Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 09:50 AM

89,507 posts, read 45,203,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The Black on Black violence is a totally different beast.
No, it isn't. Blacks are responsible for the murder of other Blacks MUCH more than are the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 10:01 AM

7,108 posts, read 9,029,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it isn't. Blacks are responsible for the murder of other Blacks MUCH more than are the police.
You dont know that. I can speak from the stand point of St. Louis and Chicago. Over 70% of the homicides in St. Louis are unsolved. You don't know if those doing the murdering are Black or not. I know I don't. Speaking facts not Fox.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:01 AM

1,431 posts, read 917,341 times
Quote:
The Black on Black violence is a totally different beast. (1) We need to know where the guns are coming from. (2) We need to know more information on the unsolved homicides in the Black community. There are many missing pieces of the puzzle. (3) In the meantime people like me need to take the time and invest in young people's lives and show them they can have a good career and nice things if they do the right thing.

BLM is needed as well. The police can't police the police. We can't have bad people patrolling our streets with authority to kill. We can't have officers who dont like people and dont respect the community they serve. (3) The no snitching thing needs to be taken care of because it has destroyed the reputation of law enforcement. The system is broken and has to be fixed. Thats why we have Black Lives Matter.

You are more than welcomed to start White Lives Matter to protect Whites against White on White violence or what ever. Dont take down something that another group is doing just because FOX news tells you to.
1. The guns are most likely coming in from dealers that sell untraceable weapons for a slightly higher premium than market value. I had friends that used to do this. They were called gunrunners.
2. You're right; we do need more information on unsolved homicides. But us black people have a "no snitching" code. Take the case of Tyshawn Lee:
Quote:
McCarthy said on Thursday that the department had tried to interview Tyshawn's father, Pierre Stokes, "at least twice" but that Stokes had "made it emphatically clear that he's not cooperating with us."
What We Know About Murder of 9-Year-Old Chicago Boy Killed in Alleged Gang-Related Violence - ABC News

3. I agree with this, but we can't keep protesting for people that were breaking laws and involved in other foolish activities when get get killed. It ruins the credibility of BLM.
4. This goes back to number 2. We want the police to fix their no snitching policy, but we don't wanna address ours. Doesn't that seem a little hypocritical?

Old 12-09-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
You dont know that.
Yes, we DO know that. Look at the statistics:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ender_2013.xls

Show us anything that proves police kill more than 2,245 Blacks each year.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:30 AM

53,219 posts, read 34,992,534 times
Quote:
You dont know that. I can speak from the stand point of St. Louis and Chicago. Over 70% of the homicides in St. Louis are unsolved. You don't know if those doing the murdering are Black or not. I know I don't. Speaking facts not Fox.
yeah, i suspect whitey did all those unsolved murders. facts not fox indeed.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:40 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,708,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Since blacks commit the most murders per person and overwelmingly kill the most black people why don't they protest this since "black lives matter?" If blacks stopped killing blacks it would stop 90% of the black killings.
Simple, it's easier to scapegoat all the police, they wear uniforms and are easily identifiable. If they tried to come out against anyone causing harm to blacks there would be no easily identifiable bogeyman to heap their hate onto.

by naming their group "black lives matter," if you disagree with them, then it's an easy step to assume you're a racist and don't believe black lives matter.

Last edited by OICU812; 12-09-2015 at 11:59 AM..

Old 12-09-2015, 10:47 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,744,999 times
The commission of murder under color of law is fundamentally different from the more typical forms of murder. Under the Civil Rights Act of 1871 (42 U.S.C.A. Section 1983), a murder committed under color of law is effectively a murder committed by the state, and therefore a violation of constitutional rights as well as a violation of civil and human rights. The FBI considers the special status of crimes committed under color of law, the more vigorous pursuit of violators, and more stringent penalties assessed, necessary to the health of the nation's democracy.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The commission of murder under color of law is fundamentally different from the more typical forms of murder.
ALL forms of murder result in death.

Show us anything that proves police kill more than 2,245 Blacks (number of Black on Black murders) each year.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:50 AM

291 posts, read 391,973 times
Quote:
Sorry, but it is a silly argument to suggest that the police or some other secret entity are behind the unsolved murders. The murders are unsolved because the motto in many of those neighborhoods is "Stop Snitching." My neighborhood doesn't have weekly murders. We would turn in anyone who committed a crime no matter what color they were. When the crime plagued neighborhoods do the same, the crime will come to a screetching hault, real estate values will go up, children will stop being corrupted and recruited by gang members, and businesses will move in creating jobs.

We are all in this together. At least that's how it is suppose to be.

Last edited by Buzliteyear; 12-09-2015 at 11:28 AM..

Old 12-09-2015, 10:55 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,744,999 times
The commission of murder under color of law is fundamentally different from the more typical forms of murder, and even if some people cannot bring themselves to admit it, our nation does - explicitly. Again: The FBI considers the special status of crimes committed under color of law, the more vigorous pursuit of violators, and more stringent penalties assessed, necessary to the health of the nation's democracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies