Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 09:43 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is a discussion, nothing more.

Why don`t we instead stop using Ozone depleting chemicals and wait until about 2050 when existing levels of CFCs and other Ozone destroying chemicals in the Stratosphere are scheduled to taper off......oh, wait!

I forgot!

We already did ban these substances, Tropospheric warming and Stratospheric cooling have already started to stabilize and return to pre-1970s temperatures and we apparently only need to continue not doing what we were doing before the Montreal Protocol banned a host of Ozone destroying chemicals to get things back to normal (warmer Stratosphere, cooler Troposphere) by the 2060s.

The World We Avoided by Protecting the Ozone Layer : Feature Articles

Old 12-27-2015, 09:47 AM

658 posts, read 1,143,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Chances are that we'll resolve majority of the man-made contributions to climate change before any of this happens. There's little that can be done about the natural contributions... but that moves too slowly to be meaningful.
how do you propose we remove the CO2 we've already put into the atmosphere and oceans?

pro-tip: you'll win a nobel prize (or two or three) if your solution works.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
When I was in school in the late 1970's the BIG "climate" worry was "global cooling". So I DON'T take the "global warming" thing real serious at all.

no, it wasn't.
https://www.skepticalscience.com/ice...s-in-1970s.htm

Old 12-27-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
tasted good when it was available, but that was before the world wide flood

this can be an issue for sure, however i think there will be ways around this as well. some one will figure a way to save the bee population, probably by creating enclosed areas where bees can thrive in captivity, in huge green houses.

and how does that solve the issue of the role bees serve in an ecosystem?

Old 12-27-2015, 09:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Why don`t we instead stop using Ozone depleting chemicals and wait until about 2050 when existing levels of CFCs and other Ozone destroying chemicals in the Stratosphere are scheduled to taper off......oh, wait!

I forgot!

We already did ban these substances, Tropospheric warming and Stratospheric cooling have already started to stabilize and return to pre-1970s temperatures and we apparently only need to continue not doing what we were doing before the Montreal Protocol banned a host of Ozone destroying chemicals to get things back to normal (warmer Stratosphere, cooler Troposphere) by the 2060s.

The World We Avoided by Protecting the Ozone Layer : Feature Articles
I remember that Ozone mess because of the AC Freon doing nasty things. There was def a "cause and effect' thing going on and, the timelines of heavy Freon release AND ozone loss followed each other line for line so there WAS probable cause to take action.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:53 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes I do....Please post any scientific study that confirms what you found on the denial site (Ironically named "Real science") and your Zombie site...

Steven Goddard (pseudonym for Tony Heller) is a blogger and the publisher of "Real Science," a website he established to promulgate his assertions that concerns over anthropogenic global warming are unfounded. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Goddard

More on Tony Heller (alias Steven Goddard) steven goddard | Climate Denial Crock of the Week

Try this site for the real story.... The 1970s Ice Age Myth and Time Magazine Covers – by David Kirtley – Greg Laden's Blog

By the way I do not believe the OP in the least...Our food supply will be just fine.
Thanks for deconstructing the nonsense.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:55 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
So far the AGW alarmists have been consistently wrong. Based on that clear and reliable trend, they will be wrong on this too.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:03 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When the agreement was signed in France who was front and center in practically every report? Al Gore.
Really? Never saw, or heard, anything about Al Gore, not once.

Interesting, at least to me, that you would hear about him in every report. What this tells me is you read denialist reports on climate change, and they still are bringing up Al Gore, which is not surprising, because most denialist reports conflate science with politics.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So far the AGW alarmists have been consistently wrong. Based on that clear and reliable trend, they will be wrong on this too.

do you have evidence that CO2 does not have IR active vibrational modes, or that is a product of combusting fossil fuels?

Old 12-27-2015, 10:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Really? Never saw, or heard, anything about Al Gore, not once.
I tried to not pay attention but there he was.....front and center.

Quote:
Interesting, at least to me, that you would hear about him in every report. What this tells me is you read denialist reports on climate change, and they still are bringing up Al Gore, which is not surprising, because most denialist reports conflate science with politics.
I believe I was watching the NBC nightly news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies