Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHY did Hillary use her own server
Treason 1 1.01%
Greed 2 2.02%
She feels that she is above all laws 56 56.57%
All of the above 20 20.20%
Other, please post 4 4.04%
She did nothing illegal 11 11.11%
not sure 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:18 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
To make a prisoner swap (the Ambassador for the Blind Sheik)? Because Obama had said that Al Queada was on the run and it was an election year? Because our government was running guns through Benghazi to Syria? There had to be money, power or protection involved in the decision to let them die and the decision to lie to the American people. These things don't happen in a vacuum or without coordinated effort.

What was a reason for the lie about the video (an excuse that was shoved down the throats of both the families of the fallen and the American public)? What would be the reason to spend a couple of weeks spouting a video when they must have known that eventually that story would fall flat?

There's a reason Clinton used the video as an excuse - while telling the public and families of a video, she was telling the leader of Egypt (and her own daughter) that it was a terrorist attack. Something she knew immediately in real time.

There's a reason why Stevens continual requests for more security was denied.

There's a reason why the attack was being watched in real time via drone and yet we left them there to die alone.

There's a reason why Obama threw the CIA under the bus re: their intelligence gathering on the growing threat in Benghazi, and while the CIA had been telling the administration for a year about the growing threat.

None of it makes sense without the important piece(s) of the puzzle that we cannot get to. Why can't we get to it? Why?

Democrats don't care about Benghazi. Why don't they care? Even those who are convinced that this is all a witch hunt against Hillary Clinton should be wondering about the facts that we DO know and wondering why this event was allowed to happen. One of our Ambassadors died. He begged for extra security and was denied and he died. The Ops guys on the ground begged for help once they realized that the compound was under attack. They begged for help, they did not receive it, and we left them there to die. The video was used as a reason and the video was proven to be a lie.

Does this whole thing go away because Clinton just thinks that she is "above the law"? I hope not. But I also don't think that this entire episode played out the way it did, simply because she's above the law. That's too easy of an answer. There's something there.
Too late to edit it, so just disregard this whole damn response. You can tell I have Benghazi on the brain and wrote this before drinking enough coffee this morning. Sorry folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 11:24 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Hillary Clinton only cares about Hillary Clinton. She's a bitter and nasty old bat who treats her subordinates like dirt. My father worked for the State Department while she was Secretary of State and also while Bill Clinton was President. On all her visits to US embassies, she was an unbearable harpy.

She kept emails on a private server for one reason: to protect herself by controlling the trail of information. She's a proven liar and a control freak. I'm not sure why anyone would support her.
We knew what she was about when she tried to hide her Rose Law Firm billing records from investigators.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:28 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,901,614 times
A combination of options 3 and 5. She feels like she is above the law and I think that is why her response to this has been a joke, but I do wonder if other top government employees do this as well, and the reason would be to stop hackers from other countries from getting their emails. If she could hide her server somewhere else in the country, that may be safer, but as the FBI has stated they think her secret server was compromised as well, so who knows. I personally wouldn't trust government servers to keep my information safe, especially since we know that China has hacked many government servers and databases. That said, she should have just come clean in the first place, gave a rational answer like I just said, and the issue wouldn't be as big now. The FBI has stated that they don't care about government employees having private servers, they just need to know about them so they can keep tabs on them to make sure they are not compromised. Hillary and her staff probably had no idea her servers were compromised.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:31 PM

50,836 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Hillary Clinton only cares about Hillary Clinton. She's a bitter and nasty old bat who treats her subordinates like dirt. My father worked for the State Department while she was Secretary of State and also while Bill Clinton was President. On all her visits to US embassies, she was an unbearable harpy.

She kept emails on a private server for one reason: to protect herself by controlling the trail of information. She's a proven liar and a control freak. I'm not sure why anyone would support her.
In response to the first section in off-red: I can believe that, at least to an extent. Of course, we don't know what your father's politics and agenda are, but overall I can believe that -- perhaps toned down just a little -- about Hillary.

In response to the brown highlighted section: more than any of the wacko explanations for the email situation, I can believe that.

Saying she's a control freak...I can believe that.

A proven liar...well, more so than Trump? Don't make me laugh. I don't think Hillary is any more a liar than the average politician.

Now, why would anyone support her:
1. Trump. That's all that needs to be said in that category.
2. Cruz. I never trust a man whose own colleagues dislike - hate him. Does not play well with others.
3. Palin. Now, why do I throw Palin in? Trump + Cruz + Palin = today's Republican party.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is easy for liberals to ignore the countless other lies of hers regarding the email scandal, but this should move the inner conscience of many liberals to the fact that she is corrupt and tainted.
It's equally easy for conservatives to ignore the FACT that after all these months, the situation will come to a head right in the middle of the campaign. Smells of politics at its most shameful.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Read my post above. There's your intent. I bet she used private email thinking nobody would investigate her because she thinks she's above the law and it was used because she used her position to get money for their foundation. I think this goes from security issues to public corruption.
Well, which one. I've read them all, but they don't answer the questions I asked.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
I am of the opinion that 2 things have happened with Clinton's email. First, she set up the private server to avoid compliance with FOIA. This is pretty apparent with her use of pseudonyms for Chelsea. Second, and more importantly, it is now clear that she directed staffers and deputies to remove classification markings and send classified data from a classified network to her personal, unclassified network, which is a clear violation of Federal law. The argument about justification for her private server, and approval thereof becomes moot. Once she directed her staff to strip classification markings and send classified data from a high side network to her unclassified system, she broke the law. Around 1,340 times so far by the latest IC/IG accounting.
How does all that answer the 2 questions I asked.

I asked where greed comes in because I don't see how she is making money off what she did.

I also asked why the OP thought a candidate would commit treason in order to be elected president.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

I believe Obama will allow her to be indicted which will force his good friend Biden to throw his hat into the ring.
I hope so.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:45 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
...why Hillary could shoot people and still get their votes......

Old 01-25-2016, 03:10 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yadda yadda yadda. Meanwhile, there are real issues facing this country. It would be nice if Republicans would focus there for a few minutes. Like that will ever happen.

She's right. We don't.
Well damn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies