Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 09:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
Fair enough. I hear you like to attend Hari Krishna services. Should we be concerned about that?
sigh...... It's not about what others falsely claim about another, it's about a person saying it about themselves.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:21 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
OP, I agree with you.

I am a (black) independent and would truly consider being a republican if the party did not blindly accept overt bigotry in lay party members and even some elected officials.
I know! Like when they said absolutely NOTHING about KKK member Senator Robert Byrd for all of those years.

Oh wait... That was Democrats...

Quote:
The bold above is especially true and I think the GOP should REALLY make a concerted, social media effort to smash the voice of the Tea Party, bigoted "conservative" and ensure that they are silenced as the main voice of the party.
The Tea Party isn't the main voice of the GOP. Far from it. And I challenge you to provide any evidence that the Tea party is "bigoted". That's nonsense.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:50 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
So could someone explain it to me: who are all of these "bigoted racists," and what do they do that is so different from most white people in this country? The country is as segregated as all get-out. Few white people live in neighborhoods that have many black people in them, or send their kids to school with many black kids. So what's so non-racist about them, exactly, and what are they doing that's so different from what the "racists" are doing?

Old 11-09-2015, 10:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I know! Like when they said absolutely NOTHING about KKK member Senator Robert Byrd for all of those years.

Oh wait... That was Democrats...

The Tea Party isn't the main voice of the GOP. Far from it. And I challenge you to provide any evidence that the Tea party is "bigoted". That's nonsense.
Again, I am not a Democrat. I have just as many bad opinions about them as I do the GOP (including my belief that they also have many racists in their party).

The thread topic is about the GOP.

Too many lay GOP members exhibit bigoted views, like many have in this thread.

The Tea Party is bigoted in my opinion based on my knowledge of them over these past 6 years. I do not need to provide you "proof" regarding my own opinion.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:52 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Show some proof of Republicans overt bigotry policies.
Even some comments that are considered a cornerstone of the republicans.
Is this one - "a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one"

So according to you blacks have weathered the horrible economic times well? They haven't been hurt by it too much as well as the loose immigration and illegal immigration laws? Must be if the dems are doing the right think for American minorities.
The focus on banning affirmative action when it benefits minorities, yet staying silent on other preferred admission standards that mostly benefit Whites.

No one has a problem with White students w/ sub-par SAT scores getting into college because their parents went there, but make a case that the valedictorian at a bad inner city should get a shot too and the Conservative movement gathers the pitchforks.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:

Too be fair you tend to have more extremists and racists on the internet percentagewise than in the general populace.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Too be fair you tend to have more extremists and racists on the internet percentagewise than in the general populace.
Very true.

This is the reason why I do feel that there are way more non-crazy Republicans than crazy. I know a lot of conservatives personally and don't feel they are bigots in any way.

The internet is filled with crazy.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:38 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
There are bigoted racists in every political parties.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:46 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:

The Tea Party is bigoted in my opinion based on my knowledge of them over these past 6 years. I do not need to provide you "proof" regarding my own opinion.

Define "bigot" and provide examples. Accusations are just that unless you can back them up.

And upon what, exactly, do you base your views of the Tea Party? Have you ever been to a Tea Party sponsored event? I have been to many and I've never heard anything remotely 'bigoted'.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Define "bigot" and provide examples. Accusations are just that unless you can back them up.

And upon what, exactly, do you base your views of the Tea Party? Have you ever been to a Tea Party sponsored event? I have been to many and I've never heard anything remotely 'bigoted'.
Again, I don't need to prove to you my opinion. I didn't "accuse." I stated my opinion.

You need to stop listening/watching too much Fox and super right wing conservative programming. No one wants to argue with you all the time.

I'm smart enough to know that no matter my reasons, you won't find them valid. You only care about your own opinion so there is no need to go there with you.

My comments were mostly aimed at the OP and other non-overly right wing conservatives who are smart enough to know that there is indeed a bigoted branch in the GOP. Anyone who takes a step back without blinders on their eyes can see it. You wanting proof of the basis of my opinion shows that you are one who has on the blinders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies