Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHY did Hillary use her own server
Treason 1 1.01%
Greed 2 2.02%
She feels that she is above all laws 56 56.57%
All of the above 20 20.20%
Other, please post 4 4.04%
She did nothing illegal 11 11.11%
not sure 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 04:41 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times

Advertisements

Why did Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell use private email? Why didn't they turn them over to investigators?
How many angels can dance upon this head of the pin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 04:53 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Why did Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell use private email? Why didn't they turn them over to investigators?

So your argument is: That if it is good for one; it should be good for the other? I don't care if you want to throw all thee in jail! The only question I have is what was the technology then and what is it now - as well as what was the law then and what is it now? If all three of them broke existing laws; then all three of them should have been punished accordingly.

I just don't see that as an excuse for Hillary's actions - especially since she is a lawyer!

Old 01-25-2016, 04:55 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
NOW, IT'S NOT A QUESTION, IF HILLARY DID IT. NOW IS THE TIME TO ASK WHY HILLARY AND HER STAFF DID IT. (WAS IT TREASON OR JUST GREED OR BOTH)
Hillary’s team copied intel off top-secret server to email | New York Post

Hillary knows Hillary better than anyone else.

Hillary knew this job was above her ability and that she would certainly **** it up.

She also knew that when she did, the people holding her accountable (Congress) would want to see her E-mails in order to determine where, when and how she ****ed up.

Additionally, records indicating what she knew and when she knew it (like official E-mails) would severely limit her ability to lie and blame others for her many personal **** ups.

To have an unalterable official archive of her understandings, intentions and actions at the ready would mean the world would potentially see the real Hillary in all her incompetent glory.

The greater risk for Hillary was to not hide her E-mails.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:16 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If all three of them broke existing laws; then all three of them should have been punished accordingly.

I just don't see that as an excuse for Hillary's actions - especially since she is a lawyer!
I don't think the laws prohibiting using private email for govt purposes were enacted until 2014? Dunno.
I could be wrong. You're the one gnashing teeth over it, cite the specific laws they broke and carry on.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

On a follow up of your remark it looks as if Powell and Rice are not accused of using their e-mail for classified information: Colin Powell: I used two computers at State | TheHill and Condoleezza Rice 'rarely used email' as secretary of state - Business Insider. Perhaps you know something we don't? But, if you have information that they used e-mail for classified information, then you should tell us.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:26 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
So your argument is: That if it is good for one; it should be good for the other? I don't care if you want to throw all thee in jail! The only question I have is what was the technology then and what is it now - as well as what was the law then and what is it now? If all three of them broke existing laws; then all three of them should have been punished accordingly.

It gives you context doesn't it, if everyone jaywalks but you want to conduct an investigation on how to punish me for jaywalking don't mind if I roll my eyes. It comes down to the same thing for the last 40 years in American politics you want crap or crap lite, lesser of two evils according to my priorities, no way I'll vote for Trump or Cruz no matter what and it's not even about the candidates is about the people who support them, people who want to ban religions, who rally against multiculturalism who want a homogeneous society, the silliness of the alllivesmatter crowd...... The list is huge, I personally think this whole crusade against Hillary started too soon it's all noise at this point, true or false is hardly relevant when it's been so toxic and politicized since day one, it's a bit of a boy who cried wolf scenario.

Last edited by DUNNDFRNT; 01-25-2016 at 05:41 AM..

Old 01-25-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
It gives you context doesn't it, if everyone jaywalks but you want to conduct an investigation on how to punish me for jaywalking don't mind if I roll my eyes. It comes down to the same thing for the last 40 years in American politics you want crap or crap lite, lesser of two evils according to my priorities, no way I'll vote for Trump or Cruz no matter what and it's not even about the candidates is about the people who support them, people who want to ban religions, who rally against multiculturalism who want a homogeneous society, the silliness of the alllivesmatter crowd...... The list is huge, I personally think this whole crusade against Hillary started too soon it's all noise at this point, true or false is hardly relevant when it's been so toxic and politicized since day one, it's a bit of a boy who cried wolf scenario.

I am a Trump supporter. For the last several years I have been training immigrants to take our tech jobs. I am not a racist; I think that many of the immigrants are good, hard working, employees that deserve the jobs I am training them for. But it is clear that we have turned our backs on our own. We made this system that rewards employers that favor immigrants. Our poor are getting poorer and we are loosing our middle-class; even with Democrats that claim they are our saviors!

As far as banning a religion. The only remarks I have heard are that we have to have better screening (vetting) procedures in place. Of course some racist always show up; that's the nature of the beast. It isn't that Muslims don't have some problems; just like Christians have problems. To favor any nation that is the birthplace of ISIS is foolish; we are only asking for trouble. There are many other countries with immigrants in dire straights.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:05 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
NOW, IT'S NOT A QUESTION, IF HILLARY DID IT. NOW IS THE TIME TO ASK WHY HILLARY AND HER STAFF DID IT. (WAS IT TREASON OR JUST GREED OR BOTH)

It distills down to the core beliefs and essence of what a liberal is- a totalitarian. Totalitarians of all stripes, liberals included, do not believe in uniform enforcement of the law and truely believe that there are "enlightened" individuals who are above the law.

Keep in mind that even Marx, in Das Kapital, did not mind monarchies and the concept of "enlightened rulers" over the proliteriat.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:43 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
HRC did it because she is a lawyer and lawyers are like artists with wordsmithing their forte. What do you see? is the question they ask. HRC interpreted the law in a way that favored her along with a legal strategy to support her actions.

That is why lawyers need to be banned as legislators. They pass laws no one can understand and constantly apply a latitude of interpretation that more often than not crosses the line of legality and intent. Takes years of appeals and reversals to figure out if someone broke the law.

When a lawyer says, 'you can keep your doctor, if you like your doctor. PERIOD!
What do you think he means? Suppose that lawyer is the Prez?

When a lawyer tells you to fire a shot into the air to scare away a robber, can you believe you won't be charged with a felony? Suppose that lawyer is the VP?

When a lawyer tells you the video caused the attack, can you believe her?

when the USAG/lawyer gives several judges/lawyers, false information to get a warrant to spy on a journalist, can you ever again trust the DOJ under that lawyer president?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:45 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:

the more important question is, why is hilary not being prosecuted for this crime? when any normal American would already be in court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies