Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 12:58 PM

241 posts, read 189,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
They are being let in western Europe and the U.S. Obviously, not all of them are bad people, not 50%, not 25%, not 10%, but just maybe 1/2 of 1% are.

So 200,000 x .005 would = 1,000. OK, maybe less than 1000 will be vindictive and accept ISIS's agenda, Oh, sure the U.S. vetting will give us all assurances to carry on.

My question is with Obama's infatuation with equality and adhering to anything the LGBT community wants. So why accept radicals Muslims (you know there will be some among the 200k) who are not accepting of gays, American values, or any western value. They havebeheaded Christians across the middle-east, our own TV reporters, photographers, soldiers and gays were pushed off tall buildings recently.

I guess once that crap happens in the U.S., then the U.S. will pay attention and admit its mistake of a mass Syrian immigration which will be too late. Oh wait, we've had Americans claim ISIS allegiance and try to behead people, (Boston police officer, a co-worker in Texas manufacturing plant).

So, do we really want ISIS to grow in the U.S. with more potential Middle-eastern Muslims from Iraq, Syria or make every effort possible for it to decrease? Do we want more news inside our borders or less?
Close the borders. It is a tough decision but strong measures are necessary because we live in a different world than 200 years ago.
Put aside your American values of unwavering generosity because your guests may turn the country upside down.

Yes, I know we have American-born youth joining ISIS but why make it easier? I am a humanistic person but I am a survivalist first.

On a side note regarding a nother world power and ISIS; AFAIK, China's govt. has no such internal ISIS problems. Yet, ISIS has declared war on them too.

So, is this good for the U.S.?
People need to march on Washington to stop it. A 2 million-man march. A large statement needs to be made. Or should we wait and let it mature into another Boston marathon bombing. Or worse, simultaneous attacks across the nation.
How are you going to replace the millions of retiring Baby Boomers if you can't rely on immigration? Without immigration, our population would shrink and there would not be enough taxpayers to support the aging Boomer population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 01:01 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,842,681 times
The type who were trades or shop owners or professionals are welcome so long as they stand scrutiny by our intelligence/interrogation types to confirm their claims.

We could use more of the above in our country. Stands for any group. They will work because that is their ethic.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:07 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,367,588 times
From a friend in Rome, they really don't have a clue I advised to keep looking over her shoulder and keep her radar on like we should be doing here in the U.S.

Quick question: where are they supposed to do the recruiting? Where are they doing the training? Who is supplying the arms, the training? Who is protecting their wives and children while they are being trained?

Who is working the fields or making the living to support their families??

You make it seem so easy. I think that Obama and the other European leaders are looking for a solution that involves diplomacy, politics, weighing international balances, correcting mistakes made in the past by starting wars for democracy in countries not ready for democracy.

We should support the refugees from these wars and welcome them, integrating them into our way of life, respectful of their cultures and not just selling our western consumerism. They will be our strongest allies against the terrorists.

It's not easy.

Her answer was her response to my email sent to my list and posted here:

HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of able-bodied men are fleeing Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan seeking refuge in Europe

QUESTION: Why are these cowards not forming an army to take back their country from the roughly THIRTY thousand ISIS and Taliban fighters who took it from them and enslaved their women and children? Also what the hell is wrong with Obama and the Western powers that they are not actively recruiting and arming such an army instead of putting our troops at risk saving THEIR country?

Old 11-14-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
The idiots that advocate more Muslims would never allow them into THEIR neighborhoods. Your neighborhood and my neighborhood yes, but never theirs.

The idiots want to present these blood thirsty parasites as women and children while they are anything but that.

A recent photoshop I did of one of the pictures showing Muslims streaming into a small German town:

Women and children my rear end!

If anything I erred on the way of caution and when it doubt I marked it as a woman or child. That said from what I have seen it is 5 to 1 men of military age vs women or children.

Wanna have a laugh?

Average Australians have been fighting the Islamic invasion for a few years now but their left wing government still wants to settle Syrian refugees in the western suburbs (more average income levels) so an Australian group got together to win the rights of Syrian refugees to settle in the more plush eastern suburbs.

So they dress up as Muslims and head to the more plush neighborhoods and what is shocking is they didn't get a single signature on their petition!

Not a one, can you imagine that?

Sharing 'cultural diversity' in Malcolm's electorate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ltx_NSMbo

I wonder if Senator Gillibrand would sign such a petition to bring Muslims to her neighborhood?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done and well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post
These refugees are probably harder-working than most Americans and would be a valuable asset to our country. I would trade our entitled millennials for these refugees anyday.

Pleas let me know where you live. I never want to be anywhere near you if this happens

Old 11-14-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Pleas let me know where you live. I never want to be anywhere near you if this happens
I live in the real world. What about you?

Old 11-14-2015, 01:15 PM

1,676 posts, read 946,068 times
Then bring in LEGAL immigrants from countries where the culture is not barbarian. That's the simple answer. There are plenty of law-abiding, civilized people who want to come here legally and work hard. They should be welcomed in. Not illegals from Latin America or "refugees" from Muslim nations that will just leech off of welfare.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:15 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,585,712 times
I don't know the type of vetting that will go on. But if it is anything like how the govt. checks up on our mentally ill, underprivileged kids, or gangs in Chicago there will be no true checks, just rhetoric. How easy it to get an assault gun in the U.S.?

Old 11-14-2015, 01:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,486,942 times
They are importing future Democratic voters at the expense of our safety and way of life. The Democrats are like cancer.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We should close our borders because we are a country. We should let the ones in that we want.
Who is "we"? You don't speak for every American. Most Americans support immigration, as do our leaders, as our country has welcomed immigrants for centuries.

Quote:
You mean that opening the borders and letting everyone in is "making the terrorists lose"?
You're twisting around what I wrote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies