Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 08:49 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Unfortunately there's this little thing called the Constitution that prevents your little hate party from working.
With all the exceptions for the second amendment we make for the sake of safety, I'm sure we can make one for religion.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:50 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
With all the exceptions for the second amendment we make for the sake of safety, I'm sure we can make one for religion.
Really? Who has come to take your guns? Because I know I haven't had anyone ask for mine yet.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:53 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,947 times
Quote:
Unfortunately there's this little thing called the Constitution that prevents your little hate party from working.
The constitution doesn't apply to these Muslims. They hate our freedoms, that is why they kill us. They don't like our freedoms - look how these Muslims treat women. These Muslims hate everything Obama and Clinton fight for, yet liberals defend them?

Old 12-08-2015, 08:59 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,632,362 times
There's a reason some of the gulf states are refusing to take any immigrants. Imagine - parts of the ME refusing to take them yet you think we should because who cares who gets slaughtered as long as it's not you?

Old 12-08-2015, 08:59 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,954,408 times
Our country is heading towards suicide by multiculturalism/diversity.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:08 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,178,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Our country is heading towards suicide by multiculturalism/diversity.
Do tell.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:21 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Really? I don't. If a Christian man treats the women in their church badly he should be removed pronto!
Why would you accept that from anyone? Freedoms stop at the line of abuse. Then we take your freedoms away. Period.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Nope. I'm united with others who say "We know most Muslims are not terrorists and we will not give in to the hate that ISIS so wants the Western world to turn to."
I think you're in a black/white mode of thought with no gray. That's like stating the obvious and saying "all men aren't rapists". Of course that's true. And the vast majority aren't. But there are more than a few who are. And if there's a particular group of men/an area where rapes are occurring much more than average than the general population, you call a duck and duck and monitor more carefully to prevent further rapes from occurring and take necessary actions. One's "freedom" ends when the freedom of others is threatened. The rest of "they want us to do this/that" is noise/nonsense. You react to reality and do things to cut the risk that could potentially cause great harm to a population.

Last edited by stevek64; 12-08-2015 at 09:34 AM..

Old 12-08-2015, 09:26 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,959,724 times
Quote:
Really? Who has come to take your guns? Because I know I haven't had anyone ask for mine yet.
"Yet".

Waiting until something happens to do something about it has never worked to prevent it from happening.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:28 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,954,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Do tell.
Multiculturalism is not consistent with human nature. Humans are animals, and as such, are inclined to prefer to live amongst their own group. Multiculturalism leads to a weaker social fabric due to the constant competition and resentment between groups.

The nation-state as an organizing unit isn't particularly compatible with multiculturalism. The nation-state is state based on a nation, not many nations within a state. The nation-states that are often touted as the most functional, such as Denmark or Norway, are successful due to the fact that they are states comprised of a nation of people with similar cultural and political values.

Highly diverse countries such as a the United States share very few cultural and political values. The various regions of this country do not share very many cultural or political values anymore. With each election, that lack of shared values becomes more stark and apparent. The end result is a political system that barely functions and that no one is happy with.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:33 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,959,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Multiculturalism is not consistent with human nature. Humans are animals, and as such, are inclined to prefer to live amongst their own group. Multiculturalism leads to a weaker social fabric due to the constant competition and resentment between groups.

The nation-state as an organizing unit isn't particularly compatible with multiculturalism. The nation-state is state based on a nation, not many nations within a state. The nation-states that are often touted as the most functional, such as Denmark or Norway, are successful due to the fact that they are states comprised of a nation of people with similar cultural and political values.

Highly diverse countries such as a the United States share very few cultural and political values. The various regions of this country do not share very many cultural or political values anymore. With each election, that lack of shared values becomes more stark and apparent. The end result is a political system that barely functions and that no one is happy with.
Even after WWII, Germany did not rise up to be the powerhouse nation it is in Europe because it sought to be diverse. It became powerful because it recognized the value of a united Germany, not because every other culture was allowed to carve it up for their own purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies