Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I see you are from Annandale, Va. Maybe you are familiar with the Aaron Brown case that happened in Alexandria in 2006. Brown was a teenage kid riding in the back seat of an SUV with some other teenagers who were skipping out on their tab at the local Ihop when an off-duty cop who was working security fired multiple rounds into the SUV killing Brown on the spot. All of the shots were fired from the side and rear of the SUV. None from the front where the officer would have been in the path of the SUV. Now I won't give all of the details here but if you google "Aaron Brown case Alexandria, Va." you can find plenty of information on the case. If you read up on this case I'd like you to tell me if you think this particular "reduction in the gene pool" was OK.
Vaguely remember the case, and as I recall, it was a bad decision by the cop. The kid didn't need to be offed, but he and his pals put themselves in a bad situation to begin with.
If they had been home doing their geometry homework, it wouldn't have happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 08:48 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Vaguely remember the case, and as I recall, it was a bad decision by the cop. The kid didn't need to be offed, but he and his pals put themselves in a bad situation to begin with.
If they had been home doing their geometry homework, it wouldn't have happened.
Cop made a bad decision and killed a kid that shouldn't have been killed. Kid made a bad decision by skipping out on his restaurant tab. There is no equivalence here.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If I attempted to use my car to hit LE, I would not expect a good outcome.

No one's life was in danger, but the lady that finally got killed. You forget, there is a video, for us all to come to our own conclusions, without investigating if it was edited.

That was Murder... Straight up.

People scared of guns, will run from that gun at all cost, for good reason.
The badge does not make anyone "more human" "more smart" or " have common sense".

That was straight up murder.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:00 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Bullies being bullies...

Same happened to that kid just trying to get away from the guy with a gun pointed at them.
Unarmed people get shot by cops on a daily basis. The city that hires them say it is ok, and give the guy paid leave until they tell everyone to go home. Nothing to see here.

Then the flip side..........

There is a guy here doing life for killing 3 cops, that was part of a no knock raid. He shot and killed 3 and injured 4 cops, with his .45.
They were at the wrong house.

if the cops were at the wrong home and he killed 3 cops and wounded 4, then he should not be spending any time in prison, as the cops were breaking and entering.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:00 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
I don't know the details of this case yet either, but if the person isn't stopped right then and there, it could become
another 3-county pursuit by dozens of law enforcement agencies.
We too often see news with helicopters chasing overhead with the perp blasting through intersections colliding with innocents or worse.
Further, 100% of the suspects have seen the inside of a jail cell before.
As far as I'm concerned, a quick reduction in the gene pool is OK with me. Just sayin'.
Details? Who needs details?

We have morons telling us we need to be independent thinkers and agree with them before getting all the facts....otherwise we are law enforcement loving sheeple.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:02 AM

Was there a hole in here windshield, where his bullet passed through? NO.

Is her drivers side window shot out?

This cops life was not on the line.
That was MURDER!

Old 01-29-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if the cops were at the wrong home and he killed 3 cops and wounded 4, then he should not be spending any time in prison, as the cops were breaking and entering.
You would think. I do know the County Sheriff was tossed(resigned) over it and election time there was a County flip to Republican.(for a decade)

The guy living in rural Texas, didn't have the cleanest record, but had no warrants or in any recent trouble. The local media painted him as a cop killer and guns were bad(remember the Brady Bill and all that was going on at the time)

Old 01-29-2016, 09:25 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I don't know the details of this case yet either, but if the person isn't stopped right then and there, it could become
another 3-county pursuit by dozens of law enforcement agencies.
We too often see news with helicopters chasing overhead with the perp blasting through intersections colliding with innocents or worse.
Further, 100% of the suspects have seen the inside of a jail cell before.
As far as I'm concerned, a quick reduction in the gene pool is OK with me. Just sayin'.

She may have had a panic attack, or she might have been a diabetic with low blood sugar.

Erratic, irrational or panicked behavior doesn`t have to carry a death sentence.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:29 AM

1.) Mall Cops called the police, because she seemed upset.
2.) Chased by cops.
3.) Stopped to let cross traffic clear
4.) Cops approached the vehicle guns drawn(from the rear, remember they were following her)
5.) Traffic cleared and she gassed it to go.
6.) She was shot multiple times.
7.) No bullet holes in front windshield
8.) No shattered drivers window
9.) Shattered rear passengers window.
10.)Angle from rear passengers window, to the drivers seat, the deceased was struck in the left back side.

A badge has always been a license to MURDER!

Old 01-29-2016, 09:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The underlying reason this misbehavior by some police forces is because their mission has changed from being a police force set up to prevent crime and/or investigate criminal activity to one of an occupying army in what, they presume, is a rebellious and criminal territory. In the US that territory is economically and racially determined. This is why in most cases the police are exonerated from any crimes because they were just dong their job even if that job is to terrorize the impoverished. If the police are treated as criminals then the politicians and the people that elected them are equally guilty by association for the murder and the murderer. Most people cannot accept responsibility for that crime. Hence the murders continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies