Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:06 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,729,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama has swept in a new logic where the least issue dominates the larger
You mean like trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act sixty one times?

Uh huh. Obama did that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 01:33 PM

7,108 posts, read 9,004,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
The vast majority of unsolved homicides in the black community are committed by gangs, wannabes gang members are run-of-the-mill criminals, period. To even mildly suggest that it is the police or some mysterious force distracts from solving the problem.

I worked as a police officer in a community like this. We had a shooting in a park one year. Over 100 witnesses saw the shooting, but no one would provide assistance. "Stop Snitching" was actually a real motto. Through backchannels, we learned who the shooter was but the shooting remains unsolved.

It is the same for many other unsolved cases. I have gone through this drill countless times.

I met some amazing people in this community. I also met people that I never knew existed, true sociopath monsters.

As a retired officer, I have no problem saying that there can be zero tolerance for police abuse. But, if you truly know communities like this, you know what really goes on. And you know that to just blame the police for the state of the streets in intellectually dishonest.

-Buz
I do believe there is a no snitching problem in some violent neighborhoods. I also believe there is a no snitching policy among some police officers.

As I said before that until 70% of the homicides are resolved I will say I don't know and not believe anyone who creates any other type of narrative. Too many times Law Enforcement has been found to be criminals themselves along with people elected to cover their tracks.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:40 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,917,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I do believe there is a no snitching problem in some violent neighborhoods. I also believe there is a no snitching policy among some police officers.

As I said before that until 70% of the homicides are resolved I will say I don't know and not believe anyone who creates any other type of narrative. Too many times Law Enforcement has been found to be criminals themselves along with people elected to cover their tracks.
Unfortunately police don't protect people who snitch. Would you snitch if there was a great chance you would be murdered and nothing would be done because your life didn't matter to the police or the prosecutor you tried to help?

Old 12-10-2015, 02:09 PM

291 posts, read 391,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

Sorry, but a nine-year-old angel was executed on those streets in broad daylight. His mother went car shopping and his father refused to help. It took them over a month to solve a broad daylight murder of a baby because no one wanted to help.

On Memorial Day weekend, there were 56 people shot and 12 people killed in Chicago. Yes, in one weekend in an American City. Conspiracy theories about who is responsible will never solve the problem. Blaming the police who have to work in these war zones won't solve the problem either. When the community decides they have had enough with drug dealers and criminals, things will get better.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:11 PM

291 posts, read 391,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Unfortunately police don't protect people who snitch. Would you snitch if there was a great chance you would be murdered and nothing would be done because your life didn't matter to the police or the prosecutor you tried to help?
There are plenty of ways to help without testifying.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:21 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,437,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Since blacks commit the most murders per person and overwelmingly kill the most black people why don't they protest this since "black lives matter?" If blacks stopped killing blacks it would stop 90% of the black killings.

You really seriously don't see a difference between criminals murdering people and being caught and convicted and police officers murdering people and getting away with it?

Old 12-10-2015, 02:24 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,437,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
11 Major Misconceptions About the Black Lives Matter Movement | Black Lives Matter

1. The movement doesn’t care about black-on-black crime. The idea that black-on-black crime is not a significant political conversation among black people is patently false. In Chicago, long maligned for its high rates of intraracial murder, members of the community created the Violence Interrupters to disrupt violent altercations before they escalate. However, those who insist on talking about black-on-black crime frequently fail to acknowledge that most crime is intraracial. Ninety-three percent of black murder victims are killed by other black people. Eighty-four percent of white murder victims are killed by other white people. The continued focus on black-on-black crime is a diversionary tactic, whose goal is to suggest that black people don’t have the right to be outraged about police violence in vulnerable black communities, because those communities have a crime problem.

Some people should just go to their website and learn more about them than just the Black Lives Matter slogan.
I get a 502 bad gateway

Old 12-10-2015, 03:44 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,367,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
You really seriously don't see a difference between criminals murdering people and being caught and convicted and police officers murdering people and getting away with it?
Cops don't shoot other races? We should be protesting that too right?

Old 12-10-2015, 03:49 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,367,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
The very simple truth of the matter but can be further broken down in various layers:

Black communities have been at a disadvantage for generations. Customs, food, genes, and all else has been passed on from generation to generation. As a result, a lot of violence and post oppression conditions that linger.

Other communities that haven't personally experienced this have no clue how it is to be a black person having generations of families living under these oppressed terms.

Those that have broken away haven't put anyone fwd in office to really align with other communities. Who does the black community have? Sharpton, Malcom, Dr Umar, Louis, and new black panther. Where is the Obama and Colin Powell for the black community? Where are the trumps, the Hillary, the Bernie, and all the rest to represent and identify on a full cultural level with the black community?

Again, it's not going to happen overnight. Slavery ended but the post traumatic conditions still exist and have contributed to their current actions. Watch any rap video and tell me if that just began yesterday.

Then you have the white folks that patronize and think they know. This is called preconditioned racism. All they are doing is continuing to say that blacks are the victims and helpless but really aren't doing anything to understand the reseaon blacks behave as animals- which many do. I am black and have policed both white and black neighborhoods. I understand social dynamics. I have family with both blue eyes and as dark as coal. I am telling you that we have issues same as cops have mental issues having to deal with these violent black males. It's a vicious circle because both are in a pit but nobody is getting any type of psychological treatment. Difference is, cops get to go home to the burbs but they too are still suffering. Black oppressed remain in place and still have to deal with an entire oppressed community.

But this stuff is too deep. People rather call each other racist cause its easier on the mind.
Oh. So by your logic the blacks in Africa and Hati, you know, the blacks that weren't decendents of slaves and away from white oppression are thriving?!? Google the poorest countries in the world and tell me about the top 50.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:39 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,917,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
There are plenty of ways to help without testifying.
It is easy to tell someone else to play Russian Rollette with their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies