Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 07:13 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You are right. It is bull crap that a cop is there even addressing that garbage. Leave it to the schools!
The cops are there because the schools can't get the kids to do what they are supposed to in the first place. I keep saying this over and over; parents need to be held more accountable for the behavior of their kids and disruptive, toxic students need to be moved to alternative education facilities faster.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-26-2015 at 07:29 PM..

Old 10-26-2015, 07:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
You sound like a slave
Not at all, just a law abiding citizen.

There was a time when police officers were never needed in schools, because parents taught their children how to behave.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:22 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,448 times
Obviously, someone called the police. Why was that?

Since no one there seems to be bothered much by what happened, that means there is much more to the story, but lets not let dramatics get in the way of everything else.

What were the results of the trial?

Old 10-26-2015, 07:24 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not at all, just a law abiding citizen.
There was a time when police officers were never needed in schools, because parents taught their children how to behave.
Since when were teachers/principals incapable of removing kids from the classroom? One of the problems with putting cops in schools is that some teachers abdicate their responsibility and turn every little incident over to cops who in all likelihood spent many more years dealing with felons than they ever did with a little girl who decided she wouldn't leave a classroom - chances are this cop wasn't even trained on how to deal with kids. That is not meant to indict all SRO's, some of them are great. In the city I worked in a female cop worked in the toughest school in the district, but she was amazingly skilled at defusing situations and not resorting to physical force.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:27 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Sad that people are defending the SRO. The girl couldve been paralyzed. He's what, 3x bigger than she is, and he throws her (and the desk) to the ground like this is WWE.

"If you don't get up, you're suspended." "If you don't get up, you're expelled." "Get up or you don't graduate" etc. Give the student an ultimatum and let them decide their fate. No way should it have gotten that physical. The student should have complied, but this is excessive force in its birthday suit.

People crying about "respect authority!!!!"...but the authority isn't respecting us. What you fail to realize is that alot of cops and SRO's are doing this because they can. [MOD CUT]

A teacher can't paddle a student, but an SRO can drag a student around like a ragdoll. Okay. As a SC resident, this is the last thing we want, more negative "race" news. This is not our character.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2015 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 10-26-2015, 07:27 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxtheRoadWarrior View Post
Disturbing excessive display of force that should not be excused, and whatever she did beforehand doesn't justify him slinging her across the room, but it is amazing how disgraceful students today can be. I have no way of commenting on this specific situation, because we don't know all of the facts; however, as I teacher I have seen some surprising displays of force by administrators and SROs (sometimes justified sometimes not.)
May God bless you. You couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher in these days and time, I couldn't deal with the level of disrespect and the excess baggage that some kids bring to class with them. However, I totally disagree with how this situation was handled though, that seem pretty excessive.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:33 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,499 times
I'm curious to hear the back story of this student and what caused this to escalate the way it did. I will pose this question: How long was the class to be disrupted while the teacher, principal and safety officer coaxed her out of her chair?

I would also like to add IMO the reason teachers and principals are so quick to call the cops to remove a kid from class is because they are so scared of being sued possibly arrested losing their jobs and careers. The Cop/safety officer won't be fired. You can thank decades of law suit happy lawyers and parents who don't discipline their kids and are bewildered when they do something wrong and can't find fault with their children and blame society.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:38 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
It's harrowing to see the (lack of) reactions from everyone else in the classroom. Basically "this is how things are. Oh okay."
I just saw the video on the national news. I was amazed at the lack of reactions of the other students, one looked like he was on his tablet.

You have an act of violence going on 3 feet from you and you don't even seem to notice or care?

And where was the teacher?

Old 10-26-2015, 07:39 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
So, how do some of you think how should the cop have taken this student out of the classroom?

Old 10-26-2015, 07:40 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Since when were teachers/principals incapable of removing kids from the classroom?
Since ignorant Parents started suing the Schools for every thing their sweet children complained about. That's when. If a Cop tells you to get up, and leave, stay at your own risk.

Job well done. Next time she is asked to leave the class, she will comply. (its a school, consider it a lesson)

BTW: You can be pretty sure they didn't ask her to leave the room because she being a great student.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies