Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2015, 06:30 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,259,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Number of users is up 100% and 30% of them have issues because of it. In the past we heard the pro-drug crowd swear up and down legalization would not increase usage, and that using it is 100% harmless.

Both claims couldn't have been more wrong.

And yet some still listen and believe the same people.
You are attacking a way for stoners to alter their minds.

Of course they are going to attack you.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:50 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,110,234 times
Quote:
Number of users is up 100% and 30% of them have issues because of it. In the past we heard the pro-drug crowd swear up and down legalization would not increase usage, and that using it is 100% harmless.

Both claims couldn't have been more wrong.

And yet some still listen and believe the same people.
I guess when MJ was made legal in Colorado, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, and DC, the majority buying were first time users.

You act as if everyone who smokes weed goes through an ounce every night.

I'm curious. Do you drink? Beer? Wine? Liquor? Are you aware of the health issues related to alcohol?

Old 10-25-2015, 02:25 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,135,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You are attacking a way for stoners to alter their minds.

Of course they are going to attack you.
Fail. You know USE is not ABUSE. One friend I know that smoked is a responsible married man who makes 90,000 a year in the tech/advertising industry. One family member is married with a family and makes 80,000 in the construction industry. The other friend that smokes just finished his education with a degree in engineering and recently got hired making 60,000 a year and the salary will only go up from there.

STOP LYING. YOU ARE MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:10 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,300,941 times
I continue to be mystified at the stupidity of those who continue to bash the use of marijuana as if it's destroying the country or those smoking it.

I won't sit here and say that it's not possible to have negative effects from marijuana. But IMO, no more so than someone who is lactose intolerant. Forgetting the synthetic flase weed, marijuana is a natural herb, and just because it has an effect on the mind whereas other herbs doesn't, does not make it something that the government and special interest groups should attack.

I'll say it again. The two absolute worst killers for something that can be purchased over the counter legally, alcohol and cigarettes, although being stifled a bit (cigarette smoking in public) are still legal. Proven killers, over and over again. That girl who plowed through the crowd in Oklahoma State wasn't high, she was drunk, as are most horrible accidents with people under the influence of something. The death rate from cancer from cigarette smoking has always been alarmingly high.

Yet, too many resources and too much effort being spent trying to stop marijuana.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:55 PM

22,678 posts, read 24,663,689 times
I suspect lots of new pot-users go into it with expectations that their new drug is not addictive and can do little if any harm.

YEAH, with just about anything.....with the good, also comes the bad.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 PM

35,770 posts, read 21,139,250 times
Think the congress should investigate by testing this out themselves--

Old 10-25-2015, 05:45 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,702,449 times
If all these so-called knowledgeable people put half as much effort into alcohol abuse and addiction instead of attacking a harmless plant that never killed anyone this would be a better place to live.

Check out this link especially Cannabis deaths "0". Notice deaths caused by alcohol. Then look at deaths by prescription medications.

Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts

Old 10-25-2015, 06:06 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,998,515 times
Quote:
It is up 100% in the past 10 years, which is when legalization has been taking place. Are you having a hard time with this?
Consumption of everything on the planet is increasing. Consider coffee alone: Global Coffee Intake Projected to Rise in Next Five Years Sugar consumption is always increasing; prescription drugs are out of sight.

I'm not understanding the point of consumption stats. Maybe stick to risk stats?

Old 10-25-2015, 06:10 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,998,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I won't sit here and say that it's not possible to have negative effects from marijuana. But IMO, no more so than someone who is lactose intolerant. Forgetting the synthetic flase weed, marijuana is a natural herb, and just because it has an effect on the mind whereas other herbs doesn't, does not make it something that the government and special interest groups should attack.
Actually that's not true. A number of herbs, notably St John's Wort, have an effect on the mind for millions who use it for depression. There are some adverse effects with every herb; doesn't mean that any should be banned unless proved lethal.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:17 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,300,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Actually that's not true. A number of herbs, notably St John's Wort, have an effect on the mind for millions who use it for depression. There are some adverse effects with every herb; doesn't mean that any should be banned unless proved lethal.
I guess I didn't research enough

But to all the detractors of marijuana, I have yet to date to hear anything even resembling common sense for reasoning why so much money and effort is being put into attacking it. None whatsoever.

I don't give a crap if someone thinks all high and mighty and points a finger because they don't toke. I bet more than 50% of those on the attack are some of the biggest hypocrites on earth, smoking cigarettes and drinking. Now of course all of those drinkers NEVER go out and drive and ALWAYS have a designated driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies