Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 07:20 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Too late.
Don't be silly. I can't realistically list all organizations that need diversity as per liberal standards.

I only ask we apply the same rules across the board not using double standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 07:21 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
As long as we focus on race and gender like what liberals do, we will never become a better society. Let's focus on qualification rather than race and gender. If the liberals want business to hire women and minorities, they really should work with women and minorities to improve their qualifications.

darn it I wish you people would stop blaming the other political party....republicans are to blame as well...

stop putting people in jobs they can't perform....diversity had good intentions, however, it doesn't work.....all you do is make them feel entitled and then they sue if they don't get what they want or if they are fired for not showing up for work????

We are all to blame for allowing it to happen.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post

Who's going to stop them?
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

I am sorry. Discrimination is OK when it's against whites and Asian men?

Old 02-05-2016, 07:24 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Your perspective is extremely racist
that isn't racist, that is the truth.....and it is a proven truth.....

Yanno, that is everyone's trump card today, Your a racist....geeze louise, when is the truth going to start sinking in...

when all people of all races work together, you have a working society, but it only takes one, to upset the whole apple cart. Lets educate ourselves, morally and intellectually...

Old 02-05-2016, 08:13 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
that isn't racist, that is the truth.....and it is a proven truth.....

Yanno, that is everyone's trump card today, Your a racist....geeze louise, when is the truth going to start sinking in...

when all people of all races work together, you have a working society, but it only takes one, to upset the whole apple cart. Lets educate ourselves, morally and intellectually...
So... In the beginning we had only white christian males in good paying positions in USA. So how come Jews and Asians also got into those places in large numbers? They did not have any AA, positive quotes, etc.
Can you please explain?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
So... In the beginning we had only white christian males in good paying positions in USA. So how come Jews and Asians also got into those places in large numbers? They did not have any AA, positive quotes, etc.
Can you please explain?
According to some posts here, their system was rigged to favor whites and Asian men but somehow the NBA system was not rigged to favor blacks.

I am still trying to grasp that concept.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Don't be silly. I can't realistically list all organizations that need diversity as per liberal standards.

I only ask we apply the same rules across the board not using double standards.
Nah..even if you'd have thought about the NHL first, you still would've used the NBA. You know this, and so do I.

Regardless, the best qualified person gets the job in nearly all cases. That's a fact. And for the few cases where they don't, it ain't worth crying about.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah..even if you'd have thought about the NHL first, you still would've used the NBA. You know this, and so do I.

Regardless, the best qualified person gets the job in nearly all cases. That's a fact. And for the few cases where they don't, it ain't worth crying about.
I didn't even know what NHL was until I googled it. Not everybody watches sports as part of their life. That's beyond the point.

My question really is why liberals aren't criticizing Intel's hiring discrimination and why aren't they criticizing all NXLs' lack of diversity?

Old 02-05-2016, 03:53 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
It is not racism because the only thing they are doing is making sure they advertise jobs to qualified underrepresented minorities.

Most companies that lack diversity are that way due to limiting who they are advertising open positions to. Lots of companies today will hire friends or friends of friends or friends of family members or family members. Networking, regardless of what many of you think, is the key to obtaining high quality, higher paying employment.

Therefore, if all your friends are all white and you come from a white family and all the friends of your friends are 98% white, then those are the only candidates you will get. Advertising open positions to HBCUs or Hispanic Chambers of Commerce or Sororities at college campuses will increase the pool of diverse, qualified applicants and will increase the chances of diversity at specific companies.

Basically, that is all Intel is doing along with other companies that are highly divers. Coca-Cola comes to mind for me as I went to an HBCU in Atlanta. Coca-Cola recruits the best business majors from HBCUs and as a result they have a pretty high representation of black mid to upper level managers.

Those of you who think diversity means unqualified are biased against women and minorities. Why would you automatically assume that a woman or minority is unqualified just because a company has a diversity plan? That is a biased mindset.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:02 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Also, playing sports is not an equivalent to IT careers or business careers. Sports, for the players, is a game.

If you want to use sports, you should look at the business side. How diverse are owners and executives of sporting franchises?

The players, IMO are more like the clerical staff at a business. You usually find the diverse persons in those positions and mid to upper level management.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies