Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 12:38 PM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times

Advertisements

US Population (US Census data):

White: 77.4%
Black: 13.2%

FBI's murder stats, percentages of all murders:

White on White: 44%
Black on Black: 39%

Work out the statistical likelihood of W on W and B on B murders:

W on W: 44/77.4 = 0.56
B on B: 39/13.2 = 2.95

Whites are a little more than half as likely to murder other Whites as would be expected, based on their percentage of the population.

Blacks are about 3 times more likely to murder other Blacks than would be expected, based on their percentage of the population.

Do the math a little further... 2.95/0.56 ...and we see that Blacks are 5.27 times more likely to murder other Blacks than Whites are to murder other Whites.

Any questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 06:43 PM

811 posts, read 551,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Really? The GOP and Republicans aren't the ones trapping Black kids in horrendous public schools. Thats the Dems. They absolutely refuse to support vouchers even though 2/3 of Black adults support them. The GOP is pro-vouchers. http://www.dfer.org/2008/10/obama_questione.php

So, what's the result of Dems' refusal to adequately educate Blacks?

U.S. public schools educate only 26% of all public school students to even basic grade-level proficiency in math, 38% in reading, by 12th grade.

NAEP - Mathematics and Reading 2013

That in and of itself is bad enough, but pay very careful attention to the much lower basic proficiency percentages for Black students.

Black students' basic math proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 7%
Basic reading proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 16%

Are Blacks inherently less intelligent than everyone else? I don't think so. Or are Democrats insisting on keeping them trapped in subpar public schools and therefore ensuring they're kept dumb, poor, and therefore voting for Democrats for life/generations? Maybe you should think again about which political party is the real oppressor.

No, it's not. I'll walk you through the math in my next post.
Ok you're either very stupid or being intellectually dishonest and just like to go in circles after you spin and DEFLECT my points.

Your question was never whether or not the GOP or Republicans help black people as much as Democrats or if they trap black kids in public schools or even if it was Democrats that do that. You explicitly asked a short and concise question, what was the equivalent of a Black Lives Matter movement that caters to whites the same way BLM does. And I told you the movement that is the EQUIVALENT is the Republicans and GOPs. NOWHERE did you ask me "Show me how Democrats and the GOP/Republicans fare in comparison to aiding the black community". NOWHERE did I suggest Democrats adequately educate black children.

And once again, I don't like the Democrats, I stated NUMEROUS times that they harm black people. Again, remove the klan hood and your eyes will see that if you READ. Reading, it's fundamental. Democrats are the wolf in sheeps clothing and yes, blacks should stop voting for them. I don't disagree with you there.

Your math is just fine, which is great. I see it is your reading and your comprehension that needs some work.

What you still refuse to answer for days now it seems like, is that if your stats as you show (that are accurate) reveal that whites commit the most crimes in QUANTITY, why is it that there are still more blacks in jail than whites?

Maybe I need to go back to my original example.
Neighborhood A has 50 white people. 20 of them committed murders this year.
Neighborhood B has 30 black people. 15 of them committed murders this year.

The RATE is indeed higher for neighborhood B with the blacks, but at the end of the day there should still be 20 whites in my prison and 15 blacks. What is the reason that's not the case? When I said whites are just as likely to commit crimes against each other as blacks, I meant by the pure basis of they aren't anymore perfect than us and considering they live near each other, it is likely. The way you and most like you make it seem is that whites are all friendly to each other and never harm one another, which is what I meant yb that sentence.

Your deflection skills are amazing and I hope everyone reading this thread sees how many things you conveniently ignore. When you said blacks don't express concern for black on black crime, I gave you examples of rallies and anti-violence events and you ignored that part in your response. When you gave your "blacks commit crimes at higher rates" spiel, I countered and said you were right but logically there should still be more whites in jail at the end of the day if they by sheer quantity commit more. And yet again you were quiet and ignored that. You even set yourself up to be proven wrong again this second time. You keep bringing up how Democrats harm blacks even though I REPEATEDLY told you I agree but you like a fool bring it up as if I don't believe you.

And by the way, you still never answered my question. What is your end game to all of this? You like most white supremacists will address black on black crime as if it disgusts you, but yet you do nothing about it. You know all these stats about how black people kill each other, but what is it that you hope to gain? Does it help you sleep better at night to know your race is just more civil and less violent? Because the only time people bring up the flaws of others so deeply, is to make them look inferior, or they're trying to bring it up to help them after (through action). You haven't given me evidence that it's the second because you would have cited your examples of you helping these communities, so I'm assuming it's the first.

Last edited by Vizualizax90; 12-06-2015 at 06:56 PM..

Old 12-06-2015, 06:57 PM

756 posts, read 425,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Ok you're either very stupid or being intellectually dishonest and just like to go in circles after you spin and DEFLECT my points.

Your question was never whether or not the GOP or Republicans help black people as much as Democrats or if they trap black kids in public schools or even if it was Democrats that do that. You explicitly asked a short and concise question, what was the equivalent of a Black Lives Matter movement that caters to whites the same way BLM does. And I told you the movement that is the EQUIVALENT is the Republicans and GOPs. NOWHERE did you ask me "Show me how Democrats and the GOP/Republicans fare in comparison to aiding the black community".

And once again, I don't like the Democrats, I stated NUMEROUS times that they harm black people. Again, remove the klan hood and your eyes will see that if you READ. Reading, it's fundamental. Democrats are the wolf in sheeps clothing and yes, blacks should stop voting for them. I don't disagree with you there.

Your math is just fine, which is great. I see it is your reading and your comprehension that needs some work.

What you still refuse to answer for days now it seems like, is that if your stats as you show (that are accurate) reveal that whites commit the most crimes in QUANTITY, why is it that there are still more blacks in jail than whites?

Maybe I need to go back to my original example.
Neighborhood A has 50 white people. 20 of them committed murders this year.
Neighborhood B has 30 black people. 15 of them committed murders this year.

The RATE is indeed higher for neighborhood B with the blacks, but at the end of the day there should still be 20 whites in my prison and 15 blacks. What is the reason that's not the case? When I said whites are just as likely to commit crimes against each other as blacks, I meant by the pure basis of they aren't anymore perfect than us and considering they live near each other, it is likely. The way you and most like you make it seem is that whites are all friendly to each other and never harm one another, which is what I meant yb that sentence.

Your deflection skills are amazing and I hope everyone reading this thread sees how many things you conveniently ignore. When you said blacks don't express concern for black on black crime, I gave you examples of rallies and anti-violence events and you ignored that part in your response. When you gave your "blacks commit crimes at higher rates" spiel, I countered and said you were right but logically there should still be more whites in jail at the end of the day if they by sheer quantity commit more. And yet again you were quiet and ignored that. You even set yourself up to be proven wrong again this second time. You keep bringing up how Democrats harm blacks even though I REPEATEDLY told you I agree but you like a fool bring it up as if I don't believe you.

And by the way, you still never answered my question. What is your end game to all of this? You like most white supremacists will address black on black crime as if it disgusts you, but yet you do nothing about it. You know all these stats about how black people kill each other, but what is it that you hope to gain? Does it help you sleep better at night to know your race is just more civil and less violent? Because the only time people bring up the flaws of others so deeply, is to make them look inferior, or they're trying to bring it up to help them after (through action). You haven't given me evidence that it's the second because you would have cited your examples of you helping these communities, so I'm assuming it's the first.
"remove the klan hood"? Really? Wow.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:

Your question was never whether or not the GOP or Republicans help black people as much as Democrats or if they trap black kids in public schools or even if it was Democrats that do that.
You asserted the GOP was the #WhiteLivesMatter movement. I correctly rebutted that by stating that the GOP wants to give Black adults want they want for their children: school vouchers. That directly contradicts the assertion that the GOP only supports Whites.

Quote:
Your math is just fine
I know it is. So how did you get such a simple comparison wrong?

Quote:
Because people go to jail for more crimes than just murder. How do you not know that?

For example, Blacks committed 52% of homicides (includes more than just murder) between 1980 and 2008, compared to Whites committing 45%.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Not going to bother with your ridiculous assertion that I'm a White supremacist. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
"remove the klan hood"? Really? Wow.
Well, one has to resort to insults when the facts don't support one's absurd assertions, no?

Old 12-06-2015, 10:35 PM

142 posts, read 194,086 times
People protest against the murders in inner cities in almost every major city in america. Go to YouTube and check Chicago, check Baltimore and Detroit. The community reacts to the large number of killings in these places as well, it is just not shown by the media because that's not how they want to portray people of color. In Baltimore, they have something called the 300 men march which was designed to fight against the murders and destruction in the communities across Baltimore. We absolutely care about the murders and violence, just as much as we care when someone is unjustly murdered by police, but they don't show it.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:15 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,715,693 times
Quote:
When you are funded by an external group. You at the end of the day cater to them.
Do you have so little integrity that you can be bought like that? Are you effectively owned by your employer because they pay you? Do you vote the way they tell you to vote? Are you a pawn of whatever source of money or income you have? Or do you have the capability of thinking for yourself? Is it possible for you to support things without presuming to be lord and master of the things you support? And most importantly: Do you feel that you are capable of acknowledging that reasonable people disagree about the things for which you have strong feelings, and can you accept that just because people hold perspectives you don't like it doesn't mean that there is anything evil or wrong going on? Do you allow yourself to acknowledge that your opinions and preferences are not the only ones that have legitimacy?

Stop making up nonsense about people you don't like and presenting such corrupt nonsense as fact. It smells of desperation to rationalize an indefensible perspective. There is enough to criticize in BLM (see my earlier messages) without stooping to the inane prevarication you've engaged in clearly intended to make vacuous political smears against people you just simply hate for other reasons.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:51 AM

599 posts, read 402,154 times
I ask the same question every day. What's sad is I'm nineteen and these Black Lives Matter people are forever going to be a burden on society during my generations life time.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:36 AM

811 posts, read 551,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You asserted the GOP was the #WhiteLivesMatter movement. I correctly rebutted that by stating that the GOP wants to give Black adults want they want for their children: school vouchers. That directly contradicts the assertion that the GOP only supports Whites.

I know it is. So how did you get such a simple comparison wrong?

Because people go to jail for more crimes than just murder. How do you not know that?

For example, Blacks committed 52% of homicides (includes more than just murder) between 1980 and 2008, compared to Whites committing 45%.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Not going to bother with your ridiculous assertion that I'm a White supremacist. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Ok. I'm wrong in everything I said. Thank you for answering that question.

My last question is, and I will say everything I said before was utter BS is,

What are you doing for the black community then? If you have all these stats that suggest blacks are murderous and getting killed, what is the motive for you to learn these facts? Do you have any evidence you going to any rough neighborhoods and helping out? and if so and it's that you have a club or an organization can I please have a link? Because if not then you take enjoyment in knowing they're all murderous thugs.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Ok. I'm wrong in everything I said. Thank you for answering that question.

My last question is, and I will say everything I said before was utter BS is,

What are you doing for the black community then?
You clearly have no clue of my posting history. I've advocated for YEARS both online and IRL to give Black adults what 2/3 of them want for their children: school vouchers.

It's a DISGRACE that Dems let this happen because they adamantly REFUSE to give kids a fair chance to pursue equal educational opportunities:

Black students' basic math proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 7%
Basic reading proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 16%

White students' basic math proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 33%
White reading proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 47%

NAEP - Mathematics and Reading 2013

Our country's public schools are a dumbed-down joke anyway, but notice a little difference between the races, there? That SHOULDN'T be happening.

Oh, and if you think it's a funding problem, it isn't. Many of the worst-performing public school districts spend the most money per student. Think Washington, DC, etc.

School Budgets: The Worst Education Money Can Buy | The Fiscal Times

And if you think it's a racial discrimination problem, well... here you go... HERE are the racists:

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies