even worth discussing.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:09 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I rated her in the "top 3" because I thought her war stance, coupled with her practiced performance and assertiveness, appealed to the target audience.
I'll be very happy if I'm wrong, and it's gratifying to see that many posters here found her irritating.

Overall though, she seemed to be the most prepared of all the candidates.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
I didnt have a problem with anything she said when it came to Iran, except the opening more bases around the world part.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:16 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Rand Paul actually talked about talking to people and not bombing them. That is what he NEEDS to do to win: STOP TRYING TO SOUND LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND JUST SOUND LIKE HIS FATHER. Maybe he can win-back a lot of people (like me) who have all but given up on him. If he can get half the Ron Paul crowd and energy, with this crowded a field, he can win.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:17 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
True, also she might as well be the president of Israel.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:18 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Rand Paul actually talked about talking to people and not bombing them. That is what he NEEDS to do to win: STOP TRYING TO SOUND LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND JUST SOUND LIKE HIS FATHER. Maybe he can win-back a lot of people (like me) who have all but given up on him. If he can get half the Ron Paul crowd and energy, with this crowded a field, he can win.
I totally agree with this. Totally. He is clearly the winner of tonight's debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies