Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 05:09 PM

23,567 posts, read 17,245,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
A jury has awarded $240,000 to two Muslim men who say they were fired from an Illinois trucking company after refusing to deliver alcohol.

A judge found that Morton-based Star Transport Inc violated the religious beliefs of Mahad Abass Mohamed and Abdikarim Hassan Bulshale.Two Muslims awarded $240,000 in US discrimination case - Al Jazeera English

That is interesting. However the media was at war with Kim Davis and she ended up in jail for a time for not doing her job, but here are 2 muslims that refuse to do their job and get awarded a big sum of money.
Hope the lawyers got most of the award. Not thrilled with lawyers but lawyers are a tick above Muslim activists.

For all those who think the law is based on logic. This judgement makes no
sense except to lawyers and liberals.

Hence the new group, Islamic beliefs Matter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 07:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Hope the lawyers got most of the award. Not thrilled with lawyers but lawyers are a tick above Muslim activists.

For all those who think the law is based on logic. This judgement makes no
sense except to lawyers and liberals.

Hence the new group, Islamic beliefs Matter!
Actually, this decision is perfectly ordinary - an employer with more than 15 employees must accommodate religious belief if it can be done with minimal harm to the employer. Here is an entire law firm which specializes in it - Becket Fund Mission Statement

I would prefer that religious accommodation not be made for any employee, but the law disagrees with me. So the next best thing is to make sure that a person of *any* religion has equal access to redress. And as nearly as I can tell, they do.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:55 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
"Protected class" is a legal term. Please cite your reference for stating that muslims are a protected class.

just ask almost any liberal, they are all nice to muslims and let them get away with murder, but always want to jack christians over.

here you go.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/12238/f...on-of-america/

Old 10-31-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
just ask almost any liberal, they are all nice to muslims and let them get away with murder, but always want to jack christians over.

here you go.

Federal Judge Establishes Islam As Official and Protected Religion of America
So you don't know what "protected class" actually means. OK.

Here's a clue for you - any sincerely held religious belief is protected in america. Including yours. Including theirs. And no religious belief requires any authorization to qualify for this protection.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Just stop allowing Muslims to immigrate to this country, including as refugees.

Some people criticize accomodations for Christians.

But, whether you like them or not (I do), Christians are already here, and they are not going away.

Muslims are mostly a new thing in this country.

They don't belong here.

In fact, it's time to just say to immigrants in general "Go fix your own countries. Only come here if you have tons of money and can create a business that hires Americans at an excellent wage."

Ya know -- actually doing things that benefit this country instead of destroying it....

That would be quite a change!

Old 11-01-2015, 10:24 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

But, whether you like them or not (I do), Christians are already here, and they are not going away.

They don't belong here.

In fact, it's time to just say to immigrants in general "Go fix your own countries. Only come here if you have tons of money and can create a business that hires Americans at an excellent wage."

Ya know -- actually doing things that benefit this country instead of destroying it....

No the current leader of this once great Nation, is hell bent on destroying the greatness it once was.

And may I add, doing a very good job at destroying it.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:51 AM

57,322 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

They don't belong here.

Christians are covered by the same laws on accommodation, maybe you have some examples of violations that were ignored.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:21 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Christians are covered by the same laws on accommodation, maybe you have some examples of violations that were ignored.
Under Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act, both public and private employers have a duty to exempt religious employees from generally applicable work rules, so long as this won’t create an “undue hardship,” meaning more than a modest cost, on the employer.

Who should be the one deciding what is "undue hardship"? Employer. How about not giving government so much power to run private businesses. This is a trucking company, if you cannot do the job, you should let the employer knew before they hired you. Let's face it, not many people understand another religion. Who knows what are taboo items for them?

You don't ruin other people's business by suing simply because you cannot do the simply job they require you to do.

By the way, to answer your question,

new ruling by a High Court judge - the first on the issue in nearly a decade - says that Christians have no right to decline working on Sunday as it is not a “core component” of their beliefs.

Christians have no right to refuse to work on Sundays, rules judge - Telegraph

Not sure if this is an U.S. case, but I doubt in the U.S. Christians have the right to decline working on Sunday because it is not our "core component" of our beliefs. LOL

As if everybody just knew what our core component is. hahahaha Funny

How about just make one rule for everybody, Christians, Catholic, Muslims, Jews, if you cannot do the job, find another employment. Keep it simple.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Under Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act, both public and private employers have a duty to exempt religious employees from generally applicable work rules, so long as this won’t create an “undue hardship,” meaning more than a modest cost, on the employer.

Who should be the one deciding what is "undue hardship"? Employer. How about not giving government so much power to run private businesses. This is a trucking company, if you cannot do the job, you should let the employer knew before they hired you. Let's face it, not many people understand another religion. Who knows what are taboo items for them?

You don't ruin other people's business by suing simply because you cannot do the simply job they require you to do.

By the way, to answer your question,

new ruling by a High Court judge - the first on the issue in nearly a decade - says that Christians have no right to decline working on Sunday as it is not a “core component” of their beliefs.

Christians have no right to refuse to work on Sundays, rules judge - Telegraph

Not sure if this is an U.S. case, but I doubt in the U.S. Christians have the right to decline working on Sunday because it is not our "core component" of our beliefs. LOL

As if everybody just knew what our core component is. hahahaha Funny

How about just make one rule for everybody, Christians, Catholic, Muslims, Jews, if you cannot do the job, find another employment. Keep it simple.
Why are you not sure? It's a british woman, living in britain, appealing an action by her british employer!

I couldn't find a US case, but I think that, if there are more than 15 employees, an employer is obligated to make a reasonable accommodation if it can be done for modest cost to the employer.

I will say that I agree with you on this, and that no one should get exemption from their ordinary work duties due to religious belief, but the law disagrees with us. I don't see it changing any time soon, either.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:54 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Why are you not sure? It's a british woman, living in britain, appealing an action by her british employer!

I couldn't find a US case, but I think that, if there are more than 15 employees, an employer is obligated to make a reasonable accommodation if it can be done for modest cost to the employer.

I will say that I agree with you on this, and that no one should get exemption from their ordinary work duties due to religious belief, but the law disagrees with us. I don't see it changing any time soon, either.
I am not sure because I didn't look at the source of the article, That is why I said "I am not sure if this is an U.S. case." Now I am sure. Thank you for pointing it out.

As long as you agree with me that no one should get exemption from their ordinary work duties due to religious belief, then it is all good.

bolded is nothing but assumption, however. I doubt any Christians would decline working on Sunday, if they did, the court would still say no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies