Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Get rid of welfare and govt insurance schemes and people can go back to doing whatever they want to themselves, minus the moral hazard of making their neighbor pay for it.
Redundancy alert.

Government insurance schemes. All government is a scheme. All insurance is a scheme.

There is no private AND public sector. There is a mafia conglomerate known as the statist crony capitalist machine.

The sooner you "small government" or "anti-fed government" right wing statist cons dump the idiotic notion that capitalism is a feasible concept in a socially contracted/involuntary government society the sooner we can open up the means of production to the masses and let true capitalism flow.

Until then you are simply micro-managing the gangsters the way you see fit. It makes you no better than the mainstream libs you despise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 02:45 PM

50,829 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Here we go, another beat-up-on-fat-people thread, under the guise of "the epidemic of obesity." Time to load up the mindless venom and have a go at the fatties. Stupid and weak-minded...maybe we should put them in camps, you know, tuck them away so the rest of us don't have to be offended. Revoke their driving licenses...make those fat bastards walk wherever they go. I'm sure there will more great ideas.
You should have added

1. a beat up on liberals
2. a beat up on progressives

Old 01-12-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Proliferation of cheap food.

Local market has Kraft Mac and Cheese on sale this week for .59.
Soda ( my personal downfall) is 4 cases/$10, must buy 4.
Burger King is offering a Whopper BOGO.
Mc Donalds introduced a 2 for $2 menu.
All you can eat buffets proliferate.
TGIF and Olive Garden mails BOGO entree coupons.
Little Caesars ( and other national pizza pie chains) routinely offer $5 pizza or BOGO.
In other words, it's the fault of big business. Down with big business and the Republicans who support big business.

Only kidding.

Sort of.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Anyone who doesn't have a problem being told, 'we have topass it to find out what is in it" is probabaly a democrat who doesn't mind being told lies and sees no need to even ask questions. You can keep your doctor, period! who knew obama didn't mean those words, oh, okay, so what, Obama has my best intentions in mind.
I hate to tell you this, but of my friends who are fat, the majority are Republicans.

If you have some actual evidence that no Republicans/conservatives are fat, and all fat people are Democrats/liberals, let me know.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:25 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Women use significantly more health care services than men sans hospitalization.
Not healthy women compared to obese men.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:31 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I hate to tell you this, but of my friends who are fat, the majority are Republicans.

If you have some actual evidence that no Republicans/conservatives are fat, and all fat people are Democrats/liberals, let me know.
It IS true that most on food stamps are Democrats.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-etGndwrXG_...00/maxwell.png

Source: Campbell Public Affairs Institute: The Maxwell Poll

And THIS is what we know about obesity and food stamps:

Income-eligible adults who get food stamps: 44% obese
Income-eligible adults who don't get food stamps: 33% obese
Non-poor adults who of course don't even qualify for food stamps: 32% obese

Exacerbated by this fact... 59% of families on food stamps simultaneously get benefits from 2 or more major free food programs for the exact same daily meals. For example, they stack food stamp and free school breakfast and lunch (and sometimes even dinner, too, if the kids are in an after school program) benefits (free school meals are provided year round, not just during the school year). That fact published by the USDA OIG.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/ops/NHANES-SNAP07-10.pdf

http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/27001-0001-10.pdf

Old 01-12-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It IS true that most on food stamps are Democrats.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-etGndwrXG_...00/maxwell.png

Source: Campbell Public Affairs Institute: The Maxwell Poll

And THIS is what we know about obesity and food stamps:

Income-eligible adults who get food stamps: 44% obese
Income-eligible adults who don't get food stamps: 33% obese
Non-poor adults who of course don't even qualify for food stamps: 32% obese

Exacerbated by this fact... 59% of families on food stamps simultaneously get benefits from 2 or more major free food programs for the exact same daily meals. For example, they stack food stamp and free school breakfast and lunch (and sometimes even dinner, too, if the kids are in an after school program) benefits (free school meals are provided year round, not just during the school year). That fact published by the USDA OIG.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/ops/NHANES-SNAP07-10.pdf

http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/27001-0001-10.pdf
So you're saying 32% of Republicans are fat. I accept that.
Donald Trump is overweight. And then there's Chris Christie; is he on food stamps?

Last edited by phetaroi; 01-12-2016 at 04:34 PM..

Old 01-12-2016, 03:51 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Yes.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:48 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Women use significantly more health care services than men sans hospitalization. The added costs are shared across gender lines via premiums according to the crony capitalist society you believe in.

When can I expect you to commit suicide to stop "stealing" from me? Don't be a deadbeat on me now Informed Consent!
THINK about the bolded! Actually take some time and use your brain. Why is it that men end up needing more hospitalization? Using health care services for preventive care to prevent letting illness get to the point of hospitalization SAVES money. It's also true, as has been pointed out, that healthy women are ultimately much less of a drain on our heath care resources.

Last edited by detshen; 01-12-2016 at 04:58 PM..

Old 01-12-2016, 06:20 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Women use significantly more health care services than men sans hospitalization. The added costs are shared across gender lines via premiums according to the crony capitalist society you believe in.

When can I expect you to commit suicide to stop "stealing" from me? Don't be a deadbeat on me now Informed Consent!
Well up until Obamacare reared its ugly head my state allowed we greedy women to be charged more for their policies. I privately insure my children, 2 boys and 1 girl. I paid more for my daughter for years. Now this is not allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies