Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 05:56 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The NY Times Editorial on this has got to be the height of overreacting and melodrama. They call everyone who voted against the ordinance a bigot who is full of hate and fear. They said transgender teens will now commit suicide over this. And then they invoked Jim Crow! Houston is a liberal, diverse city and has had a thriving gay community for awhile, aside from the thrice-elected gay mayor. It's not enough to spit on the rights of women and girls--I guess it never crossed the NY Times' minds that many gay women also want a right to privacy in bathrooms and locker rooms!
The leftists at the New York Times and elsewhere are bigoted against Houstonians who do not support their ideological agenda. It is as simple as that.

At some point people are going to look up the definition of what a bigot is and realize how cavalierly and indiscriminately that liberals cast this term around. It is all about insulting, bullying and trying to intimidate people who do not share leftists views.

If you look up and understand what a bigot actually is, you will realize quickly that what these leftists are doing here is as fine an example of bigotry as you will ever see in your entire life.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
AeroGuyDC - I do not have a daughter but I have used alone plenty of public restrooms marked for both sexes. The plumbing can be used by either sex. I have also used large public restrooms marked male when I have had to but have always considered them gross.

If I had a daughter I would doubt if she would be anything more than amused or grossed out by a person with a dick, real or not, that tried to use the sink in the girls room as a urinal.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:06 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What rights? They have no right to invade the privacy of the opposite sex. NONE.
Whose privacy is invaded? I have no idea what is going on in the stall next to me. It doesn't really cross my mind. I still really question what people actually think happens in a woman's restroom.

Personally, I would be much more put off by an obvious transman who is being forced to use the women's bathroom even though his appearance matches a man. How will men feel about their "privacy" when a woman enters their bathroom because she has not get gone through a full transition? Hint: Those the most scared pose the MOST THREAT to transpeople, not the other way around.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:27 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
And what is so important to a transgender person that they can't just instead use a unisex/handicap bathroom? What is so important to their fantasy life as the opposite sex that they need to invade the wrong bathroom? You have a penis, use the mens room or a unisex bathroom. Transgenders in transition or cross-dressing gay men just need to stay out of the womens room.

And there is no stigma attached to anyone using the unisex (single toilet) bathooms. In fact, on the campus I work at, the unisex bathrooms are the most popular restrooms to use. They are very roomy and everyone prefers the extra privacy.

Why is the LGBT community making such a mountain out of a molehill?

Old 11-06-2015, 06:35 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Male, female, other. Simple as that.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:35 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The NY Times Editorial on this has got to be the height of overreacting and melodrama. They call everyone who voted against the ordinance a bigot who is full of hate and fear. They said transgender teens will now commit suicide over this. And then they invoked Jim Crow! Houston is a liberal, diverse city and has had a thriving gay community for awhile, aside from the thrice-elected gay mayor. It's not enough to spit on the rights of women and girls--I guess it never crossed the NY Times' minds that many gay women also want a right to privacy in bathrooms and locker rooms!
The Houston-bashing has been going on for years and years, about any and everything, most of it based on ignorance or outright untruths.
Did these people sing the praises of Houston when the gay mayor was elected more than once? Do they sing the praises for its diversity and everything else great? But they certainly don't hesitate to jump all over it and exaggerate on anything negative or seen as negative. And unsurprisingly in this case, the anger and disapproval is based more on emotion than fact.
The media and most outsiders treat it the exact opposite of Austin, for example. Been that way as long as I can remember.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:42 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And what is so important to a transgender person that they can't just instead use a unisex/handicap bathroom? What is so important to their fantasy life as the opposite sex that they need to invade the wrong bathroom? You have a penis, use the mens room or a unisex bathroom. Transgenders in transition or cross-dressing gay men just need to stay out of the womens room.

And there is no stigma attached to anyone using the unisex (single toilet) bathooms. In fact, on the campus I work at, the unisex bathrooms are the most popular restrooms to use. They are very roomy and everyone prefers the extra privacy.

Why is the LGBT community making such a mountain out of a molehill?
Because there aren't single stall bathrooms everywhere - or even most places. The handicapped restrooms in most stores and large restaurants (that already don't have single stalls for all bathrooms) is just a larger stall within the bigger restroom. Sure, this might not be a problem somewhere like Target or the mall where there are family restrooms, but that's certainly not the majority.

Guess they should just hold it? How dare they complain!

Old 11-06-2015, 07:53 AM

756 posts, read 424,477 times
Again, it really comes down to a simple question:
Why should the comfort of a very small minority surpass that of the majority?

If the majority of girls or women who have access to a given restroom or lockeroom don't have a problem with it, fine. If they do, we really should find some other solution.

Also, as others noted, if you think polices like this won't be open to abuse with guys dressing as women just so they can get into a women's locker room or showers, you are naive.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:42 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
No, YOU are naive. Men can dress like women now and they aren't sneaking into ladies rooms. You guys are all paranoid over a non issue.

I think it is because men can't think of anything but sex, and mens rooms are full of foot tapping gay sex fiends, and transsexuals turn them on, and they think ladies act the same way.

Women go in the bathroom do their business and leave. That's it. I've never seen anyone's privates in a ladies room. Nobody has ever seen mine.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:56 AM

756 posts, read 424,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
No, YOU are naive. Men can dress like women now and they aren't sneaking into ladies rooms. You guys are all paranoid over a non issue.

I think it is because men can't think of anything but sex, and mens rooms are full of foot tapping gay sex fiends, and transsexuals turn them on, and they think ladies act the same way.

Women go in the bathroom do their business and leave. That's it. I've never seen anyone's privates in a ladies room. Nobody has ever seen mine.
The discussion isn't just about ladies rooms, it's about locker rooms and showers.
What stops some pervert from dressing up as a woman and he now has free and easy access to go watch them change or shower?

The other point was... if the majority of WOMEN in a given place, school, gym, university, wherever, are uncomfortable seeing someone's penis while they change or shower, why should the comfort and consideration of a small minority or people trump that of the majority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies