Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 08:21 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,833,482 times

Advertisements

And then there are different ways to survey marijuana consumption;
-------------
The increase in marijuana use Hasin et al. report, which is based on the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (NESARC), is much more dramatic than the increase seen in the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) during the same period. According to the latter survey, the prevalence of past-year marijuana use among Americans 18 or older rose from 10.5% in 2002 to 12% in 2012. Furthermore, the NSDUH found no increase in the prevalence of “marijuana use disorders,” which according to the NESARC numbers rose from 1.5% to 2.9%. Hasin et al. say “the explanation of these different findings is not clear.”

Forbes Welcome

Old 10-23-2015, 08:22 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,281,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Yes and no. Kinda like alcohol here: I drink 2 or 3 beers and can cop a buzz but, I AVOID the drinking same amount of liquor when dealing with higher proof booze. Beer: old school pot. Hard liquor: 2015 pot.
Well you have the discretion to know that and partake accordingly, just as those that know the or tolerance with cannabis. THC is THC, that doesn't change, the potency does, so maybe one hit and quit, don't smoke a while bowl. High potency strains have been available for a long, long time, but sure, there are some strains out there that are high test... So less is more, consume less to get the desired effect.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,995,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Has there been a 100% increase in alcohol abuse in past 10 years?

No, there has not.
From where I come from there is.....many are dying also from alcohol abuse. I have lost a few friends in the last 10 yrs to alcohol nobody from smoking weed. I am against MJ being available to children and I feel adults are very irresponsible smoking MJ around their kids.

I wonder if the 30% had disorders to begin with?

Old 10-23-2015, 09:06 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,109,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Stronger means you don't consume as much to reach the desired effect, it hasn't changed the compounds.
Want me to start posting quotes for the zillion of so doper sites that talk about getting high... they might not agree with you... smoke until you drop mentality and then smoke some more

A juicy tidbit from
"Stuff Stoners Like" Website

Stoners like Hotboxing-
where one closes up the room or container that they are in and smoke their brains out literally.. where O2 is replaced by THC smoke (now that has to be good for your brain...not)

Stoners like Cheating-
the website speaks extensively on how to cheat on pee tests... especially when driving high

Stoners like road trips
" You smoke a bowl and all of a sudden traffic becomes tolerable…**** it becomes the perfect opportunity to brush up on phonetics as you try and decipher all those obnoxious vanity plates. All of a sudden a flat tire becomes an adventurous adventure and that hit-and-run becomes the story you always tell at every party and always seems to start off with the phrase “This one time, I was soooo stoned…”.

Stoners like to talk about being stoned
“Oh, ya…this one time me and Dude were all on the freeway, man, and I was sooo high. Yep, so, uhm, this cop like pulls us over, man and he, uhm…uh…asked me how fast I was going, ya know, man. And, get this…I said, 55 miles an hour? And the cop said, uh…no. So, I was all like…man, like…65 miles an hour? And that ****in’ cop is like all, uhm…no. So, I said…like, dude, man…I couldn’t have been going 75 miles an hour? And, you know what that ****in’ cop said to me, man? Five! And, he’s all holding up his hand like this, dude…like this…and he puts his hand all up in my face and says…five miles an hour! And, then I guess he smelled the WEED all up on my breathe and well, uhm…arrested me and stuff.”

From the website "Stoner things"
Born in a research lab

spiz-Synthetic cannabis is a recreational drug born in the laboratory. It is designed to mimic the chemical structure and effects of real weed, but it’s cheaper, easier to get in many places, and doesn’t trigger positive results on drug tests. (well now thats a nice thing to promote)

In the ever present desire to get higher,faster, easier and cheaper they post the how to for honey oil or in this case "shatter weed" ( How about shatters your brain weed)

Shatter hash and similar concentrates are growing in popularity and are actually becoming one of the fastest-growing areas of the marijuana industry, especially in Colorado. Despite this, there’s still a lot of controversy surrounding shatter concentrate. Why? Because it’s dangerous to produce, and is a very potent way to ingest THC. (90 percent thc good for you... yea right)

You might be a responsible person that likes to get high ..stay home.. not bother anyone.. but for the vast majority of marijuana users it appears they exhibit stupidity .. the first one is being stoned in a public place

Old 10-23-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Want me to start posting quotes for the zillion of so doper sites that talk about getting high... they might not agree with you... smoke until you drop mentality and then smoke some more

A juicy tidbit from
"Stuff Stoners Like" Website

Stoners like Hotboxing-
where one closes up the room or container that they are in and smoke their brains out literally.. where O2 is replaced by THC smoke (now that has to be good for your brain...not)

Stoners like Cheating-
the website speaks extensively on how to cheat on pee tests... especially when driving high

Stoners like road trips
" You smoke a bowl and all of a sudden traffic becomes tolerable…**** it becomes the perfect opportunity to brush up on phonetics as you try and decipher all those obnoxious vanity plates. All of a sudden a flat tire becomes an adventurous adventure and that hit-and-run becomes the story you always tell at every party and always seems to start off with the phrase “This one time, I was soooo stoned…”.

Stoners like to talk about being stoned
“Oh, ya…this one time me and Dude were all on the freeway, man, and I was sooo high. Yep, so, uhm, this cop like pulls us over, man and he, uhm…uh…asked me how fast I was going, ya know, man. And, get this…I said, 55 miles an hour? And the cop said, uh…no. So, I was all like…man, like…65 miles an hour? And that ****in’ cop is like all, uhm…no. So, I said…like, dude, man…I couldn’t have been going 75 miles an hour? And, you know what that ****in’ cop said to me, man? Five! And, he’s all holding up his hand like this, dude…like this…and he puts his hand all up in my face and says…five miles an hour! And, then I guess he smelled the WEED all up on my breathe and well, uhm…arrested me and stuff.”

From the website "Stoner things"
Born in a research lab

spiz-Synthetic cannabis is a recreational drug born in the laboratory. It is designed to mimic the chemical structure and effects of real weed, but it’s cheaper, easier to get in many places, and doesn’t trigger positive results on drug tests. (well now thats a nice thing to promote)

In the ever present desire to get higher,faster, easier and cheaper they post the how to for honey oil or in this case "shatter weed" ( How about shatters your brain weed)

Shatter hash and similar concentrates are growing in popularity and are actually becoming one of the fastest-growing areas of the marijuana industry, especially in Colorado. Despite this, there’s still a lot of controversy surrounding shatter concentrate. Why? Because it’s dangerous to produce, and is a very potent way to ingest THC. (90 percent thc good for you... yea right)

You might be a responsible person that likes to get high ..stay home.. not bother anyone.. but for the vast majority of marijuana users it appears they exhibit stupidity .. the first one is being stoned in a public place
That stoner...types....talks....just like...you!lol

Hotboxing was never appealing as 1) it was only something silly kids were doing, 2) didn't want to reek of cannabis and feel like I had to burn my cloths.

Everything you posted from your source sounds like immature kids being immature kids. Like cut scenes from dazed and Confused.

I don't, nor has ANYONE here, condoned kids consuming cannabis, with the exceptions where medical cannabis helps a condition.

I only partake when I am going through chemo treatments. Staying put is really my only option. At this point in life, I am happy to sometimes have an excuse to not leave the house, get some solid couch time in and get caught up on documentaries or films I have been wanting to see. It's a nice reprieve from the work week.

When I was much younger, we use to get stoned and go on HUGE bike rides through the mountains, camp, hike, take in nature and all of her glory. Good cannabis was only enhanced these experiences and brought me closer to my surroundings, to nature, and to all that I had to be grateful for. Deep talks, philosophical conversations about theory, the world, people, politics, religions were all part of the hang out afterwards. Sharing in our common experience. I don't expect you to understand, but I know there are folks that can agree, for some, cannabis simply enhances things that are already good. What's so wrong about feeling great? It opens yourself up to yourself, it can be a great communal experience and presents many things in a new light that you might not have otherwise thought of. You say it slows/stops the brain, I say it enhances it. You'll never know because you can't think outside of your indoctrinated narrative.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:34 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,109,327 times
Im all for monsanto and phizer getting you your "medicine".. cant happen soon enough for me

But there's that pesky ten year fda study,,,
and darn.. local controls

Which here in California are expanding by the week

Colorado said no.. 70 percent of the cities and counties.. said no.. or severely restricted same

And the supremes have already upheld local right of government to control

Which is why granny twelve plant passed
and soon BHO restrictions

It will take twenty years for it to all flash..opps.. flesh out... by then there will be millions of stoners and lots of brains ..lungs.. and hearts to dissect... I think you'll find its not all you think it is and there will be some nasty surprises waiting at the end of the pot rainbow

Your government wants you as medicated as possible.. compliant subjects ....

Old 10-23-2015, 09:42 PM

32,328 posts, read 15,272,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I hate to say it but.......I told you so.

Thank you pot-lobby.

One in three users are showing signs of dependence or abuse

And then they celebrate by saying ""The prevalence of marijuana use disorder among marijuana users decreased significantly from 2001-2013," from 35.6 percent of users to 30.6."

Lets get this straight: 10 years ago you had 1000 users, 350 of then had marijuana related disorders, and today you have 2000 users and 600 people with disorders, and that's somehow a good thing? Number of people with disorders nearly doubled.

U.S. Study: Marijuana use doubled in last 10 years - CNN.com

Marijuana study: Number of Americans toking up doubles in 10 years

A heck of a lot more Americans were toking up in 2012-13 than 10 years before -- and not for medical reasons, either -- according to a new study.
The percentage of American adults who had used marijuana within the last year was 9.5%, the study found. That compared to 4.1% in 2001-02.

With the increase in use has come an increase in the total number of what the study called "marijuana use disorders."
Honestly, alcohol is more harmful. At least pot has medicinal purposes, drinking has none.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:42 PM

“The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
― Sebastian Marincolo

Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Im all for monsanto and phizer getting you your "medicine".. cant happen soon enough for me

Colorado said no.. 70 percent of the cities and counties.. said no.. or severely restricted same

It will take twenty years for it to all flash..opps.. flesh out... by then there will be millions of stoners and lots of brains ..lungs.. and hearts to dissect... I think you'll find its not all you think it is and there will be some nasty surprises waiting at the end of the pot rainbow

If the government wanted people as medicated as possible, then why the fight about cannabis? The government and big pharma have already done enough damage with highly addictive, DEADLY rx drugs.

Why would you, a self proclaimed naturalist/vegan be for Monsanto or pfizer getting there hands on what grows naturally out of the earth?

You keep claiming studies need to be had, well guess what, there has been LOADS of studies done, not just in the USA but all over the WORLD.

» Marijuana Backed By More Studies Than Most FDA Approved Pharma Drugs Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Quote:
Marijuana and its use has been studied over the course of the last few decades more so than even many leading FDA-approved pharmaceutical drugs, with researchers categorizing the effects of marijuana to a much greater degree than many of the pharmaceutical drugs you or your family may currently be taking.

In a revelation that really demonstrates our scientific focus in the United States, where marijuana is still considered by federal law to be a dangerous and illegal substance placed in the same class as hard drugs like heroin, even mainstream media publications have begun calling out the strange doctrine of the medical community that pushes pharma drugs on the public at warp speed. This, all while scoffing at the use of ‘no high’ marijuana alternatives like the juicing of cannabis oil.

A quick search within the PubMed National Library of Medicine database for ‘marijuana’ turns up a host of studies, highlighting every aspect imaginable regarding the plant in its many forms. Some advocacy websites have even compiled hundreds of studies in an easy-to-read format surrounding marijuana, which has led numerous journalists to ask the obvious question: “why are we spending so much time researching an illegal drug for its numerous benefits while stamping side-effect-riddled drugs with the FDA stamp of approval with far less research?”
I am ALL FOR a regulated system. I am ALL FOR protocol to be in place. I AM NOT, NOR HAVE EVER supported a wild west approach. How about a COMMON SENSE approach?

Some people continue to dig in their heels and come off even nuttier, just great.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:50 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,775,593 times
Quote:

millions of people were smoking pot way before it became legal in a few states. according to you their should be thousands of bodies piling up by now!!! prohibitionist are such fear mongers..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies