Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 09:51 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
They changed their own rules to fit their anti-black mentality. Really and truly, people aren't pro-cop. They're anti-black.

If the same things were happening to white people on a large scale disproportionate to their population, they wouldn't say the same things now.

In fact, had the girl been white and the police officer been black, ooohhhh Willy. They would be calling him a savage and a n*gger and "How dare he touch that white girl".
I tend to be pro-cop and I am hardly anti-black. I agree this incident looks like it was not handled in the proper increments and was escalated beyond what it appears it should have, but that does not mean it was based on race.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:51 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Annie, that's the way it was. Stop living in the past. Start living in the present when -- whether you like it or not -- things are different. Any principal or vice principal or teacher who did what you're advocating would get his butt fired so fast that he wouldn't even have time to hire a lawyer. The vast majority of parents will simply not accept that type of behavior on the part of the powers that be anymore. And if a school board accepted it -- at least in most of the nation -- they'd be voted out of office.

There's an old saying about the genie being out of the bottle and being unable to put him back in. That's where we are now. But I'm going to tell you something -- after 13 years of teaching and 20 years of administrating, not once did I have to paddle a kid to get the kid to behave. Not once in all that time. Paddling kids is okay for parents. It's not okay for schools. It's unnecessary, and in many places out and out illegal. Any teacher or administrator who has to resort to violence against kids hasn't got the intellect to be in their jobs.
I am fully aware of how corporal punishment is viewed now, in and out of school, and that is part of the problem, IMO.

Children are coddled by their parents and the school system and then everyone wonders why they can't deal with the real world where they aren't treated with kid gloves at every turn.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:53 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
It's pretty much white supremacy and superiority complex at work. Whites can't be bad people unless they're mentally ill while blacks are naturally bad people and the good ones are the exceptions. Whites are pure. Blacks are not. That's pretty much the attitude since whites first stepped foot in Africa and it will continue long after we're all dead.

This is part of why I know racism will never go away. It's natural. When one race has all of the power, why would you give that power away? You can say we're all equal, but we're really not. You just hope one day the racism doesn't develop into something on the level of Hitler.
Oh the victim card!!!

Old 10-26-2015, 09:55 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No Boris, no one is excusing the student's behavior. But we are certainly not excusing the supposed adult-in-the-room's behavior.

Furthermore, you don't understand karma.
If you ever are given an order by a Cop, Ignore it, and let me know how that works out for you.

The Cop did exactly what he was supposed to do with a hostile person. She did not comply, so he used only the force required to put her in handcuffs, which meant getting her out of the chair, on the floor, clear of the chairs and desks, and her hands behind her back. Text book. You aren't required to excuse it.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:01 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
If you ever are given an order by a Cop, Ignore it, and let me know how that works out for you.

The Cop did exactly what he was supposed to do with a hostile person. She did not comply, so he used only the force required to put her in handcuffs, which meant getting her out of the chair, on the floor, clear of the chairs and desks, and her hands behind her back. Text book. You aren't required to excuse it.
She was not hostile. She was doing nothing. She didn't throw her hands in the air towards him. She was neutral. She had no weapon and was definitely not overpowering a roided up 230 pound weightlifter.

Come on. Why do people make up these fantasies in their head? He better be careful. Don't want to be the next Darren Wilson where he has to move to Montana or Alaska to live the rest of his days with his white brethren.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:09 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am fully aware of how corporal punishment is viewed now, in and out of school, and that is part of the problem, IMO.

Children are coddled by their parents and the school system and then everyone wonders why they can't deal with the real world where they aren't treated with kid gloves at every turn.
You are, in my view, mistaking fear for respect.

The students in that classroom may very well be afraid of the police after this and other similar incidents, but they will not respect the police.

I've lived in a country for a couple of years where everyone was afraid of the police. And the only thing that kept it from becoming a police state was an army that was sort of on the opposite side of things politically. It's not a pretty thing.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Correct. Just like that racist bigot who shot and killed multiple people in that Southern Carolina church. We can go on and on about all the famous White serial killers who were said to have mental issues. But Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, and pretty much any other Black who gets in trouble are thugs and bad kids.

White privilege.
So you don't think a person who kills a bunch of school kids has mental issues?

Brown and Martin are a different class. Plain Thugs and Criminals... Justice served.

You got nothing, so now it has to be racial? That's funny.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:10 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:

You have a lousy textbook.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:12 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Quote:
So you don't think a person who kills a bunch of school kids has mental issues?

Brown and Martin are a different class. Plain Thugs and Criminals... Justice served.

You got nothing, so now it has to be racial? That's funny.
So people who shoot up and kill 8+ people at one time are better people in your eyes than Martin and Brown who at the time they were murdered killed no one. Good to see the type of person I'm dealing with.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
She was not hostile. .
If that is true, why was she still sitting there after asked to leave?

Why was a Cop called? She was too friendly?

Cop did a good job.

Please spare us the BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies