Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 10:04 PM

369 posts, read 193,845 times

Advertisements

Here's a typical syllabus from Howard County, Maryland:

http://www.hcpss.org/f/files/curricu...studies_wr.pdf

Old 12-10-2015, 05:16 AM

30,385 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The Sikh religion originated in India to stop the Islamic jihad. Many Sikh Gurus were killed by Muslims.

Americans are ignorant about world religions. Now that they have imported everyone, Americans will have to educate themselves; who is the friend and who the enemy.
Goog point. I respect the Sikhs, not the Perv Prophet's messed up ideas about killing and raping.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,304,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, like you care about what "Bubba" believes in. Good for you. The tolerance is just dripping here. We should all know every religion because people like you think we should. All 4200 religions.

But homeboys have a well-groomed beard. Talk about shallow.
There have been attacks against Sikh people. Right after 9/11 a Sikh was murdered somewhere in the West because he was mistaken for a Muslim. Then there was that Nazi attack on a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, again it seems mainly because the perpetrator couldn't stand sight of people wearing Turbans.

And Bubba was meant as a joke. How about I change it to the "poorly educated redneck who thinks that every person wearing a turban is a Muslim terrorist".

So while knowing every religion is not necessary, understanding who the Sikhs are, given how many of them live in this country, is probably required.

For the record, I was born into a Catholic-Jewish family, so not sure what that "Homeboy" comment is supposed to mean.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:38 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
live and let live-- evil has no boundaries-- we commit murders every hour in the US without involving religion

Very true. However, for a variety of reasons, it bothers me more when people do bad things in the name of religion, than it does if they choose to do bad things on their own.

It's terrible when you decide to murder (or do any other bad thing) someone on your own, but in my opinion, much more frightening are the people who do bad things because someone else (religious book/holy person) told them to do so. Shows they have abdicated their desire and/or ability to govern their own actions.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:14 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
VERY IGNORANT about any culture or religion that is different from their own. Sad.

Holy generalizations!

And, I thought you were on hiatus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies