Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:22 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Comparison USA-Germany

Here is an interesting read from a German's perspective as they live/work in the USA.
Land of the deceived, and home of the slave. Who was it that said, there are none so enslaved as the slave that thinks he is free,?

We have been conditioned over the decades to believe how free we are, when the truth is, we are born into slavery, not so unlike the people depicted in the Matrix. Of course, we aren't used as human batteries by machines, but we are used as revenue generating assets of our overlords, each of us given our unique serial number, at birth, with our birth certificate being nothing more than a common stock representing a value to our owners, and used as collateral for the debts being piled up to be paid by those yet to be born.

Ah .... Freedom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 09:24 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
A WELL REGULATED Militia, not a bunch of of self-appointed constitutionally illiterate half-wits capable of filling out a 4473!
"The right of the People to bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

It doesn't say anything about a militia. That is a separate thought. Deal with it.

Freedom is lost, we are living in times of great and growing tyranny, loss of privacy and implosion of the system.

America has become an armed camp. The population is in a holding pattern to see what happens when the clock strikes midnight. I fear we are nearing an abyss from which the fundamentals of this country may fail.

Last edited by jamies; 02-10-2016 at 09:32 PM..

Old 02-11-2016, 12:06 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Haha! Good point. I don't think the members of the Age Of Reason could have ever imagined what the Constitution would mean during the subsequent Age Of Unreason. Of course, at the time, involvement in the government was rather limited (no blacks, women, poor people, etc.), but there was a belief that personal responsibility was a universal desire and that government dependency (i.e. social welfare) would always be repulsive.
Here's the year pivotal year Americans trust in government began to decline.

"In 1958, when the American National Election Study first asked this question, 73% said they could trust the government just about always or most of the time." 1. Trust in government: 1958-2015 | Pew Research Center

I was brought up to believe the Constitution is a living and breathing document. Say that now and those are fighting words for some.

However, I still believe it to be true and the our Founding Fathers wished for the American people to choose the type of government that they would like to have govern them. The Constitution is an unabridged form of law, there in lies breathing room for the present day society to make changes that will reflect present day school of thought. The ability to amend the document is what gives it, life.

The desires of today's society goes far beyond the social welfare in the dependency on the government. The Government is the number 1 employer of the United States rather than the private sector. And even within the privately held companies government contracts along with funding has become the norm. Then of course we have regulations on what companies can and can not produce, which also effects our (farmers) foods. But it is all for the good of the people right, so it's all good.

Then the argument comes from both sides of the isle on what is Constitutionally correct.

I once asked here on this forum a few years back, how would you like the government to provide you with your home, your transportation and your job? I was surprised to find people would take them up on it. The Constitution that grants us freedoms can also take it away, if it is interpreted as such, voted on to be and amended to, then, it becomes the law of the land.

The Universal desire for Government dependency is but a vote away and our States will no longer be free. (imo, States lost their freedom when they accepted Federal Funding) The people have given their power to the Government and yes, they are free to do so. That is what freedom means. The right to choose one's own government.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:12 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
"The right of the People to bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

It doesn't say anything about a militia. That is a separate thought. Deal with it.
I did.

Quote:
Freedom is lost, we are living in times of great and growing tyranny, loss of privacy and implosion of the system.
So some folks keep saying.

Quote:
America has become an armed camp. The population is in a holding pattern to see what happens when the clock strikes midnight. I fear we are nearing an abyss from which the fundamentals of this country may fail.

"America has become an armed camp.

The population is in a holding pattern to see what happens when the clock strikes midnight...

I fear we are nearing an abyss from which the fundamentals of the this country may fail."
Wow, just wow!

Old 02-11-2016, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Most conservatives have a very twisted and narrow view of "freedom". A great example would be when their desire to discriminate against homosexuals is pitched as "religious freedom".

When a conservative thinks about freedom, what it really means is they get something they want - like say free land in Oregon or their personal views on religion to be enshrined in law - and someone else gets to give up something in order for them to get it.
The mandate in the health care law, didn't cost you a thing did it.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Comparison USA-Germany

Here is an interesting read from a German's perspective as they live/work in the USA.
Tried to rep you for the article but couldn't. I made a friend; she lives in Germany; that article explains a lot.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking It's so amusing...

White guys in America whining about how tough they've got it.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
White guys in America whining about how tough they've got it.

Depends who is trying to be the Bully, no matter what color skin one may be born with.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
No one's bullying me.

You?

Old 02-11-2016, 08:41 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

This is what separates liberals from conservatives. Conservatives understand WHY the wheel is round, while the liberal wants to improve the shape, because they believe they are just so damned much smarter than all who came before them.
Yes, let's not try to improve things. That was my point, that conservatives want to keep things the way they were. If conservatives had their way, blacks would still be in slavery and women would not be allowed to vote!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies