Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 08:00 AM

833 posts, read 657,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I defend the rights of fundamentalist Christians and orthodox Jews too. What is so confusing about it?

You make zero sense. Thank you.

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Right. Because dressing a certain way is the same exact thing as arming themselves! Makes sense.

Correction, I said dressing a certain way does NOT equal the same thing as arming yourself. Read it again.

I disagree with every word you wrote. I think you are moving the goal posts for the religion you feel more comfortable and familiar with.
Try again, I'm not religious. I only respect religions who've earned my respect. Radical Muslims are not on my list.

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Really poor analogies. None of them work at even a basic level.

We are talking about human beings and human rights. We are discussing being totally and completely anti-American, spitting on our constitution and giving in to terrorists - both abroad and domestic.

NO THANK YOU.

That's the problem I have with those who think the way you do. You think human rights of every other group should trump the human rights of our own citizens.

I'll pass. I'd rather not worry about where the next slaughter on our own soil is going to occur.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:03 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
I am not giving in to the bullies by refusing to judge millions of people on the actions of the nitwits. What a preposterous statement on your part.
Please tell me how many Muslims in the world support terrorism, I'll wait.......

Please tell me how many people have been killed by our lack of regulation regarding visas in this country? I'll wait....

Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
We need to ban all religion. They are the true cancer of the human race.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I am not giving in to the bullies by refusing to judge millions of people on the actions of the nitwits. What a preposterous statement on your part.
Who is judging an entire group of people - and who is acting like a bully? Nice slight of hand there in an attempt to silence us.

James Comey has stated there is no way to check those coming in from the Middle East. We cannot vet everyone.

ISIS has stated they have infiltrated other countries through the masses of immigration and would do the same in the U.S.

We cannot keep up with people who are being radicalized and already in our country.

San Bernadino IS going to happen again in other parts of the country.

Allowing any immigrants to enter the country puts us at increased risk.

This has nothing to do with judging a group of people and everything to do with common sense and fact.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:06 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:

What makes you say that?
Honesty.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:09 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
The constitution does not apply to these Muslims. They hate freedom. Look how these Muslims treat their women. Ask Muslims what they think about gay rights or a woman's right to income inequality.
The constitution applies to everyone in the US. Everyone. You and I do not get to limit it to a certain set of people who are more deserving than others, and neither does anyone else, short of an act of Congress. That's the beautiful thing about it. As long as we are enforcing the laws of our land, it does not matter how Muslims treat "their" women , it does not matter what they think about gay rights or about a woman's right to income equality. We are all subject to the same laws.

That said, I find it quite funny when gay rights are brought up in the context of speech on Muslim immigrants. A constitutional ban on gay marriage in my own state was recently overturned by a supreme court ruling, and it wasn't Muslims who pushed the ban forward. Kim Davis became something of a folk hero among Christians here when she refused to follow the law and issue marriage licenses. Sweet Cakes bakery made nearly $400K from crowd sourced donations when they refused to bake a cake for a lesbian couple because it went against their Christian beliefs. I highly doubt all of that money came from Muslims.

We've made each step of progress on human rights issues kicking and screaming. This isn't a Muslim problem. It is a human problem.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:11 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
The Muslim ban does not include Muslims already living in the United States legally.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
The constitution applies to everyone in the US. Everyone. You and I do not get to limit it to a certain set of people who are more deserving than others, and neither does anyone else, short of an act of Congress. That's the beautiful thing about it. As long as we are enforcing the laws of our land, it does not matter how Muslims treat "their" women , it does not matter what they think about gay rights or about a woman's right to income equality. We are all subject to the same laws.

That said, I find it quite funny when gay rights are brought up in the context of speech on Muslim immigrants. A constitutional ban on gay marriage in my own state was recently overturned by a supreme court ruling, and it wasn't Muslims who pushed the ban forward. Kim Davis became something of a folk hero among Christians here when she refused to follow the law and issue marriage licenses. Sweet Cakes bakery made nearly $400K from crowd sourced donations when they refused to bake a cake for a lesbian couple because it went against their Christian beliefs. I highly doubt all of that money came from Muslims.

We've made each step of progress on human rights issues kicking and screaming. This isn't a Muslim problem. It is a human problem.

People aren't discussing the Muslims in the U.S. We're talking about taking in immigrants that will surely include members of ISIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies