Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support more restrictions on firearms?
Yes 64 52.89%
No 57 47.11%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 07:10 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,525 times

Advertisements

This sociopath needs to be stopped period.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:13 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post

So far, I'm not restricted in the slightest to buy a gun. So no, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you're a law abiding citizen, it is no trouble to get a gun.

Most of us don't have the ability to do that. But you know what? A little white lie goes a long way.

More BS? You just posted this in your other post. :

"I really don't understand the stupidity of some gun owners, I really don't. Every gun owner should want access to guns restricted as much as possible to law abiding citizens."

You say your Not Restricted, but said that you would Restrict "Law Abiding Citizens" as "MUCH AS POSSIBLE? Do you really expect anyone to think your not an anti-Gun Activist? ?

You also just said: "A little white lie goes a long way." Don't believe that. It didn't go too far here at all.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No way that our sheriff would confiscate guns. He urges us to carry. He runs the classes and qualifications and just lowered the price for both.

Sounds like ours.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:20 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You say everyone is stupid, yet say that Gun Ownership to Law Abiding Citizens should be restricted as much as possible? That's a "Hoot." Don't use that word again, until you recognize it.
Oh look, one of those stupid gun owners I'm talking about. If you can't comprehend the english language, you probably shouldn't be posting.

What I said was, "Every gun owner should want access to guns restricted as much as possible to law abiding citizens."

Meaning, only law abiding citizens should be able to get them.

Didn't bother reading the rest of the idiocy.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
More BS? You just posted this in your other post. :

"I really don't understand the stupidity of some gun owners, I really don't. Every gun owner should want access to guns restricted as much as possible to law abiding citizens."

You say your Not Restricted, but said that you would Restrict "Law Abiding Citizens" as "MUCH AS POSSIBLE? Do you really expect anyone to think your not an anti-Gun Activist? ?

You also just said: "A little white lie goes a long way." Don't believe that. It didn't go too far here at all.
I'm just going to assume English isn't your first language. Reason doesn't seem to be one of your top skills either.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:26 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
It's not the number but how he pushes his authority to write law without congress. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Rules Against Obama's Executive Actions on Immigration - The Atlantic

Obama wants to stop private sales or transfers of firearms he can't do that with exec order he might try it. Won't hold up in court. Even if he was able to it will have zero impact on gun violence. They actually use the Straw purchase of the San Bernardo Terror attack as an example, but those guys arn't going to follow the law and have the rifle legally transfered before committing mass murder.
Funny, I don't recall the supporters of the documented worst president of the past 100 years, Mr. George "WTC" Bush, carping and whining as he perverted our democracy. So funny how that works.

Obama rescued this nation from the Huns, the misfits and degenerates of the Bush regime, and were there the opportunity, I would gladly vote for him a third time.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Oh look, one of those stupid gun owners I'm talking about. If you can't comprehend the english language, you probably shouldn't be posting.

What I said was, "Every gun owner should want access to guns restricted as much as possible to law abiding citizens."

Meaning, only law abiding citizens should be able to get them.

Didn't bother reading the rest of the idiocy.

No need to get your Drawers in a knot, and start with Personal Attacks, just because I pointed out your contradictions. I know what you said.

You want Law Abiding Citizens to get Guns, but want to make it as hard as possible? What kind of nonsense is that?

What sane person would think restricting Law Abiding Citizens is going to keep Criminals from having guns or fix anything? Lunacy.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I'm just going to assume English isn't your first language. Reason doesn't seem to be one of your top skills either.

Whoa!! Seems we do think the same on something. I was thinking the same thing when I read your posts.

How would you fix "Drunk Driving?" Stop or restrict sober Drivers from buying Cars?

Old 01-01-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
No need to get your Drawers in a knot, and start with Personal Attacks, just because I pointed out your contradictions. I know what you said.

You want Law Abiding Citizens to get Guns, but want to make it as hard as possible? What kind of nonsense is that?

What sane person would think restricting Law Abiding Citizens is going to keep Criminals from having guns or fix anything? Lunacy.
That isn't what I said at all. Thank you for being a fine example of an idiot gun nut. Par for the course.

Why am I not surprised you live in Maryland, pretty much the violent gun crime capital of the US these days. Must be due to all that common sense you guys seem to possess up there.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:56 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Does it matter how many more laws it takes? The laws we have are broken and need to be fixed. It doesn't matter to law abiding citizens how many laws or how many patches we need because we're still going to be able to get our guns.
Then lets provide laws that make sense, not more that hurts us law abiding people.

Are you sure about that? When there are so many laws....we may not be able to....

Quote:
Now read back earlier in this thread. My proposal to have either jail time or a very stiff fine associated to anyone who sells a gun to another individual without a background check. That would have come into play in this latest California Muslim case, because he let the suspects have access to guns that he bought legally. That was irresponsible, and people died because of it. There should be consequences. If you buy a gun, you should be responsible for its safe keeping, until you no longer own that gun. No exceptions. If you aren't using your guns, keep them locked up.
You logic is flawed, the guy bought the guns legally with a background check. It was only found out after the fact, so it would not have impacted anything in CA.....period....

Quote:
So far, I'm not restricted in the slightest to buy a gun. So no, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you're a law abiding citizen, it is no trouble to get a gun. The trouble is that if you're NOT a law abiding citizen, it's also no trouble to get a gun.
Yet you follow the law and those others do not, so why add more laws that you have to follow?

Quote:
As an aside, I have an uncle of mine who used to work for the FBI. He is retired now, has a lot of guns, and enjoys hunting and shooting. On occasion, he's sold some of his guns to people before. When he did, he would always ask them for their driver's license, and then he'd call up his buddy to go a quick check to see if they were a felon or not. He didn't want to be responsible for his guns ending up in the wrong hands.
As many responsible guns owners do right now, I know I do....but I don't have the luxury to call old friends, however, as MANY do right now, and I, if you don't have a current CCP, you don't get anything from me.

Quote:
Most of us don't have the ability to do that. But you know what? A little white lie goes a long way. I always asked for a driver's license, and made a copy of it and wrote a bill of sale for any gun I sold. Even something as little as that is not required! About 10 years ago, I was looking to sell one of my hand guns. Someone came over to see it, I asked for their Driver's License and told them I was going to make a copy... and then I told them I was going to do a background check as well, because this kid didn't look like he was all that reputable (looked like he was on drugs).
Oh, you mean you do what most responsible owners are doing? Good for you...

Quote:
He freaked out and said that he was having second thoughts, just give him his license back, and he'd think about it and call me. Never heard from him again. Most likely, he damn well knew he wasn't going to pass a background check.
Not sure what make you so special? Do you really think you are the only gun owner that does that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies