Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:55 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Redundancy alert.

Government insurance schemes. All government is a scheme. All insurance is a scheme.

There is no private AND public sector. There is a mafia conglomerate known as the statist crony capitalist machine.

The sooner you "small government" or "anti-fed government" right wing statist cons dump the idiotic notion that capitalism is a feasible concept in a socially contracted/involuntary government society the sooner we can open up the means of production to the masses and let true capitalism flow.

Until then you are simply micro-managing the gangsters the way you see fit. It makes you no better than the mainstream libs you despise.
That's funny I was called left wing just the other day, and I assure you I'm no statist lol
Fine rant though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 07:49 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Not only are there a lot of fatties, look at how many people believe mythologies to be true, ie religion. This planet is infested with fools.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:55 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not healthy women compared to obese men.
The existence of your vagina automatically increases premiums. Preventative care and routine maintenance are included. That's the point.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:57 PM

1,329 posts, read 831,588 times
On the subject of food and obesity... food stamps does not cover enough to eat a well-balanced diet of fresh fruits and vegetables. And the government subsidies agricultural commodities such as wheat and corn. So its not surprising poor people tend to eat potato chips instead of broccoli.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:24 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So you're saying 32% of Republicans are fat. I accept that.
And a higher percentage of Dems are obese, given that adults who receive food stamps have a 44% obesity rate. .

Old 01-13-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
The existence of your vagina automatically increases premiums.
Not as much as the presence of obesity in a man. PLUS, 14% of all men develop prostate cancer at some point in their lives.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
On the subject of food and obesity... food stamps does not cover enough to eat a well-balanced diet of fresh fruits and vegetables. And the government subsidies agricultural commodities such as wheat and corn. So its not surprising poor people tend to eat potato chips instead of broccoli.
Think it through...

Income-eligible adults who get food stamps: 44% obesity rate.
Income-eligible adults who do not get food stamps: 33% obesity rate.

If what you were saying were the cause of obesity, the obesity rate would be higher amond the 2nd group who have even less resources to buy healthy foods. It isn't.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:26 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You know what's interesting is how freaked out people get over the use of butter and other fats. A teaspoon of butter or olive oil used to cook a two-egg omelet is not the problem, and a little bit of fat for breakfast might just keep you from inhaling a 600-calorie frozen cappuccino at 10 am, a 1200-calorie burrito for lunch, and a 400-calorie candy bar as an afternoon snack.
I eat a ketogenic (low carb) diet and can never go back to starving on a low-fat, calorie counting diet ever again. I had an egg and sausage patties for breakfast this morning, and I'll be fine until noon thanks to the fats in those food. When I have a 'cheat day' and eat a huge bowl of cereal and toast for breakfast, I'm hungry by 10:00 a.m. In addition, I'll lose in a week on keto what I'd lose in a month on a calorie-counting diet, while being less hungry all the time.

We stripped satiating fats from our foods because the government told us fat=bad, carbs=good. The food reacted by replacing fat with sugar in 'diet' foods (because taking out the fat made stuff taste awful, and there's no 'fat' in sugar). Remember how some candies would put "a fat-free food" on their label?

Unhealthy margarine took the place of natural, healthy butter. And now we're all fatter than ever because we stopped eating fat.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:03 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I eat a ketogenic (low carb) diet and can never go back to starving on a low-fat, calorie counting diet ever again. I had an egg and sausage patties for breakfast this morning, and I'll be fine until noon thanks to the fats in those food. When I have a 'cheat day' and eat a huge bowl of cereal and toast for breakfast, I'm hungry by 10:00 a.m. In addition, I'll lose in a week on keto what I'd lose in a month on a calorie-counting diet, while being less hungry all the time.

We stripped satiating fats from our foods because the government told us fat=bad, carbs=good. The food reacted by replacing fat with sugar in 'diet' foods (because taking out the fat made stuff taste awful, and there's no 'fat' in sugar). Remember how some candies would put "a fat-free food" on their label?

Unhealthy margarine took the place of natural, healthy butter. And now we're all fatter than ever because we stopped eating fat.
The sugar they add to try and replace the flavor lost from cutting fat is the worst thing for the health of Americans. Enjoy that full fat yogurt, it tastes great and you will be satiated with a small amount

When food tastes good there is no need to eat excessive amounts, so my calorie count stays well within the healthy range. I stay thin and healthy by eating whatever I want. I LOVE butter and DESPISE margarine. Egg and sausage for breakfast sounds wonderful. My "dieting friends" are all overweight and they are miserable because they are missing out on one of life's great pleasures, good tasting food!

Old 01-13-2016, 08:11 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
The existence of your vagina automatically increases premiums. Preventative care and routine maintenance are included. That's the point.
Routine care is a minimal cost. The high expense is from childbirth, and associated problems. This is something that it takes both women AND men to cause, both should bear the cost of their actions. I've never met a women who got pregnant all by herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies