Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 10:26 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If I was stupid enough to be overheard by "a wrong person" planning a terrorist attack I should have my phones tapped. A warrant is still required for a search of my person or property.

If I were investigating a cover up and found evidence I would probably shop it to the publishers and to the guilty and sell it to the highest bidder. That is just good business.

I am still here.

I do not know about the government killing reporters but it would not surprise me.

If I decide I need to carry a gun I will do so.
One doesn't have to be planning anything for it to be believed that they are ...

Warrantless searches
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...1wP_story.html
"The president may now order warrantless surveillance, including a new capability to force companies and organizations to turn over information on citizens’ finances, communications and associations."

The sky isn't falling. There are only comets and asteroids ... doing fly byes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 10:30 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Can you really? Were have the gun maker rights gone........seems people think they can own a gun, but what if one needs something, this is being limited and most don't even see the elephant in the room! Have you even noticed gun manufacturers are having federal issues?

People who spoke against Beyoncé racist performance have had to explain themselves, yet she hasn't, why is that? Notice how Iran put one of OUR soldiers on display crying, is this something to say, "OH well" to? Try traveling to Burns, Oregon and speak to the people who live there, one would think they are the ones causing trouble. Come to find out it wasn't exactly the people at the refuge harassing people, how could they, those people were being watched........who sent in people to harass the citizens of Burns, Oregon and make it look like the "militia" was doing it? I liked (not) how when reporting about these people, it was always the "militia this, the militia that" If people take time to watch videos, it is very clear the towns people were just fine with these people arriving, yet the media lied to all of you!
Don't ever step over the line and have IRS wanting more taxes from you........"free" If a person has no house mortgage you still do not own the property, the state does, it is NEVER yours. Why do I have to pay Federal taxes from my paycheck? The federal government should not be asking us for money, yet we let them. I agree with paying state taxes, this benefits you and I, what does paying Federal taxes do? The say it's paying off debt and road work, etc....we are $19 trillion in debt to foreign countries, we've got major issues with our power grid.......again how free are you, really?

Democrats are the leading people behind in paying Federal taxes. Many owe a lot, yet the government can harass ranchers and nobody is asking why Al Sharpton and others are not paying there share.
When the day comes that people ask, 'where's the beef'? Then, they might figure it out, but by then it will be way to late to do anything about it.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No one's bullying me.

You?

How do you know?

Old 02-11-2016, 02:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
When we lose the free press and they become the government's propaganda machine, the government can then do whatever it wants. the head of the DOJ can lie on warrants and judge shop, the head of the senate can lie to thow an election and the president can lie about the attack on an embassy and no legal of moral consequence because the media looks the other way. Freedom is then defined at the whim of the government to suit its political agenda.

In all actuality... This nation has never had a "free press"... Not until the internet.

A revolution was started by those that had the ability to publish.
Those that published, became part of the government, at the very beginning and they regulated the message that got to the people from the very beginning.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:14 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How do you know?
The usual way.

So, you're saying you wouldn't know? If so, then it's not an issue.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:03 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
How are we the people to maintain a free state, with government in check?
The checks and balances have gone a skew.

The 1st amendment is being leaned upon in todays America like in no other time in the nations history.
The 2nd Amendment started being neutered immediately following the Civil War. It has been stripped of all its glory and ability.
The 4th Amendment has been leaned upon since prohibition and has accelerated in the war on drugs and now this terrorism crisis the government has created.
The 5th Amendment is a conviction now, instead of government finding the truth. Plead the 5th and see the intimidation pushed at you immediately.
The 8th Amendment, has been abused with mandatory sentencing. Long incarceration and death for victimless crimes.(laVoy F.)
The 10th Amendment was taken before the Civil War and was the cause of the Civil War.

What is the definition of:
being necessary to the security of a Free State.

If the freedom & liberty outlined in the Constitution is constantly being treaded upon by an all powerful government, what is necessary to the security of a free State, to maintain the US. Constitution in its full glory???

The right to vote isn't saving the constitution, from those dead set on destroying it all together.
Maryland's motto is the "Free State" and we would scratch the "r".

Old 02-12-2016, 06:10 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
One doesn't have to be planning anything for it to be believed that they are ...

Warrantless searches
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...1wP_story.html
"The president may now order warrantless surveillance, including a new capability to force companies and organizations to turn over information on citizens’ finances, communications and associations."

The sky isn't falling. There are only comets and asteroids ... doing fly byes.
your articl is a little old.

Warrantless searches have been around ever since the RICO laws were passed back in 1970 (I believe)

It's a little late to start complaining now.

Where have you been for the last 45 years?

Old 02-12-2016, 06:54 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,766 times
You cannot have a government and freedom at the same time. They are mutually exclusive. The whole premise of government is to be able to do things that no individual would be able to do, morally.

For instance, you site the bill of rights as protections of freedom. However, the Bill of Rights came after the creation of a government. They had to amend the creation of government to include protections from what or who? From the very thing that was most likely to violate their rights. The thing they just created; a government.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:57 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Warrantless searches have been around ever since the RICO laws were passed back in 1970 (I believe)

It's a little late to start complaining now.

Where have you been for the last 45 years?
That's a really good question because stop and frisk, no-knock and warrantless searches, full tactical raids have been going on in some neighborhoods for over 40 years yet I don't recall so called patriots ever complaining about such abuses of the Constitution…

And when folks in Ferguson protest police abuse by the state, the Oath Keepers and Patriot Networks instead of coming to stand between the people and the state, instead choose to stand with the government…

Funny how that works.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:27 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
First off Conservative is not a political party.
There are Conservative & Progressives in the Republican party.
There are only Progressives in the Democrat party.

Conservative is a value, that wants government out of the lives of Americans. Government makes laws, and the Progressive values, is government knows best. Bigger and bigger government to legislate every aspect of your life.

So you have both establishment wings of the parties that seek to legislate every aspect of your life. The small segment of Conservatives within the Republican party are trying to stop the government intrusion into liberty. Not legislate it more.
You want government out of your lives until something affects your state. Then you want government to bail you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies