Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 10:55 AM

291 posts, read 390,737 times

Advertisements

BLM in full swing: a true class act...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEeybBskRs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 11:02 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The commission of murder under color of law is fundamentally different from the more typical forms of murder
Wrong. ALL forms of murder result in death.

Show us anything that proves police kill more than 2,245 Blacks (number of Black on Black murders) each year.

Old 12-09-2015, 11:09 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
This statute makes it a crime for any person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom to willfully deprive or cause to be deprived from any person those rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution and laws of the U.S.

This law further prohibits a person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation or custom to willfully subject or cause to be subjected any person to different punishments, pains, or penalties, than those prescribed for punishment of citizens on account of such person being an alien or by reason of his/her color or race.

Acts under "color of any law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the bounds or limits of their lawful authority, but also acts done without and beyond the bounds of their lawful authority; provided that, in order for unlawful acts of any official to be done under "color of any law," the unlawful acts must be done while such official is purporting or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. This definition includes, in addition to law enforcement officials, individuals such as Mayors, Council persons, Judges, Nursing Home Proprietors, Security Guards, etc., persons who are bound by laws, statutes ordinances, or customs.

Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to one year, or both, and if bodily injury results or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire shall be fined or imprisoned up to ten years or both, and if death results, or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
Title 18, U.S.C., Section 242
Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law

Old 12-10-2015, 08:32 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
Sorry, but it is a silly argument to suggest that the police or some other secret entity are behind the unsolved murders. The murders are unsolved because the motto in many of those neighborhoods is "Stop Snitching." My neighborhood doesn't have weekly murders. We would turn in anyone who committed a crime no matter what color they were. When the crime plagued neighborhoods do the same, the crime will come to a screetching hault, real estate values will go up, children will stop being corrupted and recruited by gang members, and businesses will move in creating jobs.

We are all in this together. At least that's how it is suppose to be.
My neighborhood doesnt have weekly murders either. Yes. We report crime as well regardless of race. We are a very safe neighborhood.

I don't know who's behind the unsolved homicides and neither do you. You can't trust the media to tell the truth always or do you? I do know that something is going on that doesn't seem right especially in St. Louis.

We are all in this together but we close our eyes to the facts and what is going on.

Peace, Love and Joy!

Old 12-10-2015, 09:04 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You dont know that. I can speak from the stand point of St. Louis and Chicago. Over 70% of the homicides in St. Louis are unsolved. You don't know if those doing the murdering are Black or not. I know I don't. Speaking facts not Fox.
We have been believing this conspiracy theory for years, and let me not get ready to speak about the body parts being stolen. We don't know, but we surely have our own beliefs. Based on historical context, we are justified with believing that blacks are not the only group of people killing us.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:22 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
The very simple truth of the matter but can be further broken down in various layers:

Black communities have been at a disadvantage for generations. Customs, food, genes, and all else has been passed on from generation to generation. As a result, a lot of violence and post oppression conditions that linger.

Other communities that haven't personally experienced this have no clue how it is to be a black person having generations of families living under these oppressed terms.

Those that have broken away haven't put anyone fwd in office to really align with other communities. Who does the black community have? Sharpton, Malcom, Dr Umar, Louis, and new black panther. Where is the Obama and Colin Powell for the black community? Where are the trumps, the Hillary, the Bernie, and all the rest to represent and identify on a full cultural level with the black community?

Again, it's not going to happen overnight. Slavery ended but the post traumatic conditions still exist and have contributed to their current actions. Watch any rap video and tell me if that just began yesterday.

Then you have the white folks that patronize and think they know. This is called preconditioned racism. All they are doing is continuing to say that blacks are the victims and helpless but really aren't doing anything to understand the reseaon blacks behave as animals- which many do. I am black and have policed both white and black neighborhoods. I understand social dynamics. I have family with both blue eyes and as dark as coal. I am telling you that we have issues same as cops have mental issues having to deal with these violent black males. It's a vicious circle because both are in a pit but nobody is getting any type of psychological treatment. Difference is, cops get to go home to the burbs but they too are still suffering. Black oppressed remain in place and still have to deal with an entire oppressed community.

But this stuff is too deep. People rather call each other racist cause its easier on the mind.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:47 AM

291 posts, read 390,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
My neighborhood doesnt have weekly murders either. Yes. We report crime as well regardless of race. We are a very safe neighborhood.

I don't know who's behind the unsolved homicides and neither do you. You can't trust the media to tell the truth always or do you? I do know that something is going on that doesn't seem right especially in St. Louis.

We are all in this together but we close our eyes to the facts and what is going on.

Peace, Love and Joy!
The vast majority of unsolved homicides in the black community are committed by gangs, wannabes gang members are run-of-the-mill criminals, period. To even mildly suggest that it is the police or some mysterious force distracts from solving the problem.

I worked as a police officer in a community like this. We had a shooting in a park one year. Over 100 witnesses saw the shooting, but no one would provide assistance. "Stop Snitching" was actually a real motto. Through backchannels, we learned who the shooter was but the shooting remains unsolved.

It is the same for many other unsolved cases. I have gone through this drill countless times.

I met some amazing people in this community. I also met people that I never knew existed, true sociopath monsters.

As a retired officer, I have no problem saying that there can be zero tolerance for police abuse. But, if you truly know communities like this, you know what really goes on. And you know that to just blame the police for the state of the streets in intellectually dishonest.

-Buz

Old 12-10-2015, 09:51 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
We have been believing this conspiracy theory for years, and let me not get ready to speak about the body parts being stolen. We don't know, but we surely have our own beliefs. Based on historical context, we are justified with believing that blacks are not the only group of people killing us.
the derp is deep with this one.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:54 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
The very simple truth of the matter but can be further broken down in various layers:

Black communities have been at a disadvantage for generations. Customs, food, genes, and all else has been passed on from generation to generation. As a result, a lot of violence and post oppression conditions that linger.

Other communities that haven't personally experienced this have no clue how it is to be a black person having generations of families living under these oppressed terms.

Those that have broken away haven't put anyone fwd in office to really align with other communities. Who does the black community have? Sharpton, Malcom, Dr Umar, Louis, and new black panther. Where is the Obama and Colin Powell for the black community? Where are the trumps, the Hillary, the Bernie, and all the rest to represent and identify on a full cultural level with the black community?

Again, it's not going to happen overnight. Slavery ended but the post traumatic conditions still exist and have contributed to their current actions. Watch any rap video and tell me if that just began yesterday.

Then you have the white folks that patronize and think they know. This is called preconditioned racism. All they are doing is continuing to say that blacks are the victims and helpless but really aren't doing anything to understand the reseaon blacks behave as animals- which many do. I am black and have policed both white and black neighborhoods. I understand social dynamics. I have family with both blue eyes and as dark as coal. I am telling you that we have issues same as cops have mental issues having to deal with these violent black males. It's a vicious circle because both are in a pit but nobody is getting any type of psychological treatment. Difference is, cops get to go home to the burbs but they too are still suffering. Black oppressed remain in place and still have to deal with an entire oppressed community.

But this stuff is too deep. People rather call each other racist cause its easier on the mind.
Like obama facing the slaughter of thosands in Syria, Obama just had an issue with chemical weapons being used to kill. Otherwise crucifiction, beheading children, both muslim and Christian, were okay.

Obama has swept in a new logic where the least issue dominates the larger good whomust bear the brunt of this backward lifeboat logic that alwys considered the greater good rather than individuals at the sacrifice of the greater population.

Be concerned and upset at the tune the band played when the Titanic was about to sink beneath the waves. Misplaced efffort all.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:06 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post

That's why I have no idea why Obama turned his back on the kids like those in the video, below. He had the opportunitiy to go to a stellar private school in Hawaii, his daughters go to a pricey private school, but he pulls the rug out from under these kids? Sorry... What kind of an a$$hole does that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKzZJoPu1OQ

Obama Wrong on D.C. School Vouchers and Hypocritical - US News

And...

Quote:
"The President’s budget levels off funding for D.C. Opportunity Scholarships at $20 million for fiscal 2016, which is when the program’s authorization expires. No future funds are provided. The Education Department gets a $3.6 billion, or 5.4%, spending increase.

Of course, $20 million is better than zip, which is what Mr. Obama proposed in 2011. Speaker John Boehner and former Democratic Senator Joe Lieberman shamed the Administration into restoring scholarship funding and extending the program—established in 2003 by George W. Bush and Democratic Mayor Anthony Williams—for another five years.

About 1,400 D.C. students this year received scholarships to attend private schools. (The President’s daughters attend Sidwell Friends, a private school.) Nearly 90% of scholarship recipients would otherwise be stuck in a school deemed failing under No Child Left Behind. The average annual household income of a scholarship recipient is $20,575, and 97% are black or Latino.

Yet only 285 of 1,774 new applicants were awarded scholarships in last year’s lottery. They’d face better odds getting into Georgetown. About 90% of scholarship students go on to attend college. "
Obama's D.C. Voucher Snub

Note the bipartisan cooperation in both shaming Obama into including the D.C. school voucher program in his budget, and in establishing the program to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies