Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 03:28 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I would say that refusing to deliver alcohol has a huge impact on the business. It inconveniences them, in that they must have another driver do the job the Muslim driver refuses to do.

The Muzzies are in the wrong here, and so is the EEOC. What if they were required to deliver meat to a market? Would they refuse to handle pork?

This is a good point. The commerce clause was used by the Supreme Court to require private property business owners to not discriminate on who they provide goods and services to. By the same token the commerce clause would surely be violated by allowing muslims to refuse to fulfill their commerce duties.

If the commerce clause doesn't apply to muslims hired to provide commerce, then the whole civil rights act shouldnt be enforceable on private individuals.

The EEOC is trying to have it both ways and a double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 04:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Aw, shucks. The poor Christians have it so tough. Suck it up buttercup.

BTW - I would let Muslim businessmen not sell alcohol unless they did not sell it to anyone.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:42 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
When you are hiring anyone for a job, tell them what is expected of them, in this case, loading, handling, delivering beer, ask them if they have any kind of problem with that, and have them sign a statement and have them put in their own handwriting that they understand they will load, handle, deliver beer, have no problem doing so. I'd even consider videotaping it, letting the applicant know they are being videotaped.

These guys knew their job was to deliver beer when they were hired. They knew this was a beer distributing company. Unless employers are going to be forced to hire Muslims to stand around, lest they get sued, they are going to have to get a lot more savvy in dealing with this.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So saith someone who has never known life as a minority.
Homosexuals are NOT a "minority." They are deviants. Period.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-31-2015 at 11:52 AM..

Old 12-31-2015, 05:15 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,341,304 times
The difference here is simple. In the case of the Christians, they had turned down service and discriminated against the couple AND had released information about the couple which resulted in harassment and death threats.

The Muslims refused to transport something.

Not even in the same ballpark!

Old 12-31-2015, 05:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well now we are getting to the real core of the discussion, gays are sinners. I imagine the point of view of the bakers is in line with yours and that is why they are out of business. Perfectly fine to post irrational opinions here but not good for businesses.
They are deviants. And it is not an "irrational opinion."

The only reason it is "not good for business" is because of oppressive government that tramples on the right to religious liberty. This is a government that is out of control, that has perverted even our Constitution, finding rights that are not there, and declaring marriage applicable to persons of the same sex! What's next? Polygamy? Will a person one day be allowed to "marry" their dog?

This goes way beyond sin. This is pure evil doing it's work to destroy society, and the lives of people who are decent.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:24 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Certainly.

To me, I just don't understand why it is such a big deal to go to another store.

If my cashier is a Muslim who refuses to sell me liquor, I would find it inconvenient, but I will go to another store.

A baker does not want to sell this kind of cake,

http://images.weddingcollectibles.co...e-Toppers-.jpg

I just don't know why it is such a big deal? Go to another bakery, I would say majority of the bakeries would not mind to take your money.

A lot of conflicts should be avoided if people can just leave each other alone. Labeling people or starting a movement really won't solve anything.
I am with you on this. Personally I would appreciate if a baker, convenience store owner, TV salesman, etc. told me they didn't want to do business with me because I am either X, Y, or Z. One of my biggest pet peeves is that I am required to blindly support bigots because the government doesn't allow these individuals to express their bigotry.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:35 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Why can't people just go where they're wanted and fit in? Why do they force themselves on people who they don't even like to begin with? When I went to the supermarket for shopping for Christmas dinner I decided to drive a couple miles to a surburb outside of the city. The store was somewhat packed and everyone was white. It was so calm, peaceful and pleasant. None of all the hatred, hostility and dirty looks in the 'multicultural' city supermarket. Then it hit me this is how it was all the time right in my neighborhood in the city about 15 years ago, now completely 'multiculturalized' and 'diversified' into an unpleasant and hostile dystopian within a decade or so.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:31 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Business owners or employees do not get to refer gay people to other bakeries. Owners do not get to claim reasonable accomodation and send patrons away that has nothing to do with reasonable accomodation. But if you think that owners are within their rights claiming accomodation then bring it up to the EEO.
Muslim cashiers do not get to refuse to ring up pork products. Muslim women do not get to keep their hijab on when going through TSA security checkpoints.

Oops... Apparently Muslims have First Amendment Rights but Christians don't? Either First Amendment Rights for all or such Rights for none.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:43 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A special order cake doesn't have a sexuality orientation. Straight and gay people order the same types of custom wedding cakes. So again, no religious rules are being violated if a business sells custom wedding cakes.
Incorrect. There are religions which forbid SSM:

Where Christian churches, other religions stand on gay marriage | Pew Research Center

Bakers, just like everyone else, have the First Amendment Right to exercise their religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies