Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 06:14 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
What does that have to do with what PullMyFinger said?
Are you actually trying to say that, because there are Muslim women in Universities and the workplace, they ARE treated well by the religion?

Let's set radical terrorism aside for the moment. Muslim countries are the largest traffickers in slaves, and women are the biggest victim. 1/4 of all modern day slaves are forced into the sex trades. In Muslim countries if a woman goes out without a male member of the family they can be arrested and/or raped... and it is their fault. Must be wonderful to be born a female into such a warm and loving religion of peace.

Do female suicide bombers get 80 virgin dudes when they die?

Even in death the Islamist's are exploiting women.
I did some independent reading on women in Islam, and some stuff is just abhorrent. Like that the testimony of a woman is equal to half that of a man. There were countless other examples.

From what I read, a lot of the problem is that what Muhammad decreed became enshrined into law permanently. In the 7th century, Islam actually improved the lot and rights of women at the time. But the rest of the world continued to evolve in terms of women's rights in the past 1300 years, so while Islam looked good in 800, a not very much changed Islam looks terrible today.

It's also interesting to note that how strictly this treatment towards women occurs varies amongst majority Muslim nations. For countries on the fringes like Indonesia and Albania, women have quite a few more opportunities than they do in countries closer to Saudi Arabia.

Finally, while women in Muslim societies have it worst than most, I think we need to recognize that the idea of outside of some isolated indigenous societies, women are considered inferior to men worldwide. It's bad in Eastern Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. It's not quite as bad in first world countries, but the idea is still there. We need to focus on progress. I think that despite it being awful, that there are feminists trying to drive change (internally) in the Muslim world, and we need to recognize that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 06:49 PM

15 posts, read 9,146 times
Surely the reason "leftists" support Islam is that Islam wants to destroy Western civilisation, which is what leftits want too. They don't care in the least what replaces it, just as long as they can say "F*** you, mum and dad!"

Old 12-18-2015, 09:50 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_s__s1c View Post
Surely the reason "leftists" support Islam is that Islam wants to destroy Western civilisation, which is what leftits want too. They don't care in the least what replaces it, just as long as they can say "F*** you, mum and dad!"
Even though that was a really brutal way of saying it, it is close to the truth. We've raised a bunch of whiners who care only about what they want. These young radicals are a product of the spare the rod, everyone is a winner, rainbows and unicorns, confusion illusion parenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I did some independent reading on women in Islam, and some stuff is just abhorrent. Like that the testimony of a woman is equal to half that of a man. There were countless other examples.

So basically you agree with what I pointed out. That's cool.

Again I have to ask; what did Muslim women being students and in the workforce have to do with what PullMyFinger said? Intention of meaning doesn't come through well in type at times. So, maybe I'm missing something.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:00 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Not all pit bulls are bad either, but there's a reason they're banned from a lot of cities.
Because you guys are paranoid....so let's get rid of them all just in case

Old 12-18-2015, 10:35 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernassassin View Post
Something that has baffled me is why the Left supports Muslims and Islam so fervently. Just today Michael Moore is outside of Trump Tower holding a sign that says "We are all Muslim" as just one example.

My question to any of the Liberals that read this is.

Why do Liberals defend Muslims and Islam with such a passion when they hold almost the complete opposite world view that you do, they detest gays, subjugate women and children, are typically very religious etc..?

It seems to me that the biggest group that would stand at odds with Muslims & Islam would be the left yet the exact opposite is true.

I'm completely baffled by this, they are vehemently anti-Christian, or at least appear to be and yet they seem to be fervent about not saying anything nasty about Muslims and truth be told, even so called moderate Muslims per polling data in several ME countries think it's ok to kill gays and leaving Islam is punishable by death, I didn't know this til I watched several clips here that Bill Maher was talking about it, I then did a little research on my own as well, Islam doesn't line up with Western values and me saying that doesn't mean to treat the average Muslim poorly, it's just basically let's not live in denial here. I'm not even a fan of Bill Maher, but I think he's the only far left liberal that has got it right on this issue.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:50 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm completely baffled by this, they are vehemently anti-Christian, or at least appear to be and yet they seem to be fervent about not saying anything nasty about Muslims and truth be told, even so called moderate Muslims per polling data in several ME countries think it's ok to kill gays and leaving Islam is punishable by death.
It's basically opposite day. Muslims calling themselves "peaceful" is right in there with authoritarian liberals calling themselves "tolerant"; ACA called "affordable"; RNC being "the party of small government"... proving a claim doesn't make it true.

What would have happened to Serrano if he had urinated on Muhammad?
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...hrist-new-york

Christians are/were outraged, but there was no fatwa pronounced. The artist claims to be a Christian himself. Could you imagine the outrage and revenge against a Muslim artist for doing something like this?

Christianity is a soft target because it is the religion of peace.

Those misguided ideologues refuse to say anything negative about Muslims out of fear. These people seem to fear everything; AGW (hot and cold) end of the world scenarios, food and water shortages, dead oceans, and everything is a war on them (women, minorities, class, income disparity, 1%, Wall Street...etc.) - Like I said, opposite day all the time.

Last edited by steven_h; 12-19-2015 at 10:00 AM..

Old 12-19-2015, 11:22 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Out of about 750,000 refugees that the US has taken in since forever, only 3 have committed terroristic acts. That's .0004%.

As much as I don't like Muslims (I'm gay), I don't want us to throw people back into a burning building.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:17 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Liberals are wrong to say that Muslim immigrants have no bigger problem assimilating than other groups.

Conservatives are wrong to act like all Muslims are terrorist sympathizers. Many Muslims don't follow their religion that closely. Most Muslim women throughout the world don't even wear a head scarf. Get on Google Street view and look around places like Turkey or Malaysia.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:34 PM

53 posts, read 89,287 times
Liberal Logic:

Redneck guy who has an anti-Obama bumper sticker: HORRIBLE person

Muslim who thinks women are chattel and gays should be executed: TOTALLY fine

Old 12-22-2015, 08:57 AM

74 posts, read 91,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_s__s1c View Post
Good luck finding "Safe Spaces" once the radical Islamist take over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies