Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 10:50 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This article is about one unnamed woman, there is not any independent corroboration, not even anything confirming that the woman exists and some folks here bought it hook line and sinker. How could that happen? People aren't that naive, are they that desperate to seize on anything that validates their prejudice?
There is a 20 page thread on someone who left a bible tract instead of a tip, all based on a picture of a bible tract. It validates their prejudice and hatred of Christians.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:11 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
A few years back, I took in a dog that was abused by his previous owner. They were going to put him down because he wouldn't trust anyone and would snap at people.

When I took him home, he did his regular routine of barking and snapping at me very aggressively. I grabbed him, shook him, and yelled at him "stop snapping at me!" He never barked or snapped at me ever again.

Nowadays, 5 years after I adopted him and he is the most adorable dog. Anyone can play with him. Neighbor's kids love him.

I used to work for habitat for humanity. Often times, the people we tried to help would try to take as much advantage of us as they could. Why? Because that's all they know. They didn't know any better.

I've found that people who idealizes helping others (people or animals) are always greatly disappointed when they found out reality is never what they fantasized. Those of us who are truly dedicated to helping others are fully aware that more often than not when we feed those who need our help our hands at times will be bitten.

That woman in the article in the OP was just another idealistic person who thought she was living in a damn movie. Then reality hits.

Here's the thing. Just because some of these people's natural tendency is to turn around and bite the hands that feed them doesn't mean we should give up on them. Didn't your jesus say something about this?

These people came from a culture of violence and oppression. That's all they know. I know what I'm about to say may sound offensive, but trying to help these people is like trying to help the abused dog I adopted. You have to show strength as well as patience... a lot of patience.

Sadly many of the type that would be disappointed here in the US do not understand the political realities of some of their favorite utopian dreams and in turn drag the country in perilous directions with them.

Then they question how we got there.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:13 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
The problem isn't really all the migrants, mainly the young single male migrants.

If they don't want to shut the door to them all, at least ban any males who haven't been married for at least 5-10 years (so that the single male ban can't be easily circumvented with a quick marriage to the nearest willing woman). Men over 50 are probably less of a risk too. Unfortunately, boys as young as 14 are risky, since they're old enough to already have their original cultural foundation set and to do real harm.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Sadly many of the type that would be disappointed here in the US do not understand the political realities of some of their favorite utopian dreams and in turn drag the country in perilous directions with them.

Then they question how we got there.
These would be the same that cheered the US "bringing democracy" to the ME.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The problem isn't really all the migrants, mainly the young single male migrants.

If they don't want to shut the door to them all, at least ban any males who haven't been married for at least 5-10 years (so that the single male ban can't be easily circumvented with a quick marriage to the nearest willing woman). Men over 50 are probably less of a risk too. Unfortunately, boys as young as 14 are risky, since they're old enough to already have their original cultural foundation set and to do real harm.
Turns out the majority of these migrants ARE single men 18-24.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:27 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,723 times
Quote:
A few years back, I took in a dog that was abused by his previous owner. They were going to put him down because he wouldn't trust anyone and would snap at people.

When I took him home, he did his regular routine of barking and snapping at me very aggressively. I grabbed him, shook him, and yelled at him "stop snapping at me!" He never barked or snapped at me ever again.

Nowadays, 5 years after I adopted him and he is the most adorable dog. Anyone can play with him. Neighbor's kids love him.

I used to work for habitat for humanity. Often times, the people we tried to help would try to take as much advantage of us as they could. Why? Because that's all they know. They didn't know any better.

I've found that people who idealizes helping others (people or animals) are always greatly disappointed when they found out reality is never what they fantasized. Those of us who are truly dedicated to helping others are fully aware that more often than not when we feed those who need our help our hands at times will be bitten.

That woman in the article in the OP was just another idealistic person who thought she was living in a damn movie. Then reality hits.

Here's the thing. Just because some of these people's natural tendency is to turn around and bite the hands that feed them doesn't mean we should give up on them. Didn't your jesus say something about this?

These people came from a culture of violence and oppression. That's all they know. I know what I'm about to say may sound offensive, but trying to help these people is like trying to help the abused dog I adopted. You have to show strength as well as patience... a lot of patience.
It's not a responsibility, it's a volunteer act. Let's not assume a mandate or else you will be on the next flight and I see to it that you will only have 3 min breaks on the hour.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:35 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:

Comparing people to dogs? If any on the right made that comparison they would be labeled racists or xenophobes.
Dogs, although intelligent, behave based upon instinct. The difference between humans and animals is that we have the ability to reason. Some humans refuse to be reasonable or adapt, or behave in a civilized manner no matter what kindness is shown them. The violent prisoners locked away in the worlds prisons bare this out. Some cultures require a dictator to keep the populace under control.
Given the behavior of the populace of the ME when given freedom, I would say that far too many prefer to act upon animal instinct rather than civilized behavior.
Someone who volunteers to work is doing so out of kindness. People who respond to that kindness by trying to dominate, inflict fear or threaten those helping them, have chosen not to be helped and demonstrated that they don't deserve that help.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:39 PM

140 posts, read 124,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
She is obviously a racist bigot to claim that 90% of them make her feel awkward, sexually harass her, touch her, etc...you can't judge a culture...all cultures are equal.

/s
Classic liberal, just attack the person when you disagree.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:50 PM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Comparing people to dogs? If any on the right made that comparison they would be labeled racists or xenophobes.
It's worse than racism or xenophobia. A dog? It's especially insulting to a Muslim to compare to a dog.

These are adult people who are well aware they are taking advantage. They know what they are doing is wrong both in their culture and particularly in western countries. They just don't respect western culture, so they don't care. They use technology (can dogs use I-phones?) to arrange flash mobs to sexually assault women because it's fun and they have not really had to face consequences. They know how to confuse using their papers and give misinformation to their advantage and that it is breaking the rules. Why insult their humanity to compare them to animals needing training. I guess a critic can respect them as people- responsible for their actions- more so than an apologist.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:01 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
She is obviously a racist bigot to claim that 90% of them make her feel awkward, sexually harass her, touch her, etc...you can't judge a culture...all cultures are equal.

/s
Lol. If we look up the word "equal" in a thesaurus, we'll see that one of those definitions will probably be "the same".

So all cultures are the same? How are there different cultures if all of them are the same? Wouldn't we all just be the same culture in different parts of the world? Please explain this to me, my mind is blown right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies