Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 05:56 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

Now, in response to the many who 'will never have their gun ripped from their cold dead hands", I will say what I think should happen, and hope that some day in the near future , it does.

First off, the 2nd amendment needs to either be completely repealed, or re-written to encompass the world we live in today.

Second ,and important, ALL guns removed from this country by the military.
Third, and perhaps the most important for all this to work is, enforcement.
All gun manufacture to cease.
No importing of guns of any kind into the country.

Enforcement of the new laws would be a federal government responsibility, and penalties for not conforming to the law would be extremely stiff.
Once the law is put into effect, any one, and that includes criminals, found in possession of a firearm, would get an automatic 10 year jail sentence, and if a firearm was used in the commission of a crime, an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole, regardless if any one were shot.
Stiff penalties would deter most from ever thinking of having a gun.
The old argument of, "if you take away our guns, only the criminals will have them" would be null and void.

The action would remove the threat of anyone taking a gun from a parent's bedroom, or gun locker, and using it for mass murder, because there would be no gun to take.
Again, stiff jail time is the key.

I believe we are at a point in this country where government (because the people won't) must step up and address this gun issue with all the seriousness it dictates.
To many are dying needlessly because of the easy availability of guns.
Make it an impossibility to own one, and many lives will be spared.

As I stated in another thread, if you gun folks think you need protection in your home from some unknown invader, get yourself a well trained German Shepherd. Only a complete fool would go up against one.
Ask me how I know.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 05:58 PM

77 posts, read 74,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again i will post this to show that you are wrong;

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"
Yep...I am familiar with the term "well-regulated."

As well as the word that comes AFTER that compound adverb.

"Militia.

Like I said in my OP.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 PM

251 posts, read 311,706 times
CALGUY is one of the few who gets it.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:02 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Another deceptive lawless case for changing the interpretation of the second amendment rather than repealing it.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:03 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
The op is no conservative and the 2nd amendment is quite clear in its wording and original intent if one isn't intellectually lazy. Pretty good troll though.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Now, in response to the many who 'will never have their gun ripped from their cold dead hands", I will say what I think should happen, and hope that some day in the near future , it does.

First off, the 2nd amendment needs to either be completely repealed, or re-written to encompass the world we live in today.

Enforcement of the new laws would be a federal government responsibility, and penalties for not conforming to the law would be extremely stiff.
Once the law is put into effect, any one, and that includes criminals, found in possession of a firearm, would get an automatic 10 year jail sentence, and if a firearm was used in the commission of a crime, an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole, regardless if any one were shot.
The old argument of, "if you take away our guns, only the criminals will have them" would be null and void.

The action would remove the threat of anyone taking a gun from a parent's bedroom, or gun locker, and using it for mass murder, because there would be no gun to take.

I believe we are at a point in this country where government (because the people won't) must step up and address this gun issue with all the seriousness it dictates.

As I stated in another thread, if you gun folks think you need protection in your home from some unknown invader, get yourself a well trained German Shepherd. Only a complete fool would go up against one.
Ask me how I know.

Bob.
get a dog for protection? is that you best response? get real, dogs can be put down quickly and easily, and then what do you have? nothing. and if you think criminals are going to care about what the human society would say, trust me they wont care one whit.

your absolute anti gun stance is rubbish at this point, you want bigger government control over the populace at large, but sorry, i wont drive a little grey sedan, and live in a little grey apartment, and east what ever boring foods the government has approved, just because you are scared of the evil gun.

you might run away screaming like a little girl, and crapping your panties, at the sight of a gun, or a big dog, but i wont. dont try to lay your fears on others.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:

As I stated in another thread, if you gun folks think you need protection in your home from some unknown invader, get yourself a well trained German Shepherd.
Prominent yoga teacher fatally shot on Old Railroad Grade Trail near Fairfax | abc7news.com

Old 10-09-2015, 06:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
so much for the big dog and no gun.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:12 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:

Ask me how I know.

Bob.
Never happen.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:20 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:

I don't think you've thought this through.
Are you willing to accept the bloodbath that would
result in an attempt at confiscation to save a few lives?
If you wanna save lives, bring back the 55MPH speed limit.
Anyone for that?

If you could round em all up, a black market would spring
up almost immediately; out of work gunsmiths would begin
production. Do you think they're hard to make?
We have better tools now than when they made a
pretty fine pistol in 1911.

We do such a great job keeping drugs out of the country,
I'm sure no weapons could get in. You believe that?

Anyway, the Second Amendment will never be repealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies