Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:44 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine62819 View Post
Liberal Logic:

Redneck guy who has an anti-Obama bumper sticker: HORRIBLE person

Muslim who thinks women are chattel and gays should be executed: TOTALLY fine

I don't think that would be considered a liberal policy, conservatives were the ones that disagreed on gays.

conservatives should be more concerned with being struck by lightning than Muslim immigrants, very scared bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 01:10 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernassassin View Post
Something that has baffled me is why the Left supports Muslims and Islam so fervently. Just today Michael Moore is outside of Trump Tower holding a sign that says "We are all Muslim" as just one example.

My question to any of the Liberals that read this is.

Why do Liberals defend Muslims and Islam with such a passion when they hold almost the complete opposite world view that you do, they detest gays, subjugate women and children, are typically very religious etc..?

It seems to me that the biggest group that would stand at odds with Muslims & Islam would be the left yet the exact opposite is true.
Tolerance.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:15 PM

4 posts, read 4,560 times
All groups of people enteri this country to escape. To escape and search for a life free of many things. Fanaticism, persecution, and poverty to name a few. Of these groups there will always be a minority of those that will end up in criminal activities or corrupt activities. Bad apples. Maybe it is organized crime that fueled the drug war, illegal gambling, prostitution, union control etc... or maybe the 1% of Americans who control the vast majority of our countries wealth that produce the people telling bold face LIES about the definite existence of weapons of mass destruction in countries so we can invade them. So those greedy, disgraceful, and shameless few can profit from being invested jn supplying what we need to invade these places. What the more average American supplied were their sons and daughter lives as they were killed by the thousand.

Do think of your ancestors background and where they came from.. Most likely they came for a legitimate and respectable reason but of that group there will be some that fell into crime, scam, corruption and the like. It is American to be be a free country to all that want to abide to the law, but to have weeded out all that may be involved in crime, corruption, terrorism is impossible. To lump any group as 100% unacceptable would mean we would have to in the past ban Irish, Italians, Hispanics, Germans, etc,etc,etc

So what percentage of muslims do you believe are terrorists? 100%, 10%, 1%, .0001% or .0000001% or less?
So what percentage of Italians do you believe are Mafia? 100%, 10%, 1%, .0001% or .0000001%or less ?
So what percentage of Germans do you believe are Nazis? 100%, 10%, 1%, .0001% or .0000001 or less
So what percentage of Colombians do you believe are drug lords? 100%, 10%, 1%, .0001% or .0000001% or less ?
So what percentage of Irish do you believe are scamming Irish travelers? 100%, 10%, 1%, .0001% or .0000001%or less ?
So what percentage of Mexicans do you believe are rapists? 100%, 10%, 1%, .0001% or .0000001% or less?

this list could be endless

Last edited by inimret; 12-30-2015 at 04:36 PM..

Old 12-30-2015, 04:40 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
I just looooooovve posts like the OP's that assume that everyone who identifies as liberal is part of one giant hive mind. Here's a heads up: people are individuals whose political affiliations should not be used to assume their stance on any one issue. This goes for conservatives as well as liberals and all other parties. I've been unaffiliated for my entire voting life because of this nonsense. I know where I stand on the issues, but I resent the idea that if I declare myself a member of any particular party I will be assumed to speak for everyone else in the party. I don't. As I said, I am an individual whose positions are informed by my life experiences, and I reserve the right to change my mind as I see fit.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:00 PM

4 posts, read 4,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Typical liberal anti-logic. But do enlghten us about those Christian nations that forbid women to appear n public without being covered head to toe, and forbidden to drive cars, and not allowed to attend school, and beaten for daring to actually talk to a male that isn't a family member? Also, please identify those Christians who call for the execution of homosexuals, and pretty much everyone else who wont convert to Islam?

And, please point out those Christian ministers who have spoken out like the Muslim Cleric and professor at a Tennesee University who recently called all christians the most evil of all evils, dirty filthy substances, urine and feces, for which Muslims may take their lives and property should they refuse to convert? This maniacal muslim monster was labeled by Time Magazine as one of the most influencial Islamic clerics in the USA.

Liberalism is a mental disorder, and the support of Islam is irrefutable proof of that.
I guess you don't leave Texas much or have many muslims living there. I live in New York City and have traveled the world. The vast majority of Muslim women in NYC and around the world do not keep their heads covered and are educated. I talk to muslim men and women every day that may own businesses here or maybe on a bus ride. They are not radical nor are supportive of radical Muslim groups. They are really embarrassed and sorry about the radicals. We all live here with an incredible tolerance and acceptance for each other and our differences. The assimilation of all groups together of different types is what promotes peaceful existence.

If you want to see Christian leaders in our country preaching subjugation of women and death to gays, just do a search on YouTube. .
Here's examples of both:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbqlvbAgIX8[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIE0vqk6Uo[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMkZ02NrxP8[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dPbvxrv3bY[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN4dRJCG2Zo[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ugVyuRUv0[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQv7jHyN08[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJcd3F-HPY[/url]

Last edited by inimret; 12-30-2015 at 06:09 PM..

Old 12-31-2015, 09:58 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimret View Post
I guess you don't leave Texas much or have many muslims living there. I live in New York City and have traveled the world. The vast majority of Muslim women in NYC and around the world do not keep their heads covered and are educated. I talk to muslim men and women every day that may own businesses here or maybe on a bus ride. They are not radical nor are supportive of radical Muslim groups. They are really embarrassed and sorry about the radicals. We all live here with an incredible tolerance and acceptance for each other and our differences. The assimilation of all groups together of different types is what promotes peaceful existence.

If you want to see Christian leaders in our country preaching subjugation of women and death to gays, just do a search on YouTube. .

[/url]
Good points. I'm also well traveled (over 80 countries on six continents at last count.) I live in Philly which is a diverse city.

I am a liberal. We liberals understand the right wingers paint a caricature of what they think we believe. It is a bogus idea of our beliefs.

First of all, I do not admire the religion of Islam nor the treatment of women, gay people, or non-Muslims in Islamic countries. They are backwards and corrupt ... and ... often barbaric.

Second, I am a strong supporter of Israel. Israel is a multi-party democracy that treats women and gay people well. LGBT Palestinians flee to Israel to escape persecution and even death in their own communities.

The majority of Jewish people in North America are liberals ... and support Israel.

Third, Muslims living in the US are covered by the Constitution and the laws of this land. Some of my neighbors are Muslim. The ones I know are good people. Law abiding people. They are respectful and friendly to their Christian and Jewish (and Buddhist and Hindu, for that matter) neighbors. I am annoyed by the demonizing Islamophobia that is expressed here in C-D.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:08 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
That is nonsense. This is why I generally refrain from identifying with liberals or conservatives, though libertarian leaning. Both sides are too extreme half of the time. How are we Muslim? Does he even understand what Islam entails? Just no.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:12 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Left stands with the Constitution.

Somebody better hurry up and remind Barack Obama about that.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:22 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Somebody better hurry up and remind Barack Obama about that.
Sure, let's do that. And while we're at it, a lot of people around here should also be reminded that The Constitution doesn't begin and end with the 2nd Amendment.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:19 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernassassin View Post
Something that has baffled me is why the Left supports Muslims and Islam so fervently.
I wouldn't call it "fervent."

But liberals think that Muslims should be treated like Christians or Jews, that they are not an inherently "Bad" group of people.

Quote:
Just today Michael Moore is outside of Trump Tower holding a sign that says "We are all Muslim" as just one example.
Michael Moore might be a 'liberal', but his views don't represent liberals.

Quote:
My question to any of the Liberals that read this is.

Why do Liberals defend Muslims and Islam with such a passion when they hold almost the complete opposite world view that you do, they detest gays, subjugate women and children, are typically very religious etc..?
Because this country has freedom of religion.

It is one of the most important parts of the U.S. Constitution, both in law and in spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies