Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 09:21 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,838,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I hate to be happy about the death of anyone but this is great news!!! We should celebrate.
Why would you be happy? Because you've disagreed with him? You should be ashamed of yourself if you really feel this way. But, I suppose it's all political to people like you.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
I wasn't a fan of his, but from human to human, may he rest in peace.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:29 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
This is going to be fun for Obama. He knows that the Senate Republicans would not confirm anyone he nominates, so he will probably nominate, say for example, a gay handicapped Muslim black Hispanic woman and let the Republicans either hold up the confirmation for over 300 days or hold a kangaroo court hearing for the TV cameras, in either case Obama can excoriate the Republicans on a weekly basis. And Obama can repeat that about 2 or 3 times before he leaves office. That's exactly what he'd do. Master trolling.
Don't give Obama any good ideas ! You should probably be working in the Obama administration .

Old 02-13-2016, 09:30 PM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Are you going to take this thread into every Supreme Court ruling in history?
Liberals have already done that on this thread long before I did. Have you not read the many complaints about Scalia's Constitutionalism?

Old 02-13-2016, 09:33 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Don't give Obama any good ideas ! You should probably be working in the Obama administration .
It really would be funny. I think Obama can nominate any number of good candidates that it would be hard for Republicans to ignore. I think over a year would be a record for being without a 9th.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's his right to nominate a justice and if the Republicans block it for no other reason that he made the nomination then the Republican ARE evil.
It would also be unAmerican. They only use the Constitution as the law of the land when it suits their agendas.

Tonight they proved to me they do not believe in democracy, but they already said in 2008 they would block any bill Obama wanted to pass, so this is no surprise. They now control the House and Senate and not only want to control the White House, but the Supreme Court as well. Then in their theocracy they can control how we pray, what we teach our children and what we do with our bodies.

"One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs 11:24

On a personal note, I was nauseated when the news of Scalia's passing was announced and Mitch McConnell wasted no time in attacking Pres Obama.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:35 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It was the liberals on the court in the Kelo case who said people's homes can be taken by eminent domain to benefit private developers. You are entirely backwards on who are the villains on the court. Of course that is to be expected from people who are happy over someone's death.
^^^ This.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:38 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We are one justice away from having a constitution in name only. The Republicans will do this nation a great service if they can stop Obama from nominating anyone. We will just have to get by with 8 justices. No big deal. A tie vote or two will do little harm.
Actually, doesn't a tie vote mean it goes back to the lower courts decision. I would say that's a big deal.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It was the liberals on the court in the Kelo case who said people's homes can be taken by eminent domain to benefit private developers. You are entirely backwards on who are the villains on the court. Of course that is to be expected from people who are happy over someone's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^ This.

Governor John Rowland was a Republican!

Old 02-13-2016, 09:43 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,838,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
It would also be unAmerican. They only use the Constitution as the law of the land when it suits their agendas.

Tonight they proved to me they do not believe in democracy, but they already said in 2008 they would block any bill Obama wanted to pass, so this is no surprise. They now control the House and Senate and not only want to control the White House, but the Supreme Court as well. Then in their theocracy they can control how we pray, what we teach our children and what we do with our bodies.

"One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs 11:24

On a personal note, I was nauseated when the news of Scalia's passing was announced and Mitch McConnell wasted no time in attacking Pres Obama.
If McConnell used Scalia's death to attack Obama, thats a dirtbag move, without a doubt.

To the rest of your post, you're nuts. Republicans don't care if you pray, or if you do, or where if you do. You've bought into propaganda and maybe have seen some of the nuts that have been elected. By and large, we don't care what you do, where you do it, or if you even do it. I'd say the majority of Republicans are those who just want to live and let live.

Yes, we keep electing these bozos. I won't argue that. But, you can't put that kind of label on all of us. And I say us, but I'm more of an Independent Conservative that occasionally votes Liberal.

And, please, don't go into quoting the Bible. We can all find a passage that suits our argument. How about stick to the 10 Commandments. That's much easier, and better, for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies