Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison
Yes One Year 6 5.08%
Yes Five Years 10 8.47%
Yes Ten or More years 66 55.93%
No Prison 10 8.47%
No Prison. He already spent his time in hell. 11 9.32%
No Prison He's a hero. 5 4.24%
other 9 7.63%
not sure 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 12:42 PM

39,256 posts, read 27,655,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
To those who constantly defend him (and you know who you are) he has morphed from misunderstood to an actual hero for wanting to narc on his superiors. Never mind that this is never stated by him. Just leave it to the deniers who have no actual information, just made up hearsay statements from dubious sources.

Heads in the sand is the nice way to describe these people of no knowledge.
agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 02:02 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Recommendations have gone to U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, NC.:

"Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl’s lead defense counsel, said that an Army lawyer, Lt. Col. Mark A. Visger, submitted his recommendations to U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Monday afternoon.
Gen. Robert B. Abrams will decide whether the Army court-martials Bergdahl. He is commanding general of Forces Command and has been named the convening authority for the case."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...p-lawyer-says/

Old 10-06-2015, 02:14 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,916,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Recommendations have gone to U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, NC.:

"Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl’s lead defense counsel, said that an Army lawyer, Lt. Col. Mark A. Visger, submitted his recommendations to U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Monday afternoon.
Gen. Robert B. Abrams will decide whether the Army court-martials Bergdahl. He is commanding general of Forces Command and has been named the convening authority for the case."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...p-lawyer-says/
My guess is that the proud general will turn out to an obama puppet, a gutless wonder who will let the traitor and deserter go free because he can't or won't stand up to the head traitor who gives the orders.
Another example of how obama haw ruined this country..

Old 10-06-2015, 02:34 PM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Hopefully what is done follows the law of the military...not what people think....

Old 10-06-2015, 04:27 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,565,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Quote:
The platoon was far from having sterling performance records

So this indicates that they are lying?

Quote:

Everything I've ever read mentions the continuing leadership problems the
platoon suffered, and how low the morale was.

No matter what any of us thinks, the Army has the final say in the
matter.

Since none of us know a thing about what is happening in the proceedings, and
since it won't be long before and announcement will be forthcoming, why don't we
all put our pre-judgements, prejudices one way or the other, and assumptions
aside until all of us know the tribunal's decision?

I think this discussion has generated into a scene in Monte Python's Holy
Grail, where opposing sides fart in each other's general direction. No one is
going to apologize, and all that's happening is the topic is getting all stunk
up.

Your first statement in this post is irrelevant to the actions this individual took. He deserted.

As for the rest of your statement, I can agree that we have to wait for the proceedings to finish and be made public. There are some in this thread who, without knowledge of the proceeding but just unofficial quotes, are demanding that Bergdahl be freed.

Never mind that in the past someone who acted as Bergdahl have either been shot, hung, or permanently imprisoned. But the military court will make the final decision.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
My guess is that the proud general will turn out to an obama puppet, a gutless wonder who will let the traitor and deserter go free because he can't or won't stand up to the head traitor who gives the orders.
Another example of how obama haw ruined this country..
You got that one right.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:03 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hopefully what is done follows the law of the military...not what people think....
Well said and something we can all agree on.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:50 PM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So, as a non-military person (you goodnight), will agree that if it comes down to it, that it does not matter what has happened to him, but what he did to get into that situation?

Also, if they say, he does not deserve anything.....it will SUCK for me, but as a military person, I'll accept what happens....

Old 10-07-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yet you continue to advocate for only the solution which you desire. Out of ignorance or just plain dislike of the military does not matter.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:58 AM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, as a non-military person (you goodnight), will agree that if it comes down to it, that it does not matter what has happened to him, but what he did to get into that situation?

Also, if they say, he does not deserve anything.....it will SUCK for me, but as a military person, I'll accept what happens....

Whether I am military or non-military doesn't matter, the issue is fairness and you have already heard my opinion. By the way I am a Vietnam Veteran, infantry served 2 years but that doesn't matter.
For what it's worth we also had deserters but none walked into enemy territory without a rifle, they deserted on R&R in places like Hawaii or Australia and they did not spend 5 years in enemy hands.

I await the outcome of the military trial and look forward to a reasonable and fair judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies