Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support more restrictions on firearms?
Yes 64 52.89%
No 57 47.11%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 09:08 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Majority? You mean people that live in California and People that live in NY state the rest of the states do not want it.
I think you mean NYC, as I'm sure the hunters that live in upstate NY love their firearms just as much as the rest of us.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:42 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Yep, those gun laws work.

Houston and Chicago are about the same size. Same demographics, No gun stores in Chicago. About 1700 places in Houston to buy a gun. Chicago gun homicides 1800 a year. Houston 200 a year.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:50 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I'm a police officer. If someone gave the order to round up guns, we'd laugh at it. We aren't concerned with what Obama wants. I work and live in a state with Conservative leadership that recently made it legal to have a gun in your car without a permit. We aren't taking guns away anytime soon. I do agree with stricter background checks and a few other changes, but I would never participate in taking guns away from law-abiding citizens.
Really? So you would DISOBEY THE LAW and FAIL TO ENFORCE THE LAW? Which is your job to uphold? You're going to risk getting fired and losing your pension? Or are you saying law enforcement in your area is so corrupt that you could get away with it?

Or maybe it's a moot point because if the law changed, those folks would no longer be law-abiding? Please clarify.

Old 01-01-2016, 01:21 PM

13,267 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
I think you mean NYC, as I'm sure the hunters that live in upstate NY love their firearms just as much as the rest of us.
The problem there is NYC controls the state look at what they did when the rammed the the NY Safe act banned mags from 10 to 7 rounds as a knee jerk response to Sandy Hook. Lucky for you guys federal judge through the law out didn't now that until today. What happens is these city's draw in and concentrate the social liberal and get control the the entire state %51 vote. You see stuff like large soft drinks being banned, and employers calling someone a he when they want to be called a She it's Social Liberal want to nanny state you.

Old 01-01-2016, 01:59 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
So will this new law come with a fine if it is ignored?

Old 01-01-2016, 03:00 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The Obama Derangement Syndrome brigade is at it again, ignoring (or clueless of) the fact that President Obama is issuing executive orders at the lowest rate of anyone since the first Presidency of Grover Cleveland - which ended in 1889.

Executive Orders

THAT. ^^^

Executive orders are perfectly legal. Every president uses them. A simple Google search will prove beyond doubt that President Obama has issued fewer than most other modern presidents. He has used FAR fewer than Ronald Reagan did, for example. And Reagan did not inherit a war and an economic depression.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ecutive_orders

The OP's outrage is simply out of line.

Last edited by Jukesgrrl; 01-01-2016 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 01-01-2016, 03:29 PM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
THAT. ^^^

Executive orders are perfectly legal. Every president uses them. A simple Google search will prove beyond doubt that President Obama has issued fewer than most other modern presidents. He has used FAR fewer than Ronald Reagan did, for example. And Reagan did not inherit a war and an economic depression.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ecutive_orders

The OP's outrage is simply out of line.
Reagan inherited 14% or greater inflation, surging interest rates and a serious recession so you're just wrong. And Obama's orders are in areas where Congress has specifically declined to legislate. He is a dictator as well as a traitor.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:29 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Oh sweet Jesus.

I'm a Texan. (Yeah, I'm just going to mention that first, because as far as gun owners goes, there's no doubt we're leading the nation in gun ownership per capita.) I own several guns, even the prerequisite AR-15.

The gun laws in this country are ridiculous. To buy my AR-15, I went online and ordered it, then had it delivered to my local FFL dealer. Then I had to fill out their paperwork, and then pass the background check. Everything checked out, and I got my gun.

Let's say I lose my job next month and I decide to sell my AR15 to make ends meet. I can post it online on a local forum, I can sell it in a garage sale, I can sell it to whoever I want... WITH NO BACKGROUND CHECK WHATSOEVER.

It's a HUGE hole in the law, and it needs to be fixed. All gun transactions need to be going through an FFL, who can do the proper background checks.

I am so sick and tired of idiotic gun nuts screaming about how this is "against the constitution" or "infringing upon my rights."

If you're buying your guns legally, this won't affect you AT ALL. It will only affect the people who shouldn't have access to guns in the first place.

Thank you!!! A moment of clarity! Drink it before it goes flat, everyone!

Old 01-01-2016, 03:51 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Not sure why the gun fetishists stress so much. No way will 'Murica ever have any semblance of gun control. With a runaway NRA and a glut of uneducated, close minded, bigoted , Fox News-worshipping, automatons (commonly referred to as "Republicans") being allowed to reproduce and vote, there will always be plenty of guns for them to fellatiate for many years to come!!

Old 01-01-2016, 04:46 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy
Hasn't been announced yet....not even a date when it might be announced.
He knows it will probably cause a BIG rokus!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies