Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2016, 09:05 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You honestly don't see the over exaggeration here.......this certainly looks made up or possible plants to make the Patriots look like loons. I consider and see some very poor acting here.....Some very questionable things are out there about the remaining people, David Fry was reported as being very unbalanced a few weeks into this protest.
Sorry, LE didn't have to make them look like loons, their own videos did that very effectively, and any American who was interested had ample opportunity to make that judgement for themselves.

And the ones that are left continue to act like loons.

The simple fact is that they were sunk the first appeal they issued for supplies. People who actually sympathized with them and might have been thinking about joining them would have realized what pathetic excuses they are for soldiers and decided that this was not a situation that could result in a PR win, let alone an actual one.

Now, I wouldn't doubt that there was an informant/provocateur in this group, either on the refuge or off. As a member of an anti-war group many years ago, it turned out that our most rabid member - the one who "joked" about molotov cocktails - was a plant. But since we were genuinely non-violent, he got a blank stare and not a "hell, yeah!" whenever he delivered one of his inflammatory statements. I was young and naive at the time, so I just thought he was weird. Looking back on it, I think it likely that our older members, who had resisted WWII, were well-aware that he was a plant.

My point being that in a sane group of people, no one takes the crazy seriously.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:06 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is no other explanation, you can make what you want out of the video but he only raises his hands momentarily and goes to his waist 3 times. Keep in mind that this is the second road block and he almost ran over the agent, trying to run over LE can get you killed. If I was in that situation considering the events leading up I would have been very careful.

I was thinking thank god they have the video from the helicopter so this can be settled but I guess not.

Another thing I notice is that there are quite a few participants from Nevada and Arizona, why didn't the Bundy's make their statement in their own state particularly since the Hammonds stated they didn't want them.

Some more craziness from Fiore.

https://twitter.com/votefiore

Second Eyewitness: Chronicling the Tragic Ambush and Murder of LaVoy Finicum [Video] | Free Capitalist Project
Some are saying he was shot and this is what he was grabbing at. It will be interesting when the autopsy is done. The man had a planned meeting with the Sheriff in Grant County it was setup and the towns people all knew this was happening. Why did this Sheriff setup a meeting he knew would conflict with BLM?

The US government has been looking at LaVoy for a while.......he was an educated man confronting the US government, something none of us are allowed to do, obviously! Why were the Paiutes important artifacts found under dust and cobwebs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYyJmQmoekc

Why are URANIUM & MAGNESIUM becoming the big BUZZ word? You do know LaVoy was known for keeping people up to date on the laws of government and the people........someone didn't like this! Have you looked up how many monuments are being given away for our debt? Now people can figure out why the debt is going down, are they giving away our land, for debt?

You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything~ The American People

Old 02-01-2016, 09:20 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Being a shooter myself and knowing many people who shoot, I am very comfortable with a pistol revolver, 9 mm feel to light and nothing I like to shoot. That being said, I would never grab a 9 mm NEVER.......if my other gun was not available, people do not just switch out. Plus, a man who is known for carrying a gun on his hip is not going to go to a fight with a concealed weapon under his shirt. Then a man is not going to go for his gun, change his mind and go for it again.......this was the biggest BS of the whole explanation! Witnesses are saying he only had a rifle which was in the truck, he didn't have any gun on his body.
Did you even read that link? Every doubt of yours is covered frame-by-frame in excruciating detail by an expert. "Bob Owens is the Editor of BearingArms.com. He is an alumnus of Gunsite Academy, is an instructor with Project Appleseed, and is the author of the short e-book, So You Want to Own a Gun. He can be found on Twitter at bob_owens."

The article has two pictures of the shoulder harness that Finicum was known to wear carrying a 9mm. And as Owens stated, it doesn't matter whether he was armed at all. The way his arm reached around to his left was consistent with reaching for a gun from a shoulder harness. And don't forget that Finicum never raised his hands above his head. He held them out to the side. That's half-way between a ready position and hands overhead. That's certainly NOT what was being screamed at him by multiple officers.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:27 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Some are saying he was shot and this is what he was grabbing at. It will be interesting when the autopsy is done. The man had a planned meeting with the Sheriff in Grant County it was setup and the towns people all knew this was happening. Why did this Sheriff setup a meeting he knew would conflict with BLM?
Someone at John Day who was there waiting for the Bundy entourage tweeted that the Sheriff looked shaken when he heard about the arrests. The speculation is that he was kept out of the loop by LE regarding the planned arrests because he was know to be sympathetic to the militia and they were worried he would tip them off.

And one of the patriots is now claiming that the reason Finicum got out of his vehicle and was attempting to run was he was trying to get to that sheriff. Which, considering he was still miles away, with snow covered terrain and many, many LE between him and John Day, proves pretty definitively the second part of your quote here:

Quote:
You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Last edited by JAMS14; 02-01-2016 at 09:40 AM..

Old 02-01-2016, 09:28 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
he was an educated man confronting the US government, something none of us are allowed to do, obviously!
Thousands of educated Americans confront the government on a wide spectrum of issues from the environment, domestic intelligence, alleged abuses of power, civil liberties, criminal justice, the economy, and foreign policy just to name a few and live long and full lives, so no it isn't obvious in the least. However, when one resorts to violence or at least the threat of it, they usually come to the same end as Mr. LaVoy. There wasn't a single issue that the Bundy/LaVoys couldn't have addressed using employing unarmed non-violent "take over" instead of the delusional belief that they could confront the government at gun point.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything ~ The American People
The quote is from actress Irene Dunn who spoke those words in a 1945 radio broadcast.

If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything | Quote Investigator

Old 02-01-2016, 09:37 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Some are saying he was shot and this is what he was grabbing at.
All I see is grabbing for straws.

Quote:
The man had a planned meeting with the Sheriff in Grant County it was setup and the towns people all knew this was happening. Why did this Sheriff setup a meeting he knew would conflict with BLM?
Because the Sheriff appears to have been a Bundy supporter and as such unlikely to be very bright. The Bundyites - themselves not very bright - put their entire leadership in two cars and took off on a deserted road. They weren't serious about all their government oppression BS, they appear to have thought they'd be given free passage.

Quote:
Why are URANIUM & MAGNESIUM becoming the big BUZZ word? You do know LaVoy was known for keeping people up to date on the laws of government and the people........someone didn't like this! Have you looked up how many monuments are being given away for our debt? Now people can figure out why the debt is going down, are they giving away our land, for debt?
Now what are you on about?

Old 02-01-2016, 09:41 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Witnesses are saying he only had a rifle which was in the truck, he didn't have any gun on his body.
Quote:
To recap, Blaine Cooper, a member of the refuge occupation from the beginning, has now gone on the record with claims that ALL of the people arrested on the highway, as well as the man killed, were completely and totally unarmed.
Your witnesses do not appear overly reliable...

Old 02-01-2016, 09:48 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,476,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Now what are you on about?
Stand by for kookiness: Clinton Is Selling Uranium From Bundy and Hammond Ranches to Russians to Fund Presidential Campaign « InvestmentWatch

Old 02-01-2016, 09:55 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,995 times
Woah.... Thanks for sharing that.

Uranium's been in the doghouse since before Fukushima.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies